Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SEA Version Closing on December 12th - Kritika Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageSEA Version Closing on December 12th - Kritika Online - MMORPG.com

Kritika Online News - Thanks to Dragnelus, we now know that the SEA version of Kritika Online will be closing on December 12th after only a year in service. The post on the PlayPark site indicates that there will be several Thank You events between now and then. All cash purchases will stop starting November 10th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm honestly not.
    BillMurphy
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    wait...w00t!!!? A random generic korean mmorpg is closing? just...wow.
    BruceYee

Beta tester maniac

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Honestly this game was relatively fun as an action MMORPG, but it just didn't have anything to do. It got super boring super quick because you feel like you had done all of the content way too quickly. 
  • XenoskaXenoska Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Another example as to why people will begin to no longer support or spend money on MMOs that are not subscription based. So many have come and gone now, if you haven't realized, they're obvious money grabs.
    Lastlaughlol
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    berlight said:
    wait...w00t!!!? A random generic korean mmorpg is closing? just...wow.
    Because it's relevant since En Masse just launched it in NA? * facepalms *
    judygreybio

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Which is why i didn't bother getting invested in the NA ver it's bound to happen here too
    LastlaughlolBruceYee
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    but isnt a KR game? and still going to get updates (hell a new class was released no longer ago in KR archer class noneless )
    judygreybio
  • LeviNaseyLeviNasey Member CommonPosts: 9
    what countrys are in sea?
    judygreybio

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

LeviNasey said:

Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines.
    SBFord
  • LeviNaseyLeviNasey Member CommonPosts: 9

Warlyx said:

LeviNasey said:

Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines.

thx for the information
    judygreybio

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    Another generic shit-tier MMO that was brought over with virtually no budget is closing? Oh lawd. Say it ain't so! NA version will close down soon. Good riddance. Get this junk out of here.
    judygreybio
    I like to complain about games.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    Game couldn't even be bothered to try to pull off a real summoner class.  I use that as one of my benchmarks of how willing the developers are to push the bar on what a character can do.  This game stopped at the usual generic tank spellcaster rogue set up and that's that.  If they aren't even willing to push the bar past the most generic character roster possible, they clearly weren't capable of doing the same with the content either.

It's been like, over a decade and Dungeon Fighter Online still has the most varied classes and gameplay and content of these beat-em-up brawler MMORPGs.   Yeesh.
  • lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    It's always a shame to see games shut down, because there are people who enjoy playing them. I know what it's like to really love a game and have the rug pulled from under your feet (thanks for nothing NCSoft!)

Having said that, I can't say I'm too surprised. Kritika Online, while fun for a while, lacked any real depth. I didn't get any of my characters past the mid 20's. I just got bored, probably not my sort of game really. What this means for the NA version, we'll just have to wait and see.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id