Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall - Exciting Harvesting Changes & Singapore Bloodbath - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall - Exciting Harvesting Changes & Singapore Bloodbath - MMORPG.com

My time in Crowfall has been limited to harvesting, crafting, and fooling around in the Eternal Kingdom building. Writing about harvesting and crafting is fairly moot however with the drastic changes coming to harvesting in 5.3. Crowfall’s harvesting quickly leveled up from a standard MMO doldrum activity to resource gathering that will be interactive and have diverse play styles.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Hype!
    JamesGoblinAlomarLeguma11
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    I hope they'll develop the harvesting ideas even further. In my ideal world, that'd be lots of managing and deciding between a number of pack pigs (say speed vs carrying capacity vs buffs of each), breeding and feeding these (that includes building and maintaining stables, getting or making food for them) choosing between shovels, pikes and axes of various qualities (which one to bring, and how many - since they can break), all kinds of backpacks with this-vs-that tradeoffs and what we seem to already have: choice between quality, crit chance and stamina i.e. speed and duration of harvesting between stamina breaks.

Sometimes, you'll want to milk max quality out of that lovely node field, and sometimes you'll just want to do it ASAP and disappear. You know why.
    KajidourdenZoeMcCloskey
     W...aaagh?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I jumped onto the campaign for a bit last weekend, need to play a bit this weekend as well.  Trying to learn the Templar, getting my ass kicked by mobs though, their density and strength coupled with their pathing makes it tough.  Normally fighting like 2-3 that can 2-3 shot you lol.
    JamesGoblin
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I just saw that you can buy the game early access. What can you do in it?
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    I just saw that you can buy the game early access. What can you do in it?
    It's an alpha test environment currently, not really a game yet. So, there's crafting, gathering, fighting mobs but this "action harvesting" is yet to be implemented - in next major patch which is coming soon™ for couple months already.

Also, there is basic building, elements of sieges and of course PvP on "big" server - but there's not much people on except during pre-arranged fights once-twice a week. Namely, everyone is waiting for the aforementioned patch and, before that, level progression, banks and gear will be wiped.

W...aaagh?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    "Action harvesting." I guess I've been more turned off by other MMO concepts in the past, but I can't easily come up with a list to top this one.
    Waan
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    It's not action harvesting unless what you're harvesting can sprout arms and legs and kill you.
    JamesGoblin
    Okay, so when does it launch?
    I'd say soft launch sometime later in 2018, launch in 2019 - just my estimate, I believe developers would give you more optimistic estimates. Soft launch would be something like basic game loops/features and no more skill/gear wipes, a kind of early access.
    BruceYee said:
    It's not action harvesting unless what you're harvesting can sprout arms and legs and kill you.
    Mobs are already in tests + players are very much lootabe; These are (well, some of them) even more challenging than NPCs:

W...aaagh?
  • bunzagabunzaga Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I haven't tried crafting in this game for a few months, but the last time I did, it was total trash. It took hours to harvest and craft enough items for a basic armor set and weapon. The game is a total time waster, so if you're looking for something to waste your life on, look no further.

The menu is clunky, and takes way to long to go from raw resources to final result... this has got to be one of the most annoying crafting systems I've ever used... and I beta tested UO, and have been playing MMOs ever since.
    JamesGoblinMarcus-
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

bunzaga said:

I haven't tried crafting in this game for a few months, but the last time I did, it was total trash. It took hours to harvest and craft enough items for a basic armor set and weapon. The game is a total time waster, so if you're looking for something to waste your life on, look no further.

The menu is clunky, and takes way to long to go from raw resources to final result... this has got to be one of the most annoying crafting systems I've ever used... and I beta tested UO, and have been playing MMOs ever since.

considering what a joke crafting is in almost every mmo and the fact that crowfall isnt even a launched game thats quite the compliment.
    JamesGoblinMarcus-
    pantaro said:

considering what a joke crafting is in almost every mmo and the fact that crowfall isnt even a launched game thats quite the compliment.
    His remark is indeed somewhat strange for a game in early alpha tests - and they are very much aware of the issues, this would be one of a million. Besides, there are tutorials/videos (on Crowfall forums, crafting section), say this is from the video below: "Time to completion for first a basic set then an advanced set, harvesting and crafting - including 3 failures on the 4 leather armor pieces (85% success my ass) was 2 and a half hours".

This includes tools, weapon - both basic and advanced - and pots; I'm not sure whether this time should be shortened or extended in the "real" game i.e. after launch but they are planning to shorten it for testers, unless they already did - I haven't checked tests recently.

W...aaagh?
  • LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    the UI looks shit!
    JamesGoblinLeguma11

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I think I will pass on this for now, maybe check it out in a year or so
  • LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97

I think I will pass on this for now, maybe check it out in a year or so

The way things are progressing, you'll still be waiting for release by then.
    JamesGoblin
  • ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    game looks like generic cheesy shit