Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project VALOR Initiative Raising Funds to Save the USS Texas - World of Warships - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageProject VALOR Initiative Raising Funds to Save the USS Texas - World of Warships - MMORPG.com

World of Warships News - The World of Warships team has announced a new Project VALOR (Veterans And Loved Ones Responsibility) fund raising initiative to help save the USS Texas, a veteran battleship of two world wars and currently in danger of sinking after massive damage taken during the recent hurricane. To help raise funds, a number of "Lone Star Texas Bundles" have been created with in-game items reflecting support. Prices range from $5 - $30. 100% of proceeds will go to the Battleship Texas Foundation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Wargaming's continued efforts at historical preservation of military vehicles, planes and other projects is stellar. I am a huge fan and admirer. Kudos, Wargaming!
    [Deleted User]Kootur

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    100% sure. Who belives that belives also in fairy tales. I formyself dont support killing machines of any kind. So, root in hell USS Texas.
    Kootur
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Here's the Texas Parks and Wildlife link about the USS Texas with a couple of links to volunteer sites. https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/battleship-texas

Unfotunately due to it's current condition all tours have been suspended.  It's leaking badly since it's been sitting in salt water for 106 years.  Long term plans are to create a drydock for it.  That's expensive and any chance of saving the Texas will have to be volunteer based.  As property of the State of Texas the government is ultimately responsible for it's care.  But the Texas government is rather frugal.  Even our most revered and popular history site, the Alamo was cared for by a volunteer organisation until recently.
    SBFord
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352

exile01 said:

100% sure. Who belives that belives also in fairy tales. I formyself dont support killing machines of any kind. So, root in hell USS Texas.

Considering that ship is why we're not speaking Japanese I think you should be grateful.
    Xoph
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Saving a single human life instead would be worth more than saving a billion ships/objects/structures/younameit /sigh