Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42 Update

2»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    edited October 2017
    Vrika said:
    Moon's rotation around its own axis and rotation around Earth both take same amount of time, and as a result same side of the Moon is always visible from Earth.

Which means Dark side of the Moon is never visible from Earth and never gets any light reflected from Earth either.
    ...except on the rim of a polar dark side crater.

100 % illumination, direct contact with Earth. Possible location for a lunar base in that crater. Possible location of a radio telescope nearby on the dark side, without direct line of sight to Earth, in radio shadow. Connected to lunar base via maglev train. Orbiters have detected water ice on the permanently shaded bottom of polar craters - a source of rocket fuel and oxygen for a base.

Have fun
    Gdemami
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So I noticed SQ42 on CIGs website just says Answer the Call.  The year has been removed.  
    rpmcmurphy

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    So I noticed SQ42 on CIGs website just says Answer the Call.  The year has been removed.  
    Think it's been like that for a while. Guess they got tired of updating the date every year so now just put no date to save time
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Good, they should be giving dates when they have something solid to give instead of the constant push back. Will wait for the SQ42 proper gameplay in Dec :)
    GdemamiOctagon7711
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    "ok guys now that we're funded, let's remove any target release date lololol"
    Octagon7711Odeezee
    "ok guys now that we're funded, let's remove any target release date lololol"
    It's brilliant! They remove the release date then tease how it's coming and then hype the hell out of it to get people to throw money at the project then say oh right we are switching focus back to SC. Rinse repeat for the next 10 years and successful business on promises
    Octagon7711Odeezee
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Vrika said:

If they'd provide a firm release date instead of estimate it would be different, but if they were going to do something like that then I think they'd try everything in their power to make it main feature of CitizenCon. Roadmap is just fancy word for yet another plan.
    I dont think we will get any dates, just some hyped videos showing off some gameplay and a list of things that will someday make it into the game.  These events are about building hype and sales which is actually something that CIG is very good at.
    Kefo
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2017
    When they give a date "the date is just to build hype", when they don't give a date "it's just to build hype". Notice the same argument for 2 polar opposites of a situation? hahaha :yum:  There's hype for you! There's hype for me! Hype for everyone! \o/
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Odeezee
    Talonsin said:
    Vrika said:

If they'd provide a firm release date instead of estimate it would be different, but if they were going to do something like that then I think they'd try everything in their power to make it main feature of CitizenCon. Roadmap is just fancy word for yet another plan.
    I dont think we will get any dates, just some hyped videos showing off some gameplay and a list of things that will someday make it into the game.  These events are about building hype and sales which is actually something that CIG is very good at.
    Maybe in a year from Citizencon we will have Chris Roberts come out and say he gets angry when people keep asking "where's SQ42??" And then maybe fed some lines about how it takes time to release a polished working game even though it will probably be a bug ridden mess that can only run on the current crop of supercomputers.