Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Coming in Kobolds & Catacombs - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat's Coming in Kobolds & Catacombs - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft News - Earlier today, Blizzard's Hearthstone team spent time outlining the game's next expansion and what players can expect. Information was provided about Legendary Weapons, Unidentified Items, Spellstones, new cards and free Legendary Cards.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I play Hearthstone,i somewhat enjoy it but am not nearly satisfied with the job Blizzard does.

The UI is cheap as it gets,no tourny format no multiplayer,no open chit chat on and on.

As to the next expansion,well the last two were the worst p2w yet and by a lot,I tire of hearing people with no clue tell me about how THEY never spend a dime,even if i believe them,they miss the point entirely.

So i fully expect next expansion to be equally p2w and that is why they always like to tel us about the FREE or packs we get.Their design alone dictates that free is nothing close to the truth,we spend money on cards in mtg,we OWN the cards,we can trade them,sell them whatever we want.Blizzard handcuffs and controls the cars we paid for or earned and the dusting is pathetic,5 dust for as normal card and again using mtg as an example,some normal cards can be valuable and worth a lot more.

Point being it never feels like YOUR game or YOUR cards,a totally handcuffed system.

As to the reveals?That weapon is obviously legendary so yeah pay or take forever to get it.
    The gear are what we call VALUE cards because they basically combine 2 effects into one card but not overly strong cards,hence why they are not p2w cards.
    I don't fuly understand the sperllstone cards but as usual Shaman gets a crappy overload card,worst mechanic in game and continues to handcuff Shaman.Right now Shaman relies on ONE effect>>>EVOLVE and a normal card "Dopplegangster".

Way more class cards are needed for most classes,except Priest an already powerful class with tons of resource class cards,no need to for fishing into the neutral cards,except the legends like kazakus.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Wizardry said:

I play Hearthstone,i somewhat enjoy it but am not nearly satisfied with the job Blizzard does.

The UI is cheap as it gets,no tourny format no multiplayer,no open chit chat on and on.

As to the next expansion,well the last two were the worst p2w yet and by a lot,I tire of hearing people with no clue tell me about how THEY never spend a dime,even if i believe them,they miss the point entirely.

So i fully expect next expansion to be equally p2w and that is why they always like to tel us about the FREE or packs we get.Their design alone dictates that free is nothing close to the truth,we spend money on cards in mtg,we OWN the cards,we can trade them,sell them whatever we want.Blizzard handcuffs and controls the cars we paid for or earned and the dusting is pathetic,5 dust for as normal card and again using mtg as an example,some normal cards can be valuable and worth a lot more.

Point being it never feels like YOUR game or YOUR cards,a totally handcuffed system.

As to the reveals?That weapon is obviously legendary so yeah pay or take forever to get it.

The gear are what we call VALUE cards because they basically combine 2 effects into one card but not overly strong cards,hence why they are not p2w cards.

I don't fuly understand the sperllstone cards but as usual Shaman gets a crappy overload card,worst mechanic in game and continues to handcuff Shaman.Right now Shaman relies on ONE effect>>>EVOLVE and a normal card "Dopplegangster".

Way more class cards are needed for most classes,except Priest an already powerful class with tons of resource class cards,no need to for fishing into the neutral cards,except the legends like kazakus.

But Ive never spent a dime!!!!! LOL
    SBFord
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Wizardry said:

This x100
  • magentowizardmagentowizard Member UncommonPosts: 17
    The game is a grind for cards or a huge shell out of money. If they had more adventures I would play, but I have given up on the game as it so difficult to make a good deck unless you pay cash. So you basically always feel like a loser. There are so many better card games out now.
    CorileannaBruceYee
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Sadly to me even though it is supposed to be a fair system to gain packs, a decent competitive community and simple gameplay.. I feel it's a slog to just feel even a small amount stronger with your deck... The fact that classes for the most part need separate cards, makes progress slow for me. I only like certain classes for game play so far, Shaman is kinda weak and warrior isn't my style ever. I did spend money even. For some adventures and a few pack deals. Didin't seem to help improve my decks, and the adventures seem made too difficult or use more advanced mechanics for a newbie to the game to learn right away...

Not to mention, I really enjoy Magic, and this kinda seems to pervert the format for the sake of becoming mainstream and earning Blizz a profit? I dunno, just seems gimmicky to me. :/

I would kill for a modern update Magic Online client with tournaments and updated cards.. God the current one i archaic but I'm still getting the urge to download it again and try.. cause Magic has that special ingredient that makes it feel legit and worth fussing over, that quality that it isn't a waste of time that will likely vanish from the web shortly, ya now?

Here's to hoping that new Magic inspired MMO being made is amazing and listens to it's feedback from players! :D
    BruceYee