Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic wow will make noobs cry

rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
Name 5 things that will make the wotlk'ers and onwards spit their dummies out if they play classic wow when the server launches.

I'l go first 

1. No lfg 
2. No heirlooms
3. Running everywhere
4. Having to drink mana water
5. Having to use CC

I can think of more can you? 
Gyva02

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Agnarr is a hundred times more brutal than classic WoW and it is Daybreaks most popular server atm. Classic WoW will have to open multiple servers to appease the masses.
    Gyva02Phaedruslives
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Im so excited. 
    Getting face melted and realizing you either have to wait 20 min for your friends to come help kill the other player or you have to leave the zone.

Actually have to bring optimal spec/gear combos
    Actual consequences for being a known griefer/loot thief
    PvP ranks that require playing... a lot.
    Gear restricted to not being a terrible player
    Fusing materials that are hard to get to form  super weapons that feel super

rush1984
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    edited November 2017
    Barrens chat
    Farming for fast mount 
    Trying to get inside mc without being killed (ok that was fun)
    No flying 
    Having to buy ammo and feed pet on hunter
    Kyleran
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    You need a populated server to make money on the AH. You can have looted  good item, but who is it going to buy? Grinding gold from mob drops is not for all classes.

Brunlin
  • SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332
    I'm gonna enjoy seeing all the skeletons littering the ground in the starting areas :)
    rush1984Octagon7711Gyva02
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    SS->TM and back.
    rush1984Tsiya
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited November 2017
    Keller said:
    You need a populated server to make money on the AH. You can have looted  good item, but who is it going to buy? Grinding gold from mob drops is not for all classes.

The server will be very populated. I don't think that there will be any problems with the AH. That being said it will take it a little while for the economy to mature,but anyone who knows a thing about trading will make a fortune in the first few days. That being said a fortune on this server will be different on a server that has a lot of gold in the economy. Inflation though has little to do with wealth in the beginning.
    Gdemami

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

DMKano said:
    The noobs will probably like it.

when nostalgia wears off the vets will be leaving in droves.

The thing with classic servers - for majority they are a flash in the pan, because after a couple of weeks the feeling "I've done all this before" hits you hard.

It will be interesting to see how long people last on classic servers before quitting, because deja-vu is cool at first, but fades fast.

But thousands played on private servers like nos me included for very long time 60 priest 60 hunter 60 druid , and I still think it' best mmorpg around and I first played wow early 2005
    Drengarth86[Deleted User]GdemamimcrippinsNildenGyva02Kilrane
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    DMKano said:

The thing with classic servers - for majority they are a flash in the pan, because after a couple of weeks the feeling "I've done all this before" hits you hard.

It will be interesting to see how long people last on classic servers before quitting, because deja-vu is cool at first, but fades fast.

Pretty much. It will be a cool museum to visit, but once you seen all there is to see, no need to stay.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Should be fun watching dmg warriors/paladins/druids/priests/shamans crying about how nobody wants them in party and raid.

rush1984
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    I don't see it lasting, pretty much the same thing when they brought back Crystal Pepsi.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711XarkoHariken
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Pay a sub for a 13 year old game yeah right, should be free. Wow is the king of rehashing old content wrapping it up as something new. From someone who played a month after launch and years after, nty. Most of the changes were for the better I definitely didn't want to play vanilla for 13 years. I give a vets a few weeks of it to find that out. New players, well they wouldn't know anything else.
    [Deleted User]XarkoMaurgrimHariken
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

But thousands played on private servers like nos me included for very long time 60 priest 60 hunter 60 druid , and I still think it' best mmorpg around and I first played wow early 2005

And those thousands are representative of a minority. 

What % of 12million players will play classic servers at all? 

What % will play for more than 1 month? 3months? 6?

You are going to find very rapidly dwindling numbers as time goes on
    Your point is moot, every game server rapidly declines shortly after every expansion. They could merge 60% of the live WoW servers right now if it didn't looks so bad media wise.

Some people are simply smart enough to acknowledge that watching a good movie twice is better than a bad movie once.
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Tight knit communities is what made classic so amazing on my old server bloodfeather everyone knew who best players were what progression all guilds had , I still have friends I made in vannila, before it got massive and the casual floodgates opened it was awesome I even remember the most famous ninja bagdush, if you reading this bag I forgive u lool .
    Anyway I think your missing the point of why people want to play , a minority of players? I fucking hope so
    GdemamiSteelhelm
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2017
    rush1984 said:by
    Name 5 things that will make the wotlk'ers and onwards spit their dummies out if they play classic wow when the server launches.

I'l go first 

1. No lfg 
    2. No heirlooms
    3. Running everywhere
    4. Having to drink mana water
    5. Having to use CC

I can think of more can you? 
    You are assuming of course "Classic Servers" will actually be like this.

They very well could decide to add in dungeon and raid finders, or remove mana water drinking or even give Horde Paladins.

Knowing Blizzard Classic Servers won't necessarily be very much like Vanilla servers, all depends how the decide to approach it.

[Deleted User]acidblood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    What are you all scared of? EQ TLP servers are extremely popular. These will be too.
    Steelhelm

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2017
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Why do you think anyone (including Blizzard) expects numbers comparable to live?  Why are you using that as a measuring stick?

The interview leads me to believe they are expecting a niche of their fanbase will enjoy this experience.  Not sure why you keep trying to insist that this experience would ever be expected to keep numbers comparable to a modern-day release.  Or that it would be considered a complete failure if it doesn't hold comparable numbers.  Not sure where anyone asserted it would.
    GdemamixyzercrimeJamesGoblinKylerankadajvolajuGaladourn

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    rush1984 said:

Having to buy ammo and feed pet on hunter
    ----------------------------------------------

I actually miss that part :-)
    rush1984JamesGoblinSteelhelm

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Why do you think anyone (including Blizzard) expects numbers comparable to live?  Why are you using that as a measuring stick?

The interview leads me to believe they are expecting a niche of their fanbase will enjoy this experience.  Not sure why you keep trying to insist that this experience would ever be expected to keep numbers comparable to a modern-day release.  Or that it would be considered a complete failure if it doesn't hold comparable numbers.  Not sure where anyone asserted it would.
    Idd he seems to think vanilla is to be considered a expansion or something lol it' just to keep us few players happy and probably to shut us up after years of asking for classic lol
    Tsiya
    edited November 2017
    Relampago said:
    SS->TM and back.
    But them wars was awesome , I was on a RP (earthen ring) server in 2005 and when we did the Ss vs Tm wars it was epic we used to line up mounted while leader strolled back and forth doing his brave heart speech lol horde did the same and then chaaaarge! 
    Sounds silly now but back then it was fun hehe .
    Tsiya
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Having to manage soul shards and soul shard bags. Same with ammo pouches for hunters.
    Tsiya
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited November 2017
    I think what he is saying is there will be a decent number but that there would be a large drop off after the initial surge in population. It is true I also think the servers will drop off and it will have a population but nowhere close to the number that try it initially and there will be a steady population that will stay.

However WoW has one advantage over the Project 1999 server in that end game content is not locked up by a few guilds making it impossible for others to enjoy the end game raids. In this respect the server will not be full of people so fed up once they reach top level .

People playing a game with no end game raid instances must accept that they will never see the end game content and be satisfied with that. I have when I originally played Everquest got even my epic so that aspect is not going to upset me but surely not everyone is happy with that.

DMKano is not wrong and anyway the proof is in the pudding we just have to wait.
    Chamber of Chains
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Corpse run, resource management, cc abilities, lfg spam, manually walking to instances. Don't forget to actually run away from trains.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TeleboasTeleboas Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I'm probably in the minority, but I'm looking forward to this because I can finally try WoW starting from where I remember leaving off!

I played WoW when it first came out, but only stayed for a few months (I ended up going to EQ2 and playing it for years).  I never went back because I hate being the "noob" in the group that hadn't been there already for years.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited November 2017
    As someone who has never played WoW I may give this one a shot as long as its not on rails. ;)