Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic Servers Announcement - World of Warcraft Game Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageClassic Servers Announcement - World of Warcraft Game Trailer

During the first day of Blizzcon, Blizzard took just about everybody by surprise with its announcement of classic servers. This provides an opportunity for players to go back in time to experience the WoW that was. It's an acknowledgement of the WoW

Read the full story here

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Well I'll be damned.
    JamesGoblinGameboyMarc[Deleted User]SweetToeThupliYukmarcbartoni33jgDuffayGnog

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited November 2017
    You cannot avoid goosebumps after the rewinds finally conclude and you get to see the dwarf traverse the snow and look over the horizon to reveal the glorious capital of Ironforge. Music and all.

It is really something for any vanilla player.
    MadFrenchieHerasejpedrote52CoolitAlomar[Deleted User]ZenerenCyber_wastelandWaanSteelhelmand 3 others.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    First EA steps back the microtransactions, now Blizzard is looking to release classic servers? It ain't April, Suzie! What gives??
    Tokkenena1976Sadfistvito11

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    I'm curious how they'll do it, like if they do servers on a expansion by expansion basis. I personally liked Cata (I only liked MoP for Timeless Isle). I'm also surprised there aren't at least 30 posts already about this on here.
    Sadfist
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I want a charbro discombobulater now.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I might actually give WoW a shot. I hope the classic servers won't allow any veteran rewards etc.
    CoolitAlomar
  • DareberryDareberry Member UncommonPosts: 12
    FUCKTHEDUCK! FINALLY!
    Coolit[Deleted User]
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    "to play in classic server u need pay extra 15-30€ each month"
  • DareberryDareberry Member UncommonPosts: 12

Arskaaa said:

totally worth it
    CoolitAlomarSignex[Deleted User]ZenerenCryolitycalvito11
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Well thats good news for all the folks that wanted it ...Good that they get there game , and Blizz can control the content ..

So , hopefully a win/ win
    [Deleted User]forcelimaMrMelGibsonZenerenSteelhelmLeiHngWei
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Is it wrong that I'm actually far more excited about this than the expansion? \(^_^)/
    AlbatroesArskaaajpedrote52CanibalolerAlomarYoofaloofTokkenZenerenSteelhelmSadfist
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Albatroes said:
    I'm curious how they'll do it, like if they do servers on a expansion by expansion basis. I personally liked Cata (I only liked MoP for Timeless Isle). I'm also surprised there aren't at least 30 posts already about this on here.

They could do a smarter job.  Rather than progression server, and expansion server.  Say you play  on Vanilla Silver Hand, they can  open up a TBC Silver Hand and you can copy your character onto that and those who want to stay on Vanilla Silver Hand can do so.  And Yes, allow you to have your character on both if you want....Hence the copy rather than transfer......
    NephethMyrdynnSadfist
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Arskaaa said:
    i wonder if you can pay just for vanilla servers - my guess is no
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    I wonder if it will be legit vanilla or their own bastardized version of it.
    some-clueless-guyTokkenThupliSamhaelSadfist
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I would like to see a function similar to the current level boosts. At character selection you would highlight a character and then permanently opt them into an expansion.

When you're ready to move on from vanilla. Highlight TheDude344 and click 'The Burning Crusade' Then you get a pop-up 'TheDude344 will now have access to The Burning Crusade expansion and all subsequent content up to Patch 3.1400. This change is permanent. Are you sure you wish to continue?'

This would allow me to experience expansions at my own pace.

ThupliZeneren
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Way to late...
    winghaven1NephethSovrathAlomar

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I bet they wont have the classic pvp system where only 1 person can reach grand marshal per week.

Archeage EU - Nui

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Very surprised that they're playing the vanilla card so quickly. Figured they'd wait until the game was on its last legs. 
    blackthornnThupliLoke666Radoo
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I bet they wont have the classic pvp system where only 1 person can reach grand marshal per week.
    Hopefully not, that was one of the worst systems ever.
    AlomarMrMelGibsonZenerenThupliGnogTacticalZombeh
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Never know.  That would make it feel vanilla to me rather than the change they made near the end of vanilla for the tbc expac.
    Zeneren
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited November 2017
    SirBalin said:
    Way to late...
    I don't really care about Vanilla servers that much but it's WoW you're talking about... It's not an ordinary mmorpg. It is never too late. I can literally link you dozens of forum discussions from other websites, videos form youtube etc just posted days ago about how they want an official vanilla server. It's never too late for WoW.
    Alomar[Deleted User]Thupli
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Forgrimm said:

Hopefully not, that was one of the worst systems ever.

Pretty sure that if they are doing everything as it should be then the old PvP rules will apply. Btw 1 GM per week wasn't the issue, but the fact that you needed to be first for the week to get it was what was tough. If people weren't willing to pass it to you it was really hard especially back in the days where there were no cross realms and if you weren't in the best PvP team on the realm your chances were slim to none, however I'm sure that they will keep the dungeon finder and cross realms, so things should be different.
    Signex
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Ghavrigg said:
    Very surprised that they're playing the vanilla card so quickly. Figured they'd wait until the game was on its last legs. 
    Why would they when they can say they are hosting it and they need to make you pay specially for it separately and not part of the WoW subscription so people will pay double to play WoW. Win ,win for them.
    Zeneren

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    I am excited for Classic servers ... but has me wondering if that includes the graphical upgrades or are we getting a true 2004 server? Either way .. I am exited to re-see the old world again.
    AlomarThupli
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

Arskaaa said:

Where does it say that ... What is your source? Is this just speculation?
    ScottJeslisSamhael