Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - This Update Sucks! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - This Update Sucks! - MMORPG.com

Joe (Ralph) is possibly the best PUBG player in the Tawdry Ballz eSportz League. And it makes sense: he’s the only one in our band of brothers with actual Marine training. However, one thing has plagued him in PUBG: The solo chicken dinner.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• peewee78368peewee78368 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    What was the point of bring Fortnite up for??? To me Fortnite runs circles around PUBG and you willsee that as it been growing not stop every month
    Forgrimmwinghaven1forcelimaSamhaelNickhead420
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Fortnite>pubg
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Sheesh, the kiddies must be really afraid of Fortnite to need to constantly bring it up.
    SBFord

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited October 2017
    What was the point of bring Fortnite up for??? To me Fortnite runs circles around PUBG and you willsee that as it been growing not stop every month
    Fornite:
    The game that came out as 'Early Access' where you paid a premium above average price for a game that is designed to be Free to Play AND within the game 'Loot Boxes' was nearly a requirement to get anywhere meaningful in the game.

I find it ironic how I see so many complaints about 'early access' taking advantage of consumers and complaints about loot boxes but its ok if Fornite does it I suppose
    Phixion13anemo

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Yeah they kinda ruined the story with that stab at Fortnite .

(In all seriousness, PUBG has nothing to worry about wit Fortnite’s Battleground mode. It’s a shell of an imitation and is objectively inferior to PUBG in practically every respect at this point. But hey, it’s free!)

Was this part necessary? fine if you're not a fan, but just gives the impression of "That game so shit, this one i'm playing is much better. Such a crap game haha"

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Herase said:

(In all seriousness, PUBG has nothing to worry about wit Fortnite’s Battleground mode. It’s a shell of an imitation and is objectively inferior to PUBG in practically every respect at this point. But hey, it’s free!)

Was this part necessary? fine if you're not a fan, but just gives the impression of "That game so shit, this one i'm playing is much better. Such a crap game haha"

Literally devalues anything he wrote when his post ends with this... Probably paid to say it otherwise I can't wrap my head around why anyone would say this.

Also I don't play either of the games, but Fortnite seems a lot more fun, soooooo yeah. But that's my subjective opinion.

Herase said:

Literally devalues anything he wrote when his post ends with this... Probably paid to say it otherwise I can't wrap my head around why anyone would say this.

Also I don't play either of the games, but Fortnite seems a lot more fun, soooooo yeah. But that's my subjective opinion.
    no it really does not devalue his post. Its a fair view, completely possible and should not be removed from conversations about the industry. A little over defensive dont you think?

• PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122

SEANMCAD said:

Herase said:

no it really does not devalue his post. Its a fair view, completely possible and should not be removed from conversations about the industry. A little over defensive dont you think?

There's a certain lack of awareness going on here that's pretty beautiful.
    RexKushman
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Torval said:
    PUBG sucks! Fortnite RULZ! No wait, PUBG rulez FN sucks! Hahaha, I love it.

Watch out PUBG and Fortnite, Darwin Project's Hunger Games styled Battle Royale is on the way. It may make both of your games suck.
    That game actually looks pretty good. Way smaller than the games of Fortnite and PUBG though, if it's only like 8 people. 
    [Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    SEANMCAD said:
    Fornite:
    The game that came out as 'Early Access' where you paid a premium above average price for a game that is designed to be Free to Play AND within the game 'Loot Boxes' was nearly a requirement to get anywhere meaningful in the game.

I find it ironic how I see so many complaints about 'early access' taking advantage of consumers and complaints about loot boxes but its ok if Fornite does it I suppose
    You love showing your ignorance don't you?  The Battle Royale in Fortnite is free.

peewee78368Aalamr
    edited October 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Fornite:

You love showing your ignorance don't you?  The Battle Royale in Fortnite is free.

I wasnt talking about a game mode, I was talking about the game. besides, should I really know more than I already do about Fortnite?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I really like Fortnite, but I do agree that right now, PUBG is more fully-featured and well rounded. FNBR is playing catch up for now. But I doubt it'll take them long to get there.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• peewee78368peewee78368 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    LoL I laugh when i see people say PUBG is FULL FEATURED... Plz explain bow and what way??? Fotnite will have Account progression and rank play soon... lol But i would love to hear how PUBG is soo FULLY FEATURED
    Phixion13
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    I really like Fortnite, but I do agree that right now, PUBG is more fully-featured and well rounded. FNBR is playing catch up for now. But I doubt it'll take them long to get there.
    Yeah they definitely will catch up because PUBG keeps helping them. Just like popularity jumped dramatically when PUBG first called them out for copying. PUBG needs to be chill otherwise they'll just dig their own grave with this title.
    BillMurphy
    LoL I laugh when i see people say PUBG is FULL FEATURED... Plz explain bow and what way??? Fotnite will have Account progression and rank play soon... lol But i would love to hear how PUBG is soo FULLY FEATURED
    to be fair COD is 'full featured' as well but its very basic.

'full featured' and 'has lots of features' isnt really the same thing at least in my mind
    Nickhead420

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 543

Albatroes said:

Yeah they definitely will catch up because PUBG keeps helping them. Just like popularity jumped dramatically when PUBG first called them out for copying. PUBG needs to be chill otherwise they'll just dig their own grave with this title.

That was the point with the comment everyone is up in arms about, I feel.
  • GalifradGalifrad Member CommonPosts: 5

SOLO Chicken Dinner
    lotrlore
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Pubg and Fortnite are different enough I don't see much of a problem here. When I want to tryhard I play PUBG ... when I just want to enjoy the game I play Fortnite.

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    I find all those PUBG-like games boring as hell. Nowadays gamers dont demand much. Just a map, several weapons and pvp. No wonder games become more and more shallow.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

They're evolving the game at a break-neck pace.  Helps that they have a separate dev team working on it.  It's not my cup of tea but it's pretty badass that I can swap from a totally PvE mode to a ground-up PvP mode that has some cool aspects from PvE if I so choose and not some tacked-on BS like most games.
    Nickhead420
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 144
    This article is trash, and you should be ashamed. I dont expect crazy high quality posts here, but your article is really click bait and terrible.
    peewee78368
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

SEANMCAD said:

Herase said:

Crap you caught me... I own Epic and Fortnite is my baby and I don't want it's reputation tarnished...
    Some times it feels like people respond just for the sake of it. I clearly wrote that I don't play either, so honestly I couldn't care less if both games shut down, so hard to be over defensive...
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    PUBG was great at first with updates that actually fixed things. Then the hype train hit harder and they went to EA loot boxes and the patch progress has been pretty insignificant. They have no more new patches until release now with vaulting/climbing and a new map going to PTR first. The game was built with market models so not everything lines up when it comes to moving around an area or shooting out of a building.

What was once promising is a hyped red flag. I have had tons of time in the game and suggested it to friends cause it can be simple fun but its a love/hate relationship for sure.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Fortnite is brought up because of PUGB themselves with the accusations they decided to level at Epic, that whole drama was unnecessary so now I guess both games got tied up in a way you can't think of one without think of the other. O.o
    peewee78368