Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panel Report - Queen Azshara, Zone Scaling, Improved World PvP and More - World of Warcraft - MMORP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePanel Report - Queen Azshara, Zone Scaling, Improved World PvP and More - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - The World of Warcraft team will be on hand in a few minutes to talk more about what's next for WoW after today's announcement of the Battle for Azeroth announcement. The panel is focused on the systems and locations throughout Battle of Azeroth.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    meh
    JeffSpicoliCazrielrasgan514deniter[Deleted User]
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Nooo. I don't want level scaling everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to one shot everything!
    pantaroXingbairongOctagon7711TokkenZenerenAeliousValanarrScotty787

RAWR

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So no more pvp or pve servers? So what if you want to play with a friend who opts to pvp and you opt pve?
    Thupliswarmdie
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    "Leveling Improvements

The entire world will be level scaled, though not all zones to 110. Each zone will have a minimum-maximum level caps. Flexible Expansion order is being introduced that applies to dungeons and rewards as well. This will begin with patch 7.3.5."

Well this I dont like and its going to be implemented even without the expansion so I'm on the fence about playing at all now. What? Walk outside Stormwind/Orgrimmar and everything 110? I'm not feeling it. Based on everything we know, it feels like they didn't really learn anything from Legion. Like "If we keep giving them the same thing, they'll learn to like it." I'm curious on your take on all of this so far Suzie
    Syphin_BCazrieljimmywolfValanarrMisatoTremor
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Meh? How about “finally”. It’s awsome.
    jgDuffayOctagon7711onelesslightSadfist[Deleted User]Righteous_Rockborghive49AeliousMrMelGibsonG4NK3Dand 5 others.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Albatroes said:
    "Leveling Improvements

The entire world will be level scaled, though not all zones to 110. Each zone will have a minimum-maximum level caps. Flexible Expansion order is being introduced that applies to dungeons and rewards as well. This will begin with patch 7.3.5."

Well this I dont like and its going to be implemented even without the expansion so I'm on the fence about playing at all now. What? Walk outside Stormwind/Orgrimmar and everything 110? I'm not feeling it. Based on everything we know, it feels like they didn't really learn anything from Legion. Like "If we keep giving them the same thing, they'll learn to like it."
    Leveling Improvements
    • Expanding zone scaling to all zones
    • Zones have level ranges with caps
    • Flexible expansion order
    • Burning Crusade is 60 - 80
    • Northrend scales from 60 - 80
    • Applies to dungeons as well
    • Beginning in 7.3.5!
    BitterClinger[Deleted User]IceAgejimmywolfSlyLoK
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Hey Susie Q , You left out the most important announcement, They are working on and going to release vanilla servers.
    TokkenZeneren[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    Hey Susie Q , You left out the most important announcement, They are working on and going to release vanilla servers.
    Check the home page.
    thunderC said:
    There 2 whole seperate articles on that by Suzie.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    wondering how many raging "I hate Scaling" comments this article will bring lol
    MrMelGibsonKonfess
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    underwhelming expansion.
    borghive49CazrielG4NK3DjimmywolfJeffSpicoliBodeanG
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Am I missing something? Why are people complaining about scaling? Does it really matter if level 1 mobs are level 120? I mean if you are level 120 I'm confident you don't need leather scraps, so... can't see any issue.

Really liking the sub races, but what about the character per realm limit? Will it be increased?
    Also it would be nice if you can't boost sub races, but I kinda feel Blizzard made those with the intention of milking character boosts :P.

Also loving the no more PvP and PvE realms. It was about time. Now you can do your dailies without getting trashed by 50 people and when you feel like ganging up with 49 more people on 1 guy you can also do that(if that guy is foolish enough to have PvP enabled), so everyone wins :D
    SadfistTokkenIceAgeMrMelGibsonG4NK3D
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Seems like WOW, once again, has been paying attention to what's working in other MMOs and what seems cool in upcoming ones then "Blized" them up a bit...

Warfronts

These are large-scale battles on the homefront. Fantasy is anchored in WC3 and RTS roots. A Warfront is a 20-player cooperative raid vs NPC armies. You will build structures, research, gather resources, upgrade, train troops and so on. Lead them into battle to victory. 

Sounds a bit like PVE version of  Crowfall or at least I'm getting that vibe.

And level scaling from ESO of course...

And this...

World PvP ruleset hasn't changed since 2005 but the way we've played has changed. We're updating PvP to reflect the 2018 world. Individual choice to opt into PvP or not. No more PvE or PvP servers. When you venture out, you'll be placed where others who've chosen the same way are. 

...sounds a lot like an original pre-release ESO idea that was never implemented... (from 2012)

Moreover, the game intelligently places you with your friends, guildmates, and other gamers who have similar interests within the world. Naturally, the entire player population cannot coexist within a single world instance, so the megaserver technology creates multiple copies of zones as required, and groups together similar players in order to naturally create an optimized social gaming experience.

Color me interested.

SadfistSovrath[Deleted User]IceAgeG4NK3DBodeanGshalissar
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Not surprised at all about the level scaling as after ESO made the change it completely revitalized the game and was very well received, I was actually expecting them to announce this. On the negative side of things It sounds like it has the potential to kill farming old dungeons (possibly raids?) for gold and achievements.

I'm glad they are trying to revitalize world pvp however I don't know if I like the solution so hopefully more information will be given at the Q&A.
    @Iselin, @Coolit Wasn't GW2 first to introduce level scaling or my memory is playing tricks on me. Pretty sure GW2 was first.
    IceAgeThupliCazriel
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017

Forgrimm said:

Albatroes said:

"Leveling Improvements

Well this I dont like and its going to be implemented even without the expansion so I'm on the fence about playing at all now. What? Walk outside Stormwind/Orgrimmar and everything 110? I'm not feeling it.

Based on everything we know, it feels like they didn't really learn anything from Legion. Like "If we keep giving them the same thing, they'll learn to like it."

Leveling Improvements
    • Expanding zone scaling to all zones
    • Zones have level ranges with caps
    • Flexible expansion order
    • Burning Crusade is 60 - 80
    • Northrend scales from 60 - 80
    • Applies to dungeons as well
    • Beginning in 7.3.5!

The only real good part about the expanded scaling is that you can choose which expansion you want to hit certain levels in since I would've definitely liked to play certain classes in certain expansions at certain levels. Not exactly sure why people are referencing ESO when GW2 was doing it the entire time and it was received with mixed reactions.
    IceAge
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Today i see a mega load of Blizzard spam,it is like the rest of the gaming world never existed,all Blizzard threads.
    This is really boring to see this constantly,Destiny 2 has been beyond boring,i want to see a VARIETY,a QUALITY if variety gaming not just Blizzard threads all over,it looks like my spam folder.
    jimmywolf

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    @Iselin, @Coolit Wasn't GW2 first to introduce level scaling or my memory is playing tricks on me. Pretty sure GW2 was first.
    They did something quite different - they only down-scaled after you leveled past a zone's cap. ESO scales low level players up to the one level that all the zones are. WOW is doing is something that seems similar but less radical than ESO's system.

It sounds to me like they have heard the complaints from some who don't like the ESO system because it appears at first glance to undermine progression (it doesn't but whatever... some think it does) and are scaling different zones to different levels.  
    CoolitSadfist[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    @Iselin, @Coolit Wasn't GW2 first to introduce level scaling or my memory is playing tricks on me. Pretty sure GW2 was first

Nope and by many years ,SOE and EQ2 was the first with the Splitpaw saga expansion,June of 2005,so 12 years ago.

Also proven was maybe the worst ever expansion and scaling was never done again because it is just a terrible idea but at least SOE learned after one mistake.Now fast forward i see other developers making the same mistakes....sigh.

This is why i have so much to say on gaming,i been around ,seen what works and what doesn't,i see nothing but bad game design now a days.Part of my gut feeling says it is not so much devs,system designers are not smart enough,i feel a lot has to do with EASIER game design,they are all looking for the cheapest easiest way to deliver a game.
    XingbairongdeniterZeneren

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sniperman248sniperman248 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited November 2017
    Honestly they did a complete 360 on anduins personality and background of his character by making him out to be a war mongering man. It kinda irks me that they were pushing peace at first with him and completely back tracked on it, and throwing the entire story arc way off. Though it looks impressive, I think WoW is a little late on the zone scaling party 5 years late to be exact, because Gw2 capitalized on it pretty quick and did it right. I love this game, but I do feel that they need to take another look at what they are doing with this game. Because at this point there really is a lack of consistency in story arcs. And as for someone saying zone scaling is a bad, idea its called making old content replayable and giving people a reason to return to that old content. Its not a terrible idea when done right, to keep old maps alive. Anyone who complains about scaling is probably just someone who doesn't like to have a challenge and feels they should never have to be challenged again once they reach a certain point, but thats the reason why most people get bored with mmorpgs because of the lack of challenge once they reach that certain point in the game.
    Xingbairong
    edited November 2017
    Btw were there any mentions of any release dates?
    Couldn't watch it even though I have virtual ticket, but seeing that no one is saying anything it seems they skipped that for now.
    Did see the "beta coming soon" on their site though.
    So will Hogger be unstoppable now?  :p
    SadfistSovrath[Deleted User]Scotty787
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Btw were there any mentions of any release dates?

Couldn't watch it even though I have virtual ticket, but seeing that no one is saying anything it seems they skipped that for now.

Did see the "beta coming soon" on their site though.

It wasn't mentioned however there is a patch going onto the PTS within a few weeks that has all the scaling tech amongst other things.
    edited November 2017
    Island Expeditions
    • Explore uncharted isle across the Great Sea
    • Horde and Alliance skirmishing over resources
    • 3-player cooperative gameplay, role agnostic
    • When you set out to an island, you don't know what you are going to find, even if you have visited that island before.
    • Complete varied and dynamic objectives
    • You might have some peaceful Trolls on your first visit, but find that an ancient curse has wiped out the population, raising undead that have taken over the island.
    • One of the most replayable experiences ever offered in World of Warcraft.
    • These NPCs aren't like any NPCs you have ever seen before. They will behave strategically and with tactics, not scripted like a boss encounter.
    • Race against advanced AI opponents
    • PVP mode also available!
    MadFrenchie
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    can t wait for both this and classic