Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ship - Introductory Price of $850

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    That's what I do, our guild has a decent fleet that includes capitals to play with, once released, this stuff will need to get proper crews and the fleet properly organized.

And so I would be able to play on and with ships that I haven't bought and would play through higher tiers of gameplay without having to grind for ships to be able to. ;)

The guilds themselves are going to earn it, and it's going to continuing to fuel this. Giving you a way to play in higher tier content that many MMO's do not give you, forcing you to grind for X tier of gear/level before you can reach certain content/loot; I think org recruitment will be the best bet and path for new players.

But anyway as this is not about bringing any arguments to the discussion yet just rant about things, my bad.
    rpmcmurphyDizisma
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    If you can't afford it, get someone else to pay it for you.
    That's why ships costing thousands of dollars isn't a problem.

CIG 2017
    MaxBaconDizismaErillionKefokikoodutroa8someforumguyFrankVLucas

..Cake..

• DizismaDizisma Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Said they had enough money at 60+ million.
    Carried on raiding wallets and said they have enough money at 150+ million
    Took loans, but dont worry, money not an issue.
    Still having ship "sales" trying to raise more money, but hey, money not an issue.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    SEANMCAD said:
    Residev said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Residev said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Residev said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I have a picture of a bridge to sell you...
    again,

1. its not a purchase its a donation.
    ... "PS - promise this will be your some day, xoxo, Roberts."
    to be fair, it could very well turn out to be better than anything Electronic Arts has ever done.
    how about that idea?
    Why step from one extreme to the other?....

because its been working that is why.

I dont know if SC has been working or not but I am telling you the non-publisher approach as been gangbusters crazy mega successful. It has literally made my gaming experience in this era the best ever in my 37 years of gaming. So as such, until there is massive failure I say lets give new ideas (instead of old bad ones) a chance.

more over, you do believe in market principles when it comes to entertainment products? if its not going to work people will not buy them. that is economics 101

meanwhile I am playing Empyrion - Galactic Survival  thank you very much

I agree. Non-publisher approach sounds awesome. It IS awesome. Until someone comes and ruins it for everybody.....
    I had to stop right there. SC is one fucking game, if they tank it not going to have much of an effect on the successes or future success of what is happening in the industry today.

pleeeaaaassse.

we cant go around micro-managing every developer in the industry in some anti-capitalist approach because we are afraid that one fucking game could ruin all of them because of the cost of a digital item
    If SC shuts down before meeting their promises, it will have a catastrophic impact on the high budget crowd funded video game market.
    DizismaErillionOdeezee
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I can't get rid of this tune in my head, " TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN "
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    sgel said:
    If you can't afford it, get someone else to pay it for you.

Incidently @sgel is absolutely correct here.

There are HUNDREDS of player organisations with big fleets that will gladly loan you one of the guild ships after launch day. And some of those guild ships are quite large. Join them if you like.

And they operate out of guild HQ capital ships.

It is ... as some seem to forget ... a multiplayer game.

You do not have to grind if you do not want to. There a plenty of commanders that look for crews, gunners, shield operators,  combat air patrol fighter pilots, transport pilots, freighter pilots, scouts, space marines, spec ops ... you name it.

Have fun
    rpmcmurphyDizismasomeforumguyOdeezee
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    MaxBacon said:
    And again, crying about being attacked after you initiate things.

The passive agressiveness started with your comment of "Missing the point as always....", if that's not a personal dig then what is?
    If you can't conduct yourself in a civil manner don't act all hurt when others respond in kind.

I didn't throw a single personal insult towards you, you did several towards me. I'm whoring myself? I don't have morals? Totally justified insults! Over me saying you were missing the point on that discussion... (as always = countless times this argument was brought up and was explained in previous discussions). Better stop this discussion, never ends well as we both know.

He/she is right though. You cannot imply that someone is lacking in intelligence by claiming they always get things wrong and then claim it is not an insult. That is a textbook example of a passive aggressive attack.

MaxBaconDizismasomeforumguyOdeezee
    Cotic said:
    He/she is right though. You cannot imply that someone is lacking in intelligence by claiming they always get things wrong and then claim it is not an insult. That is a textbook example of a passive aggressive attack.
    Why are you getting involved?! No, it's not about that, we have had a dejavu of this exact discussion countless times before, and the same argument and counters have to face the same explanation because the point is dodged, hence why "as always".

Nothing to do with passive aggression, his response, however, went on multiple personal insults. Even if he understood what I said as you say, it doesn't justify his response.
    Dizisma
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:
    Why are you getting involved?! No, it's not about that, we have had a dejavu of this exact discussion countless times before, and the same argument and counters have to face the same explanation because the point is dodged, hence why "as always".

Nothing to do with passive aggression, his response, however, went on multiple personal insults. Even if he understood what I said as you say, it doesn't justify his response.
    Uhm because it is a public forum board and I am entitled to offer my opinion or correct any misunderstood terms... I'm sorry I thought signing up was all the permission I needed before I could post here....

To be fair, it is about the current misunderstanding of what constitutes passive aggressness, any past conduct is irrelevant. An insult on one's intelligence by cloaked means is passive aggressiveness and one cannot act surprised if the response is different than what you consider fair. Insults don't work that way, they escalate.

DizismaMaxBaconsomeforumguy
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Herase said:
    If you can explain how buying a fleet if ships with LTI is not an advantage... they will have these ships on day one while everyone else will have the starter..
    To me there is no doubt it's buying advantages... the only question is how big of an advantage (how long would it take to grind a fleet of ships and buy insurance).

But if you want to wait for release to call them out that's your prerogative.  In my experience it's too late at that point. 
    From what I see looking at ships on the page, the ships only become as strong as the components you put in, which you will only be able to buy in-game, if my memory serves me well. 

Think warframe, you only  become stronger if you mod/fuse, increase mod capacity and alter the polarity of slots, the frame it'self isn't powerful.

I can understand the line of thinking because it's something many companies do and seem like the logical answer considering the costs, but it has to be taken into consideration that these ships aren't normal ships, they're more interactive and customizable than what you would get in most space games.

I don't think it's as black and white with big being better and small being crap because some big ships only role is to transport people. 

So the edge case that some large ships are just for transport somehow negates the huge edge of starting with a ship that will take others a year of play to purchase?

That seems like faulty logic.

Even saying that a purchased ship still has to be furnished in game is not valid because other folks would have to work a year for the ship and then still have to work more to furnish it.

Listen... I have 3 accounts and love Wing Commander as one of my all time greatest gaming experiences... Folks want to pledge $10,000... go for it.  But trying to argue that there isn't a huge advantage is just silly.

Thats why all I want is SQ42... watching the scene with Gary Oldman gave me a woody. There I don't care if someone else buys themselves a 6 months advantage.

I didn't say that at all, my point was just because people have bought a bigger ships, doesn't mean they are going to dominate day one, they need to equip it for it to be of any use. My example was used to say, more money spent doesn't mean your going to dominate. If this is a proven fact, then by all means share it.

Imho It's not silly at all, because we're assuming this is the case based on other games. We're are assuming that because someones dropped lot of money on a ship they're going to be ahead, in terms of obtaining the ships yes, in term of strength, no. it is valid if it counters the argument that people are going to be dominating day one for several months and the last part depends if it actually take a year, is this based on a fact or? Because if it turns out it doesn't take that long to obtain the ships, then there isn't much of a problem.

Would I be wrong in saying the cost of the ships could be linked to the time it takes to make them? Because again, these aren't normal ships, they're not just a shell with buttons painted on, a lot of it can be interacted with and simultaneously used by several people, with interchangeable parts and their own animations, also this gets more complex the bigger the ship gets.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    And another thread is nearing its end ...

until it begins again

and again

and again

Have fun
    Blame the game not the players :)
    MaxBacon
    Erillion said:
    And another thread is nearing its end ...

until it begins again

and again

and again

Have fun
    Seems to me this cycle will repeat while ever CIG/apologists keep saying money is not an issue, then another ship "sale" appears because they need to raise more money.

CR has said they have enough money that if funding stopped, they would still be able to complete SQ42, and complete SC from the box sales of SQ42.

So they have enough money, but they keep asking for more, but it is not an issue, right?
    Cotic said:
    Uhm because it is a public forum board and I am entitled to offer my opinion or correct any misunderstood terms... I'm sorry I thought signing up was all the permission I needed before I could post here....

To be fair, it is about the current misunderstanding of what constitutes passive aggressness, any past conduct is irrelevant. An insult on one's intelligence by cloaked means is passive aggressiveness and one cannot act surprised if the response is different than what you consider fair. Insults don't work that way, they escalate.

First, you are posting off-topic in something that was more within me and him, not that you have to jump on anyone's defense with your takes on it.

Second, if he misunderstood it is one thing, but I was as I said making a reference to previous discussions (the usual circular discussion), not meant as you understood it, his response took that to several personal remarks that are aren't light-toned either, that I found pretty hurtful. I get the type of personal remarks you mention frequently but I rarely responded them with personal insults.
    Dizisma
    edited October 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

First, you are posting off-topic in something that was more within me and him, not that you have to jump on anyone's defense with your takes on it.

Second, if he misunderstood it is one thing, but I was as I said making a reference to previous discussions (the usual circular discussion), not meant as you understood it, his response took that to several personal remarks that are aren't light-toned either, that I found pretty hurtful. I get the type of personal remarks you mention frequently but I rarely responded them with personal insults.

I fail to see how that matters, it is a forum board where people post their opinions. If I want to interject a comment then I am allowed to unless the forum rules state otherwise.

Then it is as he/she said, you are upset that someone attacked you after you attacked them, that's quite the irony. You instigated the issue by insulting their intelligence and now you are upset with the response you received, what exactly did you think was going to happen?
    If you approached a family in the street and insulted their child would you act hurt and surprised when the father smacks you on the chin?
    There's an old phrase that comes to mind, don't dish it out if you can't take it in return.

MaxBaconDizisma
    edited October 2017
    Cotic said:
    Then it is as he/she said, you are upset that someone attacked you after you attacked them, that's quite the irony. You instigated the issue by insulting their intelligence and now you are upset with the response you received, what exactly did you think was going to happen?
    If you approached a family in the street and insulted their child would you act hurt and surprised when the father smacks you on the chin?
    There's an old phrase that comes to mind, don't dish it out if you can't take it in return.

I didn't attack; if they perceived it as one attack as I explained it doesn't become my problem and suddenly justifies a rant of several personal insults. Again, I did not insult him. And even if he took it as one insult and insulted me back, he could have apologized after I explained what I meant, but none of that matters to you I see. I'd really appreciate you to drop this and move on.
    CoticDizismasomeforumguy
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

I didn't attack; if they perceived it as one attack as I explained it doesn't become my problem and suddenly justifies a rant of several personal insults. Again, I did not insult him. And even if he took it as one insult and insulted me back, he could have apologized after I explained what I meant, but none of that matters to you I see, just wanting to justify the level of his insults and vilify me. I'd really appreciate if you can drop this and move on.
    You do not get to decide if you attacked/insulted someone.

You made a statement aimed at another poster, that poster felt that you attacked them, and insulted them, therefore, you did.

No amount of backtracking, or explaining by you will change that.
    MaxBacon
  • KresharthKresharth Member UncommonPosts: 7
    That's always the way with the passive-aggressive. Make snide comments then claim they didn't mean anything by them.

CoticKefokikoodutroa8MaxBaconFrankVLucas
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Know what tier that long range cobra comes in?

70 pounds sterling. Kinda a long cry away from 850 dollars eh but nice attempt to cherry pick
    As i said .. getting the Long Range Cobra Mk III at 5000 pounds sterling is completely optional. But someone did. 

As is getting the Pioneer at 850 $ .. also completely optional. You could have paid 20 $ back in the day and pick up the  Pioneer in game after launch day for in game money only.

Have fun
    How far after launch day?  Just a day?  A week? A year?
    The advantage isn't the ship itself, it's the time gap between someone buying the ship and someone earning it in game.   The people who start out with a fleet of ships will be dominating the Plebs at start. They will dominate combat or trade or exploration...
     The only question is how long.
    CoticDizismasgelKefoRedempMrMelGibson

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Dizisma said:

You made a statement aimed at another poster, that poster felt that you attacked them, and insulted them, therefore, you did.

He seems to have felt insulted and insulted me back, as it was misunderstood and I explained what I meant. That simple.

I know me, and knowing me I know what I meant when I said that.
    DizismarpmcmurphyMrMelGibson
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

I didn't attack; if they perceived it as one attack as I explained it doesn't become my problem and suddenly justifies a rant of several personal insults. Again, I did not insult him. And even if he took it as one insult and insulted me back, he could have apologized after I explained what I meant, but none of that matters to you I see, just wanting to justify the level of his insults and vilify me. I'd really appreciate if you can drop this and move on.

Wow, okay. So calling a person's intelligence into question is not an attack, I will have remember that one when someone calls me a dumb motherf***er or an illiterate bastard in the future. I do not understand why you want to dig this hole even deeper?

So he should apologize for attacking you after you attacked him but you don't need to apologize for instigating it because you have explained yet his/her response is not justified despite being provoked. Amazing, this is some weird twilight zone shit I am reading right now...

MaxBacon said:

I'd really appreciate you to drop this and move on.

That would be the smart move.

MaxBaconKefo
    edited October 2017
    Cotic said:
    Wow, okay. So calling a person's intelligence into question is not an attack, I will have remember that one when someone calls me a dumb motherf***er or an illiterate bastard in the future. I do not understand why you want to dig this hole even deeper?

So he should apologize for attacking you after you attacked him but you don't need to apologize for instigating it because you have explained yet his/her response is not justified despite being provoked. Amazing, this is some weird twilight zone shit I am reading right now...
    I wasn't calling what you say I was. You and he so it shows perceived it as such. That's why I explained that I meant by that specific wording and that's it.

I don't have to apologize for insulting him because I didn't, just for having it led to being understood as one by my flaw in phrasing it as I did; for some reason I edit my posts multiple times to fix phrasing if you didn't notice.
    Dizisma
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited October 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Dizisma said:

He seems to have felt insulted and insulted me back, as it was misunderstood and I explained what I meant. That simple.

I know me, and knowing me I know what I meant when I said that.

So what are you saying now? That I'm too dumb to know what you meant. Don't hold back Maxie boy, tell us how you really feel....

MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

I wasn't calling what you say I was. You and he so it shows perceived it as such. That's why I explained that I meant by that specific wording and that's it.

I don't have to apologize for insulting him because I didn't, just for having it led to being understood as one by my flaw in phrasing it as I did; for some reason I edit my posts multiple times to fix wording if you didn't notice.

As someone else said, you don't get to determine what is or isn't an attack. Saying that some is incorrect as always (which is a lie) is an insult of their intelligence. No amount of weaseling will change that, no amount of "Oh I didn't mean it like thaaaat" is going to change it, no amount of editing posts afterwards is going to change it, in fact it makes it look like you are trying to cover up your mistakes, not clarify them.

The best thing you can do is drop it.
    DizismaOdeezee
    edited October 2017
    So what are you saying now? That I'm too dumb to know what you meant. Don't hold back Maxie boy, tell us how you really feel....
    This speaks for itself...

As someone else said, you don't get to determine what is or isn't an attack. Saying that some is incorrect as always (which is a lie) is an insult of their intelligence. No amount of weaseling will change that, ot amount of "Oh I didn't mean it like thaaaat" is going to change it, no amount of editing posts afterwards is going to change it, in fact it makes it look like you are trying to cover up your mistakes, not clarify them.

If you took at one insult, it was my fault on flawed phrasing and not on my intent, now that said, do you stand by the personal insults towards me you wrote in your reply? 
    Dizismasomeforumguy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    Now tell me this isn't passive aggressiveness...  gg

No that's not passive aggressiveness, that is incredulity mixed with sarcasm.
    Perhaps it's an English language thing, the nuances of it can be quite awkward.

MaxBacon said:
    As someone else said, you don't get to determine what is or isn't an attack. Saying that some is incorrect as always (which is a lie) is an insult of their intelligence. No amount of weaseling will change that, ot amount of "Oh I didn't mean it like thaaaat" is going to change it, no amount of editing posts afterwards is going to change it, in fact it makes it look like you are trying to cover up your mistakes, not clarify them.

If you took at one insult, it was my fault on flawed phrasing and not on my intent, now that said, do you stand by the personal insults towards me you wrote in your reply? 

Forget about it.