Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bluehole Poised to Reveal MMO, 'Project W', at G-Star 2017 - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBluehole Poised to Reveal MMO, 'Project W', at G-Star 2017 - MMORPG.com News

Bluehole is on the verge of revealing the first information about its "Project W", said to bae an MMO developed by Hyung-Jun Kim, most recently with NCSoft. Interestingly, Bluehole will not take on publishing duties in Europe or North America, but will instead partner with Kakao Games after their success with Black Desert Online.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    UE3 is the one that's kinda bad for mmorpgs isn't it? Or am I thinking another engine? Anyway, I have a fear that this game will involve gender locking of some kind. I know people got over that after actually playing BDO, but its still a pretty cheap tactic to use imo.
    DeadSpockMrMelGibson
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    MOBA?
    Moonffang
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I hope regional IP blocks for the game will be as badly designed as in BDO.

Thank you for your time!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Steam punk
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Started in 2014 and using UE3 instead of UE4? wat
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited October 2017

MaxBacon said:

Started in 2014 and using UE3 instead of UE4? wat

A lot of the information is probably outdated. We first heard about this at least a couple years ago but nothing since. It's probable, at least in my thinking, that they've already upgraded to UE4 as most companies have. There's simply no reason not to. Also, remember that most MMO development takes 3-5 years so 2014 to 2017 is about on the early edge for anything resembling complete.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonmgilbrtsn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Project World

I would love something like Skyforge but actually good.

Open world built around pvp that starts at the beginning of the game.

Fingers crossed
    gunklacker
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    I really hope they upgraded from using UE3, its just no good for MMO's, the least they could do is go UE4.
    Peshyy

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Seeing how they handle other games, I'll pass.
    Peshyy
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    If I never see another Korean MMO, I’ll be a happy man. Every. Single. One...has been crap. Pretty on the outside, dead and hollow on the inside. Gender locked classes, men that look like women and women that look like whores. Childishly exaggerated animations. Man, no thanks.
    AlomarBananaSoupdjnj2000Calexpureremedydarkopexqoma
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Oyjord said:
    If I never see another Korean MMO, I’ll be a happy man. Every. Single. One...has been crap. Pretty on the outside, dead and hollow on the inside. Gender locked classes, men that look like women and women that look like whores. Childishly exaggerated animations. Man, no thanks.

You'll be dead and buried and they will continue on. 
    BananaSoupMikehamgilbrtsn
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Jamar870 said:

MOBA?

This is Hyung-Jun Kim personal project (creator of Aion). So I would definitely think this is a mmorpg.
    Phry
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited October 2017

Torval said:

There is a lot I loved about TERA so I'll keep my eye on this as well. Interesting they're going with Kakao over EnMasse. I wonder why that is.

Kakao bought a percentage of Bluehole awhile back. So I would guess they would want the rights to the publishing.
    Post edited by Kumapon on
    [Deleted User]
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Waiting for Tera on PS4 they said 2017 but still no release date.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DeadSpock said:
    I hope they cancel it.  It's optimized like shit on PC, can only imagine how bad it will run on Ps4
    pureremedy
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

DeadSpock said:

I hope they cancel it.  It's optimized like shit on PC, can only imagine how bad it will run on Ps4

Neverwinter plays like shit on my high end Alienware but for my surprise plays great on PS4.
    RealizerPhry
  • mentoplusmentoplus Member UncommonPosts: 73
    another garbage game without multicore support or that just runs like ass? 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2017
    Blue Hole + Kakao...

Let me guess, another mmo i will have to pass because their stupid ip block wont let me play with my gamer friends because i happen to be the only one living in the US. Thats the only reason i stopped playing BDO.

Eff that. Only a matter of time before we see if BH is as bad as Pearl Abyss.
    Gdemami

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119

DeadSpock said:

DeadSpock said:

Neverwinter plays like shit on my high end Alienware but for my surprise plays great on PS4.

"High end Alienware". What an oxymoron. lol
    DeadSpockRealizerPhry
  • Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    oh kakao games again. great I will not be able to play it due to regional blocks....
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Blue Hole + Kakao...

Let me guess, another mmo i will have to pass because their stupid ip block wont let me play with my gamer friends because i happen to be the only one living in the US. Thats the only reason i stopped playing BDO.

Eff that. Only a matter of time before we see if BH is as bad as Pearl Abyss.
    it's year 2017 where everyone should know how to bypass it with a simple vpn, it doesn't require any money to achieve it, you can turn it off right before the game loads.  o:)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    3dom said:
    I hope regional IP blocks for the game will be as badly designed as in BDO.
    Designed? i think you are misunderstanding what licencing actually means.
    [Deleted User]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

2018 already looking good and we still have Bless, Moonlight Blade, Soul Worker and Age Of Wushu 2!
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Aslong as they got ELIN?!!

I heard gamefore is a bit better now so trying tera EU now, played NA but ping is 120 -_- EU 20..

My mystic:

Kyleran

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Oh seeing the parties involved, not expecting much, usually it's always that new theme and looks but always going back to the same play and setup style of the MMO that I find meh, why I chosen to play GW2 over Tera in case ofc.