Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle for Azeroth Cinematic Trailer - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageBattle for Azeroth Cinematic Trailer - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

Tensions between the Alliance and Horde have erupted, and a new age of war has begun. For more info on the game, or to opt in to the beta.

Read the full story here

Erillion

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Well Blizzard sure knows how to make trailers.
    Octagon7711AlbatroesTokkenMrMelGibsongegecouc
  • BausteBauste Member UncommonPosts: 22
    WOW has done it again. That was amazing!
    Octagon7711

Pcgamingvet

• LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited November 2017
    Now if the gameplay was REMOTLY like the Cinematic, then might still be playing.

WoW suffers from SW:ToR bait and switch, where the cinematics were like... "Whoa, that looks amazing", then you play the game and it's like.. "It's just WoW with light sabers. Meh!"
    NordicApacheAlbatroesAlomarTokkenMrMelGibson
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Spectacular.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    nice trailer but nothing I've seen interests me. Subraces aren't a big selling point. It looks like a rehash of everything we've seen before but with nicer models. This looks like another filler expansion (Cata and MoP) although there is room for slightly better lore with azshara and the old gods.

I have to assume the expansion after this one will deal with the Void.

daltanious
  • RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    YEAH!
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    So unlock the subraces and sludge thru the same garbage again, or pay to boost the subrace or race change to it. Nice idea blizzard. Many suckers will fall for this tripe.

Nothing worth resubbing for.
    NordicApacheBruceYee
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    More of the same. Stunning graphics in the trailers, shit graphics in the game. They will make you reset everything you work for each expac over and over again. This is the shit they focus on over Diablo and Starcraft? FML.
    BruceYee
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Gotta say that Sylvanas going all banshee and screaming "FOR THE HORDE" trounced Anduin's mass rez all holy light for the Alliance trash. :D

Also..last I heard, Anduin was a weak, sickly 18-year-old who'd had every bone in his body broken and would have to walk on crutches the rest of his life. Now he's wearing full plate and sword fighting as well as Varian? OOOOOOkkkkkk....
    klash2defConstantineMerusBruceYeeMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    SBFord said:
    Gotta say that Sylvanas going all banshee and screaming "FOR THE HORDE" trounced Anduin's mass rez all holy light for the Alliance trash. :D

Also..last I heard, Anduin was a weak, sickly 18-year-old who'd had every bone in his body broken and would have to walk on crutches the rest of his life. Now he's wearing full plate and sword fighting as well as Varian? OOOOOOkkkkkk....
    I agree with the Sylvanas thing. But then: Huh? What? You haven't seen anything from Anduin since MoP? How'd that happen?
    Nepheth
    I thought Anduin brokered the peace between Alliance and Horde why is he now leading an army against them?
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Pretty bulky armor for a npc classed as a priest
    daltanious
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017

SBFord said:

You forgot that Anduin looks like a young Brad Pitt (or regular Brad Pitt since he doesn't seem to age anyway). But yeah, I wont like seeing Sylvanas like that was pretty hot. Now as others have said, if only the game was remotely like the trailer. But honestly, I felt pretty hyped playing WoD until cap, then the flair died for me. The orc characters really gave me passion to play though, like Blackhand and Kargath (my favorite, so you can imagine my disappointment with him being the first boss of the first raid instead of getting his own raid tier...).
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Very nicely done cinematic. I prefer the art style of ESO and love their trailers, but the WoW trailer was very nice. I stopped playing WoW in 2004 when I leveled a character to level 60. I was horde. I prefer the horde :).

Cryomatrix
    MrMelGibson
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    If WoW looked or played anything like this I'd still be playing, alas it does not. Though, I'll be trying out the Classic servers!
    TokkenBruceYee
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
    Pretty bulky armor for a npc classed as a priest
    Well the Legion animated comic series has him changing to a paladin doesn't it?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i got chills by watching this. It was amazing.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    About time, tired of this playing nice crap
    frostymug
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

It really was very good.

Can someone explain to me why a Night Elf is fighting for the Horde? or is she not a night Elf? Or is there some storied reason that happened.

Also that Paladin guy kind of looked like Brad Pitt.
    Syphin_B
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    it was a nightborne. The night elves you find in the broken isles

This have been a good conversation

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Had a feeling the cupcake buddy system against the Legion wouldn't stick around long with Sylvanas in charge. Couldn't be happier. 

Looks like I'll be splitting time between the Battle for Azeroth and the vanilla server Battle for Tarren Mill. At least until I go back to single player games again. Best news to me would be completely getting rid of BGs and adding player bounties to open world PvP. Spice up the leveling and grind everyone complains about.
    Sovrath said:

It really was very good.

Can someone explain to me why a Night Elf is fighting for the Horde? or is she not a night Elf? Or is there some storied reason that happened.

True Romance Pitt

Or Troy Pitt?

MrMelGibson
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Asheram said:

Sovrath said:

It really was very good.

True Romance Pitt

Or Troy Pitt?

I would say, given those choices, more Troy Pitt.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Please tell me the nightborne can at least wear shoes....
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited November 2017
    didn't see any Panda's in the trailer........ hopefully they moved to another world. lol sorry, can't help it. They never should have added those dam panda's to the game. Ruins the game for me.
    IselinIceAgeMrMelGibson

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!