Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ship - Introductory Price of $850

Comments

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:

The logical conclusion would be that they continue to sell ships post launch in their cash shop. Ships will be attainable for in game cash sure but they will probably make it so restrictive so to drive you towards the cash shop.
    except they have also said they will not be selling anything beyond starter ships, there will be 'gold' for sale though which has daily caps on amount you can obtain. 
    Right.....cause CIG always keep their word. They've never gone back on promises before right?
    They may change their mind, they have not yet, so why make entire arguments based on assumptions that have no bearing on the current reality
    DizismaKefo
    You could certainly assert it won't intentionally be so based upon Chris and Co.'s statements, but it's a tough balancing act between ensuring the ships bought now don't enable those players to dictate the game world and making those same ships seem worth the price you're charging for them now.  Hell hath no fury like a backer scorned.
    I don't see the point in making predictions based on anything except the information we know so far. I am not exactly sure what it is people think can be dominated by paying for things. The economy is AI flooded with dev oversight, PvP will be optional and have a matchmaking system so PvP encounters are not hugely one sided. As I have stated before, after a while you won't know who has done what anyway.

A large ship will always be useful for a large guild, there does not have to be any PvP involved for that to be correct. So what are people going to be mad about exactly?
    Dizisma
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Orinori said:
    You could certainly assert it won't intentionally be so based upon Chris and Co.'s statements, but it's a tough balancing act between ensuring the ships bought now don't enable those players to dictate the game world and making those same ships seem worth the price you're charging for them now.  Hell hath no fury like a backer scorned.
    I don't see the point in making predictions based on anything except the information we know so far. I am not exactly sure what it is people think can be dominated by paying for things. The economy is AI flooded with dev oversight, PvP will be optional and have a matchmaking system so PvP encounters are not hugely one sided. As I have stated before, after a while you won't know who has done what anyway.

A large ship will always be useful for a large guild, there does not have to be any PvP involved for that to be correct. So what are people going to be mad about exactly?
    And yet, all of this has been hashed over in other games in development, too.  You're attempting to submit "yea, it's too early to tell, so my interpretation must be right." That's not sound logic.

If you want to assert it's too early to tell, then stop trying to assert why it won't be in the next breath.  The information we know so far is simply the developer's intent.  I made note of that.  Unfortunately, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  And beyond that, most devs have nothing but good intent in designing gameplay systems that are fair.  Doesn't always go as planned, so unless you wanna continue arguing something you have no real gameplay evidence to support it with, how about you lose the last part of your post and simply say "it's too early to tell"?
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson

Orinori said:

And yet, all of this has been hashed over in other games in development, too.  You're attempting to submit "yea, it's too early to tell, so my interpretation must be right." That's not sound logic.

If you want to assert it's too early to tell, then stop trying to assert why it won't be in the next breath.  The information we know so far is simply the developer's intent.  I made note of that.  Unfortunately, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  And beyond that, most devs have nothing but good intent in designing gameplay systems that are fair.  Doesn't always go as planned, so unless you wanna continue arguing something you have no real gameplay evidence to support it with, how about you lose the last part of your post and simply say "it's too early to tell"?
    It is utterly pointless asserting assumptions on possibilities. My post is based on known information as opposed to wild guesses and wishful thinking not 'it's to early to tell'. If you want to make an argument that reads like 'despite CIG's best intentions, Star citizen may end up as a trojan horse and spark off world war 3', be my guest, I won't be joining any of you.
    ShodanasDizismaOdeezee
    edited October 2017
    Orinori said:
    Orinori said:

It is utterly pointless asserting assumptions on possibilities. My post is based on known information as opposed to wild guesses and wishful thinking not 'it's to early to tell'. If you want to make an argument that reads like 'despite CIG's best intentions, Star citizen may end up as a trojan horse and spark off world war 3', be my guest, I won't be joining any of you.
    It's utterly pointless to go off of words before we see any gameplay evidence.  My original post asserted that neither side had any real convincing evidence to say what this game will eventually be like.

And LOL at the World War III/Trojan Horse comment. Reductio ad absurdum, or reduction to absurdity, is a pretty piss poor argument.
    DizismaMrMelGibson

edited October 2017
    It's utterly pointless to go off of words before we see any gameplay evidence.  
    Complete nonsense. We base discussion on known information what ever that maybe. other wise we might as well be in here taking about cheese. If Chris says he is making a space game, I will talk about playing a space game. If you want to assert it is to early to know if Chris is making a space game and could in fact be making a model train until we see gameplay evidence, like I said, be my guest, I will talk about the game from the evidence of known information and not wasting my time making wild guesses on other possibilities.

"And LOL at the World War III/Trojan Horse comment. Reductio ad absurdum, or reduction to absurdity, is a pretty piss poor argument."

it wasn't mine, it was yours!

p.s. off to a party, cya later :)
    Dizisma
    Orinori said:
    It's utterly pointless to go off of words before we see any gameplay evidence.  
    Complete nonsense. We base discussion on known information what ever that maybe. other wise we might as well be in here taking about cheese. If Chris says he is making a space game, I will talk about playing a space game. If you want to assert it is to early to know if Chris is making a space game and could in fact be making a model train until we see gameplay evidence, like I said, be my guest, I will talk about the game from the evidence of known information and not wasting my time making wild guesses on other possibilities.

"And LOL at the World War III/Trojan Horse comment. Reductio ad absurdum, or reduction to absurdity, is a pretty piss poor argument."

it wasn't mine, it was yours!

p.s. off to a party, cya later :)
    What?  We have gameplay evidence he isn't making a model train, but a space game, instead.

We don't have gameplay evidence to support the efficacy of purchased ships within the game, nor do we have gameplay evidence of what kind of grind time it would take a player to build that ship without the purchase.  You illustrated my point in an attempt to assert my point was nonsense.

You brought up the Trojan Horse/World War III result out of nowhere.  Was that simply a tongue in cheek response to my "hath no fury" comment?  If so, then lol still, but not in a sarcastic way as was my initial reaction.  Either way, it's far too early to comment either way on what effect these purchased ships will have on the eventual gameplay.
    Dizisma

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:

But the only ones that can have access to it are the ones that can pay.

Incorrect.

EVERYONE has access to it in game after launch. And all you have to pay for it is a basic pledge package, which was available for as low as 20 bucks.

Have fun

Everyone has access to it if you're in the same corp/guild. For those who can't or don't want to pay real cash for this then they can slave away on the ship or they can probably spend months grinding in game to try and afford one.
    so instead of pay 2 win, this is pre-pay 2 win? got it.
    Slapshot1188kikoodutroa8
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:

The logical conclusion would be that they continue to sell ships post launch in their cash shop. Ships will be attainable for in game cash sure but they will probably make it so restrictive so to drive you towards the cash shop.
    except they have also said they will not be selling anything beyond starter ships, there will be 'gold' for sale though which has daily caps on amount you can obtain. 
    Right.....cause CIG always keep their word. They've never gone back on promises before right?
    They may change their mind, they have not yet, so why make entire arguments based on assumptions that have no bearing on the current reality
    Kinda like how many here keep saying this will be the best damn space game ever right? Or how they are sure ships won't be sold for real cash come launch right?

If you don't want me to make entire arguments based on assumptions then you are going to have to convince the fans to do the same for almost every aspect of this game.
    edited October 2017
    MadFrenchie said:

Either way, it's far too early to comment either way on what effect these purchased ships will have on the eventual gameplay.
    no it is not, we can make assumption based on intention, not on what ever takes my fancy. drunk nerd out.

edit: if you want to take a 'won't believe it till i see it' stance with all things SC that is fine, but don't presume to tell others that they must not only take the same stance but should not even discuss known information as fact until further information is available to alter that discussion. 
    Post edited by Orinori on
    Dizisma
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:

Kinda like how many here keep saying this will be the best damn space game ever right? Or how they are sure ships won't be sold for real cash come launch right?

If you don't want me to make entire arguments based on assumptions then you are going to have to convince the fans to do the same for almost every aspect of this game.
    you can make any assumptions you want baby, does not mean anyone has to take you seriously.
    Hiccup, i actually did hiccup. just in case you were worried.
    Dizisma
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LMAO always love watching the usual suspects come out and defend this crap.

Like I said why make a game when you can sell stuff and never have to produce anything?
    kikoodutroa8
    rodarin said:

Like I said why make a game when you can sell stuff and never have to produce anything?
    defend what crap? the right to be able to spend 850 dollars on what ever takes your fancy? yeah i will defend the basic foundations of democracy and a free market. noobs can buy what ever they want, not up to me.
    Dizisma
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2017
    "get yours while its cheap"...

lol CIG have no shame.

I can see people committing suicide after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a game that is not even out, if CR fails and runs away with the money.

I can see people committing suicide after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a game that is not even out, if CR fails and runs away with the money.

yeah.....................................................................no. bet you 20.
    Dizisma
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Orinori said:
    rodarin said:

defend what crap? the right to be able to spend 850 dollars on what ever takes your fancy? yeah i will defend the basic foundations of democracy and a free market. noobs can buy what ever they want, not up to me.
    the next time these guys sell something that you can pick up and put in your hand will be the first time.

theyre selling stuff they dont even have jpegs for now, its hilarious but youre right this game is being funded by people with more money than brains and its why these guys have been able to make a living off them for the past 5 or 6 years.
    rodarin said:
    Orinori said:
    rodarin said:

the next time these guys sell something that you can pick up and put in your hand will be the first time.

theyre selling stuff they dont even have jpegs for now, its hilarious but youre right this game is being funded by people with more money than brains and its why these guys have been able to make a living off them for the past 5 or 6 years.
    no that is just not correct, the majority of backers are people in the $20 to $60 dollar range, although i will admit i think there are a lot of new generation types who think that spending 600 dollars they cant afford on pixels is something to be proud of. lol.
    Dizisma
  • tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    rodarin said:
    Orinori said:
    rodarin said:

I'm happy they fund the game. Better them than me :)
    Orinori

• TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    There is NO defense for spending nearly a grand on a ship in a video game that's not out yet. I don't care about crowd-funding, cost of development or anything. If you have THAT kind of money to spare, INVEST IT in the god**** company and get a RETURN for your hard earned cash. Jesus christ.
    OrinoriMightyUncleanOdeezee

RAWR

tinuelle said:
    rodarin said:
    Orinori said:
    rodarin said:

I'm happy they fund the game. Better them than me :)
    tinuelle - keepin it real.
    Dizisma
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    oh and for the last thing in the night, I use the LOL button when i read something funny, not when i want to try and belittle someone, It would be awesome if you could all try the same, it would just make this a better place. goodnight all!
    MightyUncleanMrMelGibsonDizisma
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:

you can make any assumptions you want baby, does not mean anyone has to take you seriously.
    Hiccup, i actually did hiccup. just in case you were worried.
    So you don't want me to make assumptions but now I can make assumptions? 
    kikoodutroa8
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Suckers lol. Keep buying fake ships for a game that will never release.
    kikoodutroa8
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Sounds like a good way to launder some money.  ;)
    kikoodutroa8