Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long overdue changes to dungeon entry through the LFG tool coming next Monday

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
edited October 2017 in Elder Scrolls Online
For quite a while the dungeon running experience for new or casual players in ESO has been pretty messed up.

As originally designed the random dungeons that you could get by queuing through the LFG tool were unlocked progressively as you leveled with those dungeons that required more situational awareness and all-around better play, unlocking later on.

That was well enough done until they started selling DLC and came up with a policy that "entitled" all DLC owners to unlock the dungeons that came with the DLC right off the bat at level 10. The problem is that those are the toughest dungeons in the game and that created a pretty messed up experience for new low level players who were often overwhelmed if they got put in one of those and for the experienced players who were in there with them as well.

I always thought it was a pretty boneheaded decision that set new players up to fail and gave them an often demoralizing group dungeon first experience.

The problem was compounded about a year ago when they decided to make the former veteran dungeons available in both a normal and veteran mode as well as giving a veteran mode to the former normal-only ones. This is why you have for example, Banished Cells I and II, Fungal Grotto I and II, etc. The "II" versions are the former vet versions which are all much harder than the I versions. At that time they also decided that if the I version unlocked at level 10 or level 17, the II version would unlock at the same level. That was bonehead decision #2 and had a similar effect to unlocking all the DLC dungeons at level 10.

There have been literally thousands of threads in the ESO forums about the problems created by that system which were always ignored by the developers. Well the ignorance is over and starting with next Monday's patch there will be a new system that I'm pasting below. If you have had bad experiences with dungeon queuing previously, this will be a good time to have a new go at them since the unlocks are now much more rational.

• Adjusted the minimum level for the following Normal Difficulty dungeons to Level 45 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    • Banished Cells 2
    • Bloodroot Forge
    • City of Ash 2
    • Cradle of Shadows
    • Crypt of Hearts 2
    • Darkshade Caverns 2
    • Elden Hollow 2
    • Falkreath Hold
    • Fungal Grotto 2
    • Imperial City Prison
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
    • Spindleclutch 2
    • Wayrest Sewers 2
    • White-Gold Tower
  • Adjusted the minimum level for the following Veteran Difficulty dungeons to CP160 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    • Veteran Bloodroot Forge
    • Veteran City of Ash 2
    • Veteran Cradle of Shadows
    • Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2
    • Veteran Falkreath Hold
    • Veteran Imperial City Prison
    • Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
    • Veteran White-Gold Tower
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

MadFrenchieYashaX

Comments

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    will it fix the toxic player base that cusses you for just being new and not auto-knowing the fights?
    Kyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    kchisarik said:
    will it fix the toxic player base that cusses you for just being new and not auto-knowing the fights?
    It should help with quite a bit of that... except that asshats will always find something to be toxic about :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED