Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Respawn RSP-200: A New Heir in a Long Line of Chairs - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageRespawn RSP-200: A New Heir in a Long Line of Chairs - MMORPG.com

One of the biggest considerations in the conversation about gaming chairs is price. Is it possible to get a decent quality, racer-style gaming chair on a budget? Respawn would like to think so.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Why are the chairs on Amazon 3 times more than the price listed here and on their website?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited November 2017

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Just bought a leather chair. Got tired of Bonded Leather ripping apart. The parent company is the worst culprit of this happening.
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    a "gaming chair".

It's like those "gaming glasses" that got sold a while back.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2017
    If "Lots of plastic - concern for over-time breakdown" is listed in the con list, then i stay away from it.

It doesn't have to last 10 years, but if it starts getting loose and flimsy after a few months of daily use then it's not worth the asking price.

I feel like gaming chair brands focus on design instead of durability. They all look really cool, but they all look like they will break after a few swings.

Just my thoughts.
    Avarix

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I feel that gaming chairs are a racket. Many of them are just sub-standard office chairs with large price tags and cool flashy colored material. I prefer a good quality office chair with fabric rather then leather. I have had my current chair 10 years and only now has the fabric started to tear, just in time for a black Friday sale!

Go to an office supply store and find a good chair you can sit in before buying.
    KooturRidrithmklinicLeiHngWeiAvarix
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Just go to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. They get good office chairs in all the time, and they're rarely over $50. My current chair is sort of a recliner / office chair hybrid, very comfortable, and is made with mostly metal supports and a solid hardwood base. No wheels, but slides easily enough on carpet. Paid $25 on sale. Some of the base bolts came loose over time, but a little Loc-tite fixed them right up.

If I'm going to pay $215+ for a chair, it had damn well better be made of METAL, not cheap plastic. For that much, I'd rather go buy an antique reclining office chair made by a company or craftsman who took pride in their work, a piece that will still be beautiful and functional a hundred years after one of these stupidly expensive 'gaming chairs' has been broken and thrown into a landfill.
    AvarixGrunty

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Just go to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store. They get good office chairs in all the time, and they're rarely over $50. My current chair is sort of a recliner / office chair hybrid, very comfortable, and is made with mostly metal supports and a solid hardwood base. No wheels, but slides easily enough on carpet. Paid $25 on sale. Some of the base bolts came loose over time, but a little Loc-tite fixed them right up.

If I'm going to pay $215+ for a chair, it had damn well better be made of METAL, not cheap plastic. For that much, I'd rather go buy an antique reclining office chair made by a company or craftsman who took pride in their work, a piece that will still be beautiful and functional a hundred years after one of these stupidly expensive 'gaming chairs' has been broken and thrown into a landfill.

That's what I do. Got one from a resale store a few months ago ($40) after the other one died. Got that one from a resale store also and it lasted around three or four years.
    Grunty

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Instead of paying so much money for that chair I'll rather go to Ikea...
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I got a cheap (for gaming chairs) gaming chair not too long ago for like $90 off Amazon. It's super comfy, but as expected, it is falling apart a bit after a couple months. These things are actually great if you can find and afford a good quality one.
  • khadijavyekhadijavye Member CommonPosts: 1
    Damien, how has the mesh held up?
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited September 2018
    Talonsin said:
    I feel that gaming chairs are a racket. Many of them are just sub-standard office chairs with large price tags and cool flashy colored material. I prefer a good quality office chair with fabric rather then leather. I have had my current chair 10 years and only now has the fabric started to tear, just in time for a black Friday sale!

Go to an office supply store and find a good chair you can sit in before buying.
    The original gaming chairs of the 80's were high dollar automobile semi-racing seats.  The most popular one's were Recaro car seats.  Then cheap mass produced gaming chairs started copying the looks but most certainly not the quality of the original.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams