Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft Announces PC MMO 'Project TL' - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNCSoft Announces PC MMO 'Project TL' - MMORPG.com News

During today's press event, NCSoft announced "their next-gen flagship PC MMORPG" called Project TL. According to IvenGlobal, this is the next game in the Lineage series and is being developed using the Unreal Engine 4. Some of the features include dynamic weather, terrain and destructible buildings. This is apparently a reworked, or perhaps simply renamed, Lineage Eternal.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    so what happened to Lineage Eternal? did it get scrapped?
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited November 2017

Lineage Eternal reception was sooo bad in Korea, that Ncsoft got rid of the high ranking staff on the project and replaced them. Then Ncsoft promised to re-do the entire game to more of what Koreans wanted. A Lineage III. 
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    First thing that came to mind was, so this is what they've done with Linage Eternal. Look good but tell me again when we closer to launch/beta... not years away like LE and Lost Ark have been.
    KyleranXingbairongThunder073Junglecharly
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Another one of this korean games :) Its always the same game with some small differences and new visuals... yawn
    ViterzgirAlomarsycogenesisThunder073deniterGobstopper3D[Deleted User]zzaxalkarionlogPowerBottomand 2 others.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    That dude has an unusually tiny head.
    sycogenesisLucienReneMrMelGibsonchocolate42069RawkiazgatothAgnharandredoc
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited November 2017
    Looks kind of like Black Desert the ARPG, but without graphical pop up. Holy shit the mounted combat though. That part caught my eye. What I see is basically all the good of Lineage Eternal, but none of the bad. I hope it's not another 2-3 years away, because that looks phenomenal as an action MMO.
    mazutConstantineMerusNephethLucienReneIceAgeSirBalingonjes99MyrdynnSovrathvelimiriusand 3 others.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    Another ARPG...ugh. Nothing against them, but there's kind of a lot of them. Lineage Eternal was going the ARPG route wasn't it? With like 3 switchable "characters" instead of actually customizing a character. Could just be modified from that, like Overwatch was actually from another Blizzard project originally.
    SteelhelmAlomarPhrydeniterbcbullyMrMelGibson
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    yeah why work on that game instead of lineage eternal ? :( or this is the scrap parts of the lineage eternal game ?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Ill try it all. But I wont look for more info. Will prob be 3 years till western release? :cry: 
    AlomarMitara

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Warlyx said:
    yeah why work on that game instead of lineage eternal ? :( or this is the scrap parts of the lineage eternal game ?
    Fairly certain (but not sure) this is the re-done Lineage Eternal. It's pretty far along and seems to be more of a traditional ARPG with one character per player. 
    KyleranConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonMitara

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Definitely reminded me of Lineage Eternal, clearly the ancestor to this title.

Let me know when it arrives in the West, they haven't been doing that so much lately.
    ConstantineMerusblastermasterMitara

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Looks great, but looks can be deceiving and what's more in the past 3-4 years I've learned that if they are announcing it now then we can expect it in at least another 2-3 years at the very least if it launches at all.
    BruceYee
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Have to say, the gameplay looks pretty sick.
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    if that video is even close to the actual combat feel of the game then im sold, all i really need in an arpg is the feeling that combat has weight.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2017
    Mind the gameplay mix with CGI. 

But still the last part, if that is World PvP and really achieves that cool level of destruction and vibe... IWANT.
    AlomarMrMelGibson
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    MaxBacon said:
    Mind the gameplay mix with CGI. 

But still the last part, if that is World PvP and really achieves that cool level of destruction and vibe... IWANT.
    SC misrepresents everything...and you point this out....lol

MaxBacon
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks good and I hope they get it right this time.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Looks kind of like Black Desert the ARPG, but without graphical pop up. Holy shit the mounted combat though. That part caught my eye. What I see is basically all the good of Lineage Eternal, but none of the bad. I hope it's not another 2-3 years away, because that looks phenomenal as an action MMO.
    I see your holy shit and raise you a fuck me sideways that was awesome!!
    MikehaKyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    reminds me of that g-star lineage eternal video that surfaced 4 (or more i don't remember exactly) years ago. just a nicely edited and scripted video of a vaporware to keep people waiting.

sadly we are dealing with ncsoft here, it will never come to the west and if it does, it's gonna be like blade and soul : way too late for people to give a shit about an outdated game for more than a month.
    or worse, it's gonna be scrapped again like lineage eternal and be turned into the only thing asian gamers (and devs) really care about nowadays (and the reason no real AAA mmo will release after bdo) : a mobile p2w 'game'.

might seem very pessimistic but i can almost bet money on this.
    BloodDiimond
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited November 2017
    too bad its NCSoft it looks good, but they will f it up
    meonthissiteBlaze_Rocker
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    DMKano said:I
    This is the Lineage Eteranal redo.

I must say that gameplay video blows Lost Ark out of the water.

Now I hope NCSoft has learned why Lineag Eternal sucked so bad - zero replayability (same problem with almost all Korean ARPG-MMO hybrids

NCSoft - as far as depth of gear and skill tree builds look at PoE, Grim Dawn, Diablo 2 - please for the love of all that is good, DO NOT do WoW-style linear class and gear progression!

learn where all others have failed
    I'd love it if they use the Grim Dawn model in particular. Grim Dawn's dual class system is brilliant.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

This basically looks ( gameplay ) like Lineage Eternal. I would not be suprised that they scrapped it, but use same engine and gameplay.

In any case, it looks awesome. I would gladly play it in 10 years when its actually released in west...LOL
    MrMelGibson

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    This is clearly using Lineage Eternal engine and gameplay. 
    LE was most likely scrapped, and its assets are reused.

In any case this looks awesome, and like something I would gladly play.... in 10 years when its released in west

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    kchisarik said:
    too bad its NCSoft it looks good, but they will f it up
    It might be good but its almost guaranteed that it'll be optimized like garbage. They have a knack for most of their games being poorly optimized for some reason. Wildstar seems to run the best for me the brief time I played oddly enough.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Looks awesome, I'm in.

Knight guy's head looked a little small for his body in that last scene.
    LucienReneMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo