Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle for Lordaeron Diorama - Blizz Scores Guinness World Record - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORP

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageBattle for Lordaeron Diorama - Blizz Scores Guinness World Record - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

During Blizzcon 2017, Blizzard won a Guinness Book of World Records title for "Largest Video Game Diorama". The diorama sat on the show floor and featured 10,000 randomly selected characters from the attendee pool. It features the Battle of Lordaeron showing the arrayed troops as depicted in the Battle for Azeroth cinematic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Any idea if the people who had their characters 3d printed got them as gift. Would've been a really nice bonus, though that would've been unfair to a lot of the other attendees.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Any idea if the people who had their characters 3d printed got them as gift. Would've been a really nice bonus, though that would've been unfair to a lot of the other attendees.
    I don't know! Maybe they could purchase their character?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    If they had open world pvp on a scale like that in-game I would have never left.
    Laviota
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    That is neat.  Plain and simple!
    SBFordOctagon7711

I self identify as a monkey.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Someone wrote software to read your character profile assign it a pose and create a 3D file for a printer. They can do this for any character in the game at any scale. How many would pay to have their character as a sculpt.  You could occupy an army of miniatures painters for decades and never complete them all. It's staggering. 
    You can also get them from this site https://www.figureprints.com/wow/Default.aspx
    Octagon7711
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited November 2017
    They talk about finding your figurine in the Diorama. But with out the help of a computer controlled laser pointer, then crawling out on to the Diorama just to see it. I don't think it is even possible. Lastly the game provides world geography, I'm not upset that the Diorama didn't recreate it. But I feel that doing so would have kept up with the Blizzard standard we have come to expect. I also look forward to the WoW haters ridiculing that statement, in their continuing pathetic attempt to spread their hate. Something like this makes me sorry I didn't attend.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sounds awesome.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    That's insane. It's really cool to see something of that scale for a diorama.
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    This is what WoW needs in game for PvP or at least something like ESO Cyrodiil or GW2 WvW
    Alomar