Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mists of Ravenloft PreOrders Begin, Packages in 3 Flavors - D&D Online News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMists of Ravenloft PreOrders Begin, Packages in 3 Flavors - D&D Online News

The next Dungeons & Dragons Online expansion is called Mists of Ravenloft and it brings the new Aasimar race into the game. In preparation for the December 5th launch of Mists of Ravenloft, Standing Stone has opened up preorders. Currently, there are three packages available, each with a number of in-game perks. All of them include access to the Aasimar race.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Seems kind of expensive for such an old game.

I just reinstalled a few nights ago but I have 9 characters and 5 slots. Could not decide which to use so I shut down to research it.
    TaishiFoxCoolitForgrimm

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Is this a missIng gem from my gaming life? I did long stints GW2, WoW, ESO, LotRO, Conan, Darkfall, and countless others along the way, but I’m always curious when I see new updates for DND online. Or, is an itch better left unscratched?

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    SomeHuman said:
    Is this a missIng gem from my gaming life? I did long stints GW2, WoW, ESO, LotRO, Conan, Darkfall, and countless others along the way, but I’m always curious when I see new updates for DND online. Or, is an itch better left unscratched?
    I find Neverwinter to be more fun and longer lasting than DDO, but that isn't saying much as I didn't stick with either game for very long, less than a year each.  I'd love a really well made  modern D&D game, single player or online.  As long as it's not isometric view or being forced to control multiple avatars at the same time, heh.
    [Deleted User]

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    It is the same idiot pricing they did with Mordor, even kept the title ultimate fan... as if you are no true fan unless pay $130 for worthless fluff... :wink:
    The only "improvement" is that at least with DDO they've added the new race into the lowest bundle tier too.
    Asm0deus
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited October 2017
    Only package worth buying is the cheap one for the actual expansion and the aasimar race, the other two package are bloated with worthless junk.

As for is the game good.....it was the best DnD type "online" game when I was playing it but things kind of went downhill after Motd and all the grind they added.

Some grind is good and part of the endgame was TRing and grind past lives but they took that much much further and have a bad habit of adding in crafting systems which they never complete to then add in a new crafting system ad nauseam.

The game was hella better than Neverwinter Online, not to be confused with neverwinter nights, as it felt much more dnd with all the gear and build choices whereas in neverwinter there's not really any build/gear choices with a very limited amount of skills you can use at once.

Neverwinter is a very generic action game where you avoid the red circle with a very limited dnd skin tacked on.

Wish they would make a DDO2 as I would probably play that in a heartbeat.
    Po_gg

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Nice. I can't wait to play the new crap in this expansion. What class is the new iconic hero?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Po_gg said:

It is the same idiot pricing they did with Mordor, even kept the title ultimate fan... as if you are no true fan unless pay $130 for worthless fluff... :wink:
    The only "improvement" is that at least with DDO they've added the new race into the lowest bundle tier too.

Funny thing , these days I look at a $40 purchase and automatically convert it to how many games I can buy on my GOG / Steam wish lists. (3 to 4)

I may never pay full retail ever again.

;)
    Asm0deusPo_gg

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Yep, to think about getting Witcher 3 and updates, plus Fallout New Vegas full, and still have some money left - or - the Mordor expansion... no wonder I'm waiting for it to appear in the in-game store so I could get it from Points :wink:
    DDO's expansion might give more, especially with the included race which has a bit more weight there compared to races in LotRO.

Asm0deus said:
    The game was hella better than Neverwinter Online, not to be confused with neverwinter nights, as it felt much more dnd with all the gear and build choices whereas in neverwinter there's not really any build/gear choices with a very limited amount of skills you can use at once.
    When I have to narrow it down, I used to say: if you have a few dedicated friends you plan to play for a longer time, or you want a lot of freedom, NWN is your best pick.
    If you want an online, mmo-esque D&D with emphasis on group play, but don't have a dedicated group, DDO.
    And if you just want some quick fun, action, and not much thinking about your characters, Neverwinter.

All 3 are fine, for different goals and playstyles. I still used to play all of them, from time to time.
    Asm0deus