Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gord Downie Memorialized in LOTRO - Lord of the Rings Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGord Downie Memorialized in LOTRO - Lord of the Rings Online - MMORPG.com

Lord of the Rings Online News - One of Canada's most celebrated personalities died earlier this week. Gord Downie was a member of The Tragically Hip and passed away from brain cancer on October 17th. In a poignant new blog post, Lead World Builder Chris Pierson has written about Downie's influence on his work on the game and more. To celebrate Downie's life, he has been memorialized in Lord of the Rings Online, playing the part of Garthebir, the Fortress Keeper, a balding, hat-wearing minstrel.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its always sad to hear about a passing. We've lost a lot great people this year. I just started getting into this game myself and like the attention to detail showed in the world, so they earn a lot of respect from me at least in how they have crafted this gaming world. It sounds like it shouldn't be necessary to be said, but given how things have been going about money this year in general gaming I'm very glad that they aren't trying to turn a profit off of the passing of someone.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Gord Downie was a Friend, and a Hero to many Canadians. He used his fame to support countless charities, and stand up for Native rights. I've been to many of the Tragically Hip concerts over the years, and have enjoyed his music and poetry. 

This is a very classy thing to do. To honour him in LORTO.