Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webzen Announces the Start of Open Beta without Character Wipe - Mu Legend - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageWebzen Announces the Start of Open Beta without Character Wipe - Mu Legend - MMORPG.com

Mu Legend News - Webzen has announced that MU Legend is now in its open beta phase of development. This is the "last preparation step" prior to full retail launch and players will be able to keep all progress, characters, items and other purchases once that happens. The entire game is open for testing, however, there are plans in the near future to add content including 3v3, territory wars and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited November 2017
    No wipe is all I need to hear. See you in game. :-)
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    i am disappointed in this article, it's obviously not wiping on a open beta, hell some mmorpgs don't even wipe after a closed beta
    budimasjoko
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    WTF! Wipe that shit! Just because I dont want to play an unfinished game- does not mean that the the betaboys can have a head start!
    KyleranWalkinGlenn

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Mensur said:

WTF! Wipe that shit! Just because I dont want to play an unfinished game- does not mean that the the betaboys can have a head start!

It's "Open Beta". Basically launch, Mensur.
    KyleranOctagon7711

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Mensur said:

It's "Open Beta". Basically launch, Mensur.

This.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    Looking forward to trying this. Loading it up right now.

Hopefully it's not garbage. Most of the games that attempt this are absolutely trash.
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    It is the usual. If you have some friends to play with and don´t mind grinding, it is a nice game to kill some spare time here and then.
    BillMurphy
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I did want to try this, but I might wait to see how low the population goes or if it pulls in a lot of the Mu Online players. Webzen is really bad at getting people to play their newer games, and then they end up shutting them down relatively quickly after launch IE: Archlord 2, Asta.
    edited November 2017
    First impressions are..

-Blader is a skill for skill copy and paste of Diablo 3's Barbarian.

-Anime tits in my face.

-Gender locked classes.

-Combat is just 'ok'. Feels impactful enough, but only just enough.

-Armor and weapons look great.

-Copied Diablo 3's paragon system.

-Pretty much the same UI as Devilian (which was an adjusted copy of TERA's) and is not scalable. Could actually BE the same UI with a couple things moved around.

-Dungeons are called Rifts (Hello again Diablo)

-Pandemonium (Hello AGAIN Diablo)

-Turn on Autoclick Target option and hold down all buttons to win.

-Some achievements reward cash shop currency.

Basically? It's not just a clone, it's a rip off clone. It's ok and could be worth your time but it's very similar to Devilian and that game is pretty much dead already.
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    SBFordPhryOctagon7711
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    wow your comment is rude! ;) it look like all this steam comments with 1.2h of game
    it just came out and i load it now and really, if i have something to say about any free game, just try it and see! (and after burn it on proper forum!!! if needed)
    [Deleted User]Phry
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

First impressions are..

-Anime tits in my face.

-Gender locked classes.

-Pretty much the same UI as Devilian (which was an adjusted copy of TERA's) and is not scalable. Could actually BE the same UI with a couple things moved around.

Basically? It's not just a clone, it's a rip off clone. It's ok and could be worth your time but it's very similar to Devilian and that game is pretty much dead already.

If it's like Diablo 3 it's good for me I love Diablo 3
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Hmm.  Everything about it reminds me of Devilian and that's not a selling point.  I'll need to research endgame before spending my time on it.

hyllyh said:

wow your comment is rude! ;) it look like all this steam comments with 1.2h of game

it just came out and i load it now and really, if i have something to say about any free game, just try it and see! (and after burn it on proper forum!!! if needed)

Actually, my comment is mostly full of facts. Actual facts... and, like, a couple opinions. It also states it's a first impression, not some kind of review. Everyone knows I haven't sunk a lot of time into it after reading the first line.

DeadSpock said:

First impressions are..

-Anime tits in my face.

-Gender locked classes.

If it's like Diablo 3 it's good for me I love Diablo 3

It's not like Diablo 3.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Open Beta with no wipes 'cause saying "release" is so very scary :)
    Octagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited November 2017
    well i've downloaded and tried installing three times to no avail - their crappy installer has corrupt files no matter where it downloads to.  Maybe their file check will fix things afterwards
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    hyllyh said:
    This would be the proper forum to say your opinions on a game. Especially under a thread based on the games announcement of Open Beta.