Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP Taking a Hard Look at Clone States for Future Improvement - EVE Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCCP Taking a Hard Look at Clone States for Future Improvement - EVE Online - MMORPG.com

EVE Online News - The EVE Online blog has been updated with a forward look at Clone States, a recently introduced feature that allows players to try out the game at their own pace for free. Since launch during Ascension, Clone States have been popular and have helped increase day-to-day activity in the game. However, there are some significant ways that the team hopes to improve them even more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Qu Drum roll, cock up 1,643 incoming.

Nothing to do with "New player experience" at all its all the about pandering to the same small noisy element.
    That and the blatant online numbers stacking, would love to see actual numbers relating to actual players, I have 3 accounts and in my Corp I'm the under player, most have 6 or 7.

They need to TRUELY get some new players and stop hoping that existing players will take on another 3 or 4 accounts, but hey its not like anyone has accused CCP of being short sighted, because everything they touch just sprouts wings and takes off with huge success.........(Insert sarcastic retort here).

EDIT...I have 3 paid accounts and a freebie so yes I am being a tad ironic in my rant, but by George a line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Final nail...?
    Ozmodan
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I dont know, giving alpha clones access to battlecrusiers and tech II medium weapons kind of seems like they are giving away the farm.
    [Deleted User]
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Old school wouldn't like this but if they created PvE only zones they'd have a ton of new players. But it is what it is.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]chojin2k

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited November 2017
    kruler said:

Nothing to do with "New player experience" at all its all the about pandering to the same small noisy element.
    That and the blatant online numbers stacking, would love to see actual numbers relating to actual players, I have 3 accounts and in my Corp I'm the under player, most have 6 or 7.

They need to TRUELY get some new players and stop hoping that existing players will take on another 3 or 4 accounts, but hey its not like anyone has accused CCP of being short sighted, because everything they touch just sprouts wings and takes off with huge success.........(Insert sarcastic retort here).

EDIT...I have 3 paid accounts and a freebie so yes I am being a tad ironic in my rant, but by George a line has to be drawn somewhere.
    This similar mentality is why I quit Anarchy Online. Minimal requirements is 2 paid accounts. You cant' (well couldn't at the time I still played) achieve the full experience with 1.

And even then, 2 left you wanting. You could do it, ......barely

What does Funcom do? They go balls to the wall with catering to the players who already held the choke hold on the game's economy. 

It's probably the largest reason I never picked up and tried EVE. I'm not biting into any game where multiple accounts are the name of the game.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]chojin2k
    edited November 2017
    Average EVE accounts per player is about 1.4....

+60% of players have only 1 account...

http://i.imgur.com/MMGqVO2.png
    Post edited by Gdemami on
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]OzmodanKyleran
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I played for about three years and have three accounts.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Torval said:
    So 40% of the players have multiple accounts. :smirk:
    Your mathematical skills are extraordinary...
    [Deleted User]JunglecharlyConstantineMerusMax_Striker
    edited November 2017
    Gdemami said:

http://i.imgur.com/MMGqVO2.png
    Assuming that pictograph is accurate, I am betting the power-base in EVE is the exact inverse to those numbers. The more accounts you control, the more power in game you control.

NEED MOAR ACCOUNTS!!

I'd also like to see how that chart looks if we filter only for current active accounts.......in 2017

I'm sorry but 2 year old data that can't even give a break down if what we are looking at is questionable.

Those percentages mean nothing if that chart includes every account ever made for the game including trials and inactives. 
    Gdemami
    Assuming that pictograph is accurate, I am betting the power-base in EVE is the exact inverse to those numbers. The more accounts you control, the more power in game you control.

NEED MOAR ACCOUNTS!!

One time loser, always loser...
    Pingu2012
    You post nonsense.....I mean that chart is literal, unqualified nonsense, then call people a loser for questioning it?
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited November 2017
    You post nonsense.....I mean that chart is literal, unqualified nonsense, then call people a loser for questioning it?
    Oh come on, I have two accounts and rarely play the 2nd one mainly because it is very difficult to pvp with more than one account.  Even pve can be somewhat taxing at times.  So clearly more accounts does not equal more power.  Unless of course you are botting some of the accounts, which is quite illegal.  Bots are easy to pickout and get banned regularly.

As to increasing the Omega ships, they are still just tech 1 ships.  I might have 4 or 5 of them, the vast majority of my ships are tech II and above.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2017

Torval said:

Gdemami said:

So 40% of the players have multiple accounts. :smirk:

6 here in fact, but I haven't undocked since last Dec.

Alpha clones were definitely too restrictive to consider returning to "dink" around, these changes might convince me to.

If I start having fun again I could easily be persuaded to return on 3 to 4 accounts.

Not a terrible move IMO.
    [Deleted User]Max_Striker

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    That chart is stupid.  It doesn't give any info on the parameters it used.  As pointed out, one huge glaring flaw with it is it doesn't even state whether those are active accounts or not.
    Gdemami
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I think only good thoughts around this, sure some players will abuse the system but really, how many accounts can you use at once?
    Alpha accounts were way to restrictive in a competitive environment like EvE
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Ozmodan said:

Oh come on, I have two accounts and rarely play the 2nd one mainly because it is very difficult to pvp with more than one account.  Even pve can be somewhat taxing at times.  So clearly more accounts does not equal more power.  Unless of course you are botting some of the accounts, which is quite illegal.  Bots are easy to pickout and get banned regularly.

As to increasing the Omega ships, they are still just tech 1 ships.  I might have 4 or 5 of them, the vast majority of my ships are tech II and above.

I've been running 4 highsec bot miner accounts for 6 years now, never once banned.

CCP doesn't care, they get my sub money so thier happy to look the other way.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Did you really expect more from the average EVE Online player? They're the kind of people who make a mess in public restrooms because they think it's funny some poor kid earning minimum wage has to clean it up.
    Kyleranchojin2k

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

kruler said:

That awkward moment you don't realize you are the reason the new players never stay around....With your billions, your never ending high sec griefing because money doesnt matter, and your non stop forum hounding to call everyone carebears and dictate how they must be victims to your pvp desires.

No new players? no shit people get tired of being griefed and butt humped by stupid gameplay mechanics the dev's are scared to fix up because "ITS A PVP GAME". Hey look another pack of a holes abusing alts and the stupid high sec "concord system" as 9 other like minded pee brains load up alt suicide cruisers to high sec gank people and steal their billions, such clever gameplay abuse wait your favorite game shut down from lack of customers now you are the real loser.

Instead nut up go fight people looking to fight back and engage in real pvp. Oh and if its not suicide ganking, its gate camping blah blah blah whatever shortcut you can abuse to avoid actually risking and engaging in real pvp.

This is why eve with all its amazing aspects will never the less eat dirt sooner than later, instead of protecting and encouraging real pvp they allow internet bullies to grief and drive off half the playerbase.
    Gdemami
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Old school wouldn't like this but if they created PvE only zones they'd have a ton of new players. But it is what it is.

Bingo. High sec should be high sec with 100% zero ways to pvp others, you have endless low and null sec for endless PVP, not all players want to pvp, and even worse some simply want some chill gametime without pvp but the retards must suicide gank with their alts.
    Gdemami
    Ozmodan said:

Saving mining ships, T2 ships are crap anyway.

Did you really expect more from the average EVE Online player? They're the kind of people who make a mess in public restrooms because they think it's funny some poor kid earning minimum wage has to clean it up.
    Actually they are the people who buy your company and let everyone go, selling off the hard assets for cash.

Then they laugh while driving by all the poor people standing in the unemployment office line.

Yep, evil geniuses, every one.

B)

[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Actually they are the people who buy your company and let everyone go, selling off the hard assets for cash.

Then they laugh while driving by all the poor people standing in the unemployment office line.

Yep, evil geniuses, every one.

B)

And here's proof

MadFrenchie
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Gdemami said:
    Ozmodan said:

Saving mining ships, T2 ships are crap anyway.
    Well if you constantly like a big challenge I suppose you could take that view.  Personally for most of us, the big advantage you get from Tech II and above ships is nothing to wink at. 
    Ozmodan said:
    Well if you constantly like a big challenge I suppose you could take that view.  Personally for most of us, the big advantage you get from Tech II and above ships is nothing to wink at. 
    Big challenge? Pirate ships made T2 ships obsolote...
    Ozmodan
    Gdemami said: by
    Ozmodan said:
    Big challenge? Pirate ships made T2 ships obsolote...
    Don't run into very many of those in most PVP fights.
    Ozmodan