Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with the overall lack of superhero games?

124»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Po_gg said:

My comment wasn't on Marvel losing interest or not, and when. Surely they did, back in 2007. My original comment was about the rumor/theory that they ditched the MMO for focusing more on MCU.
    (and added the sidenote that with sticking to the plan they could've both sides profiting from the event, something like a collaboration between SyFy and Trion when launched Defiance both as a game and a show.)

The MCU made billions. Even their smaller movies are now grossing 600+M world wide, and the good ones grossed like $1B. Not to mention, they are making 3 movies a year.

They would be idiotic for them to pay attention to MMOs, unless they think they can make a few WoWs a year. Given the state of MMOs, why would they even bother?
    There's that baiting we all know and love.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Po_gg said:

My comment wasn't on Marvel losing interest or not, and when. Surely they did, back in 2007. My original comment was about the rumor/theory that they ditched the MMO for focusing more on MCU.
    (and added the sidenote that with sticking to the plan they could've both sides profiting from the event, something like a collaboration between SyFy and Trion when launched Defiance both as a game and a show.)

The MCU made billions. Even their smaller movies are now grossing 600+M world wide, and the good ones grossed like $1B. Not to mention, they are making 3 movies a year.

They would be idiotic for them to pay attention to MMOs, unless they think they can make a few WoWs a year. Given the state of MMOs, why would they even bother?
    There's that baiting we all know and love.
    .. and you forget to mention "we all know, love, and cannot resist". 
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited October 2017
    MH ignored MMORPG fans by not including a character creator. This game had the potential to be one of the most popular mmo of all time, they missed the ship on that one.

DCUO has one of the least talented dev teams in the entire gaming industry. Daybreak breaks games.

CO is probably the best of the 3, but is has flaws and populace of about 300.

You have SoH and CoT to look forward to. VO is utter trash, a scam, and the devs are not forth-coming with the players. Making promises only to leave them in the dark for weeks.

I would avoid VO

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    DabOnThem said:
    MH ignored MMORPG fans by not including a character creator. This game had the potential to be one of the most popular mmo of all time, they missed the ship on that one.

nah .. i want to play Ironman, not some cheap knock-off. That is why i play MH, not DCEU before they went downhill.

It was one of the more popular one, until they rolled out the unpopular "big update", and also a content drought for a while. 
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    DabOnThem said:

nah .. i want to play Ironman, not some cheap knock-off. That is why i play MH, not DCEU before they went downhill.

It was one of the more popular one, until they rolled out the unpopular "big update", and also a content drought for a while. 

It was never that popular, because it struggled mightily after launch. Nobody said you cannot play as Ironman, DCUO allows players to do both. MH should have done the same.

So you are happy...great, what about others whom like avatar builders? Appease both crowds. obviously the people whom want to play as Ironman deserted them, therefore they are in a bind.