Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle.Net App Update - OFFLINE MODE ADDED, Gifting Friends Through App Too - World of Warcraft - MM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBattle.Net App Update - OFFLINE MODE ADDED, Gifting Friends Through App Too - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - While being able to send gifts to friends via Blizzard's online store has always been a thing, it's been impossible via the Battle.Net desktop app. That's all changed now with today's update. Not only is Offline Mode FINALLY available after over a decade, but so is the ability to gift friends all sorts of things right from within the app. This includes World of Warcraft game time, Diablo 3's Rise of the Necromancer DLC, Hearthstone card packs and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited October 2017
    Fine-f'ing-ly, Blizzard. LOL...it only took a "deal" with Bungie to bring Destiny 2 to BattleNet to get Offline Mode added after over a decade. :| At least that's my thinking on the update. All these new features came about after it was announced that D2 would be on BattleNet.
    [Deleted User]Ajvi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    This will undoubtedly trump anything announced at Blizzcon this year.
    SBFordAjviCoolitNyghthowler
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

btdt said:

I LOLed at this unreasonably hard. But I think you're right. :D
    AjviCoolit

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    $$$$$.
    So after all these years,they figure some people are stuck and can't play the game,so we need this?
    Or we need a new angle to make money,we are not really looking to make great games,just lots of angles to make money.

D3 DLC,i hope that is not anymore than 5 bucks,the game is so shallow in what it does,so your looking to make one new class build and we call it a DLC,interesting.Besides that DLC is so old now,i can't see anyone still wanting it at this point.

I would say is in preparation of Blizzard moving harder towards cash shop gaming,same as the patent announcement.
    Blizzard execs are turning into Smedley part 2...3 and 4.

I would assume that gamer's just want to game,we scour the net for games to play,all these gimmicks like apps and cash shops are NOT what a gamer is looking for.
    OK i'm home from a work,running a bit late,let me see what i want to play tonight...oh wait,screw gaming,BLizzard wants to sell me something,take my money before i even get paid this week,oh how cool i can buy stuff for friends too,there is a new concept never seen before ...sigh.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Offline world of Warcraft, lol
    Ajvi
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Our little group, for those inclined. :)

https://blizzard.com/invite/p2mNguoR5
    [Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited October 2017

Wizardry said:

$$$$$.

So after all these years,they figure some people are stuck and can't play the game,so we need this?

Or we need a new angle to make money,we are not really looking to make great games,just lots of angles to make money.

D3 DLC,i hope that is not anymore than 5 bucks,the game is so shallow in what it does,so your looking to make one new class build and we call it a DLC,interesting.Besides that DLC is so old now,i can't see anyone still wanting it at this point.

I would say is in preparation of Blizzard moving harder towards cash shop gaming,same as the patent announcement.

Blizzard execs are turning into Smedley part 2...3 and 4.

I would assume that gamer's just want to game,we scour the net for games to play,all these gimmicks like apps and cash shops are NOT what a gamer is looking for.

OK i'm home from a work,running a bit late,let me see what i want to play tonight...oh wait,screw gaming,BLizzard wants to sell me something,take my money before i even get paid this week,oh how cool i can buy stuff for friends too,there is a new concept never seen before ...sigh.

It's more social features. Remove your tinfoil hat for just a second please
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Honestly I really don't see why the offline mode has been such a requested feature for the past 10 years...

Also I love how they add offline mode and social groups/chats at the same time.
    Ajvi
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    So...Diablo 3 offline next?
    Ajvi
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    My WoW guild is happy with Discord so doesn't need any of the new launcher functionality including offline mode. It's a nice feature to have but I doubt I'll have much use for it.
    BruceYee
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

btdt said:

I had to give you an Insightful because... just yeah. ;)
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I wondered what was going on here... offline mode? All Blizzard games need to be online to play, except Starcraft 2.

Then I realised.. oh.. you mean appear invisible. Duh..
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.