Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the biggest jerk thing you've ever done in a video game to another person.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I let mobs kill me in Asheron's Call 2 instead of a PKer.  The PKer had attacked me so I ran around just outside mob aggro range and changing direction so his shortest line to me was through the mobs aggro.  That didn't work so I aggro'd as many mobs as I could into a train and then stood and let the mobs kill me while the PKer was 50 feet away watching his target get taken away.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited October 2017
    Well, 

I also never lie, cheat, break my word, or steal from other players ever. If you ask me to hold your in-game item that is literally worth $1,000 USD, I'd give it back without a problem. Even if you trusted me to hold your lottery ticket, I'd hold it for you and give it back. 

Cryomatrix
    BWAHAHA.. this sounds like a pathetic attempt in EVE to start a Scam Fund. Keep it up Bro!

Umm no, if you read my other post, you'd see i made 1 billion a week when i played EVE. I'm about one of the most honest people you'll ever meet. I don't scam, never have and never will. 

I am just saying if I was asked to hold some gear, I would. 

Also, stealing a T2 BPO . . . that is low, but getting ganked in low sec with it, massive payday for the ganker. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I used to camp quest hubs back in BC in WoW with a couple friends. We would spend days camped out killing anyone who came into them. We were assholes but honestly it was really fun when a guild would come and try to kill us and holding off against them. 
  • HoopdyDooHoopdyDoo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    As a Necromancer in Everquest I used to summon my pet specter in Oasis and run it around scaring noobs.

Nothing too bad.  lol
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited October 2017
    Convinced another SWG player to duel me while wearing my Teras Kasi tag (close range fighter), causing him to think he had an advantage from distance. Then took out a rifle and shot him (since I was also a rifleman). 
    Octagon7711winghaven1

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    20 years ago i was playing Dark Age of Camelot (probably best mmo ever made) on FFA servers (Andred, Mordred). I was in a guild called PTC (pow tang clan :smile: ). I was so dedicated to DAOC that i want everybody to be like me. Guild leader kicks me out from guild. I bought 3 new keys and started 3 new accounts. I powerleveld in 1 day my 2nd account with my main and i started to roleplay to join PTC. All 3 accounts were invited in guild in less than a week. 

During this week i joined a hardcore pvp (everyone is kos) guild and during my nights i was logging one of the second accounts to check their locations. I farmed them for months until accounts were removed. I even attended few of their guild events to keep my accounts out of radar.

...and only because their Guild Leader told me im dedicated and DAOC is just a game. 

DAOC is life!

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Amathe said:
    Convinced another SWG player to duel me while wearing my Teras Kasi tag (close range fighter), causing him to think he had an advantage from distance. Then took out a rifle and shot him (since I was also a rifleman). 

Bet you told him it's best not to get cocky, kid.

Octagon7711AmatheSovrath
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2017
    In L2 a mid level player would come into the starting zone and hit a player to see if they wanted to duel, if they didn't he would just PK them and disappear.  One day I was grinding a new alt and the guy runs up to me, taps me to see if I'll fight him then PKs me.  Normally I would just go somewhere else to grind. But today was not the day, I log-in my high level alt, went to the area and sure enough there he is, he thinks I'm low level (because I put on low level gear) taps me then unloads on me with little effect.  I one shot him.  He says to me, "Why'd you do that?"  Dah...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

In L2 a mid level player would come into the starting zone and hit a player to see if they wanted to duel, if they didn't he would just PK them and disappear.  One day I was grinding a new alt and the guy runs up to me, taps me to see if I'll fight him then PKs me.  Normally I would just go somewhere else to grind. But today was not the day, I log-in my high level alt, went to the area and sure enough there he is, he thinks I'm low level (because I put on low level gear) taps me then unloads on me with little effect.  I one shot him.  He says to me, "Why'd you do that?"  Dah...
    That was extremely common back in C1-C5. Extremely high level people in either starter gear or D grade that would go bait someone into hitting them so they could gank people. It was great. I had a perma red Phantom Ranger that I only used either D grade or low C grade on. I loved those days.
    Octagon7711Sovrath
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    In WoW, in that crater area, one day i rounded up some people and just went ganking. But I don't think that is a jerk thing to do, it is just part of the game. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I dunno, try to not be a jerk but I guess I kill stealed a few mobs way back. 

Otherwise one thing comes to mind. We where about to take down an open world raid boss in EQ2 and I asked my team "-Who is tanking?" so this plated gnome (look like a small tin can) said he was. So I asked "No, seriously, who will tank?". He got rather upset... 

But as I said, I tend to follow Wheaton's law.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    This happens frequently in games now without much recourse or care, but back in the day it really mattered.  Another player is fighting a monster/mob and there is a chest they are guarding.  While the player was fighting, I swooped in and stole the loot in the chest.  Its was a real d!#k move on my part.
  • BaratukBaratuk Member UncommonPosts: 27
    In EQ1 I played a magician and would lay "mod" rods on the ground in newbie areas. The rods would deal damage to the person who used it and give a % of mana back. Thing is, it would kill low level players. I would watch newbies die repeatedly. I would also put fireshield on them to help em so I wasn't to big of a jerk.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Playing Hanzo in comp! 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    That was extremely common back in C1-C5. Extremely high level people in either starter gear or D grade that would go bait someone into hitting them so they could gank people. It was great. I had a perma red Phantom Ranger that I only used either D grade or low C grade on. I loved those days.
    yeah, I was once standing outside of Dion and was wearing C grade armor. I almost had enough for my B grade but in truth I was closer to the level for A grade.

That's when I was attacked by a red and his/her "helper". Needless to say they didn't last long.

Panther2103
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2017
    Oh here is another one, back when I played Age of Conan I was in a guild that had given me admin privileges. One day I was trying to be nice to some random players and run them through some low level dungeon in a desert area, I forget the name. Anyhow we all finally get close to the entrance not close enough to run in though and some other member of my guild was there ganking people, he ganked everyone in my group I got mad and asked him to stop but he continued so I booted him out of the guild. He got back in and I lost my admin powers. I left it shortly after. 
    Asheram said:
    Oh here is another one, back when I played Age of Conan I was in a guild that had given me admin privileges. One day I was trying to be nice to some random players and run them through some low level dungeon in a desert area, I forget the name. Anyhow we all finally get close to the entrance not close enough to run in though and some other member of my guild was there ganking people, he ganked everyone in my group I got mad and asked him to stop but he continued so I booted him out of the guild. He got back in and I lost my admin powers. I left it shortly after. 
    Good for you, I would have done the same thing.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Sovrath said:
    Asheram said:

I didn't boot him because he was ganking people though but because he was ganking people in my group and wasting my time.
    Sovrath said:
    yeah, I was once standing outside of Dion and was wearing C grade armor. I almost had enough for my B grade but in truth I was closer to the level for A grade.

That's when I was attacked by a red and his/her "helper". Needless to say they didn't last long.

That's how it was back then though. Most people couldn't afford the grade of armor they were at unless they had a crazy farm guild or really generous dwarf guildmates who would share materials. 
    Sovrath
    Asheram said:
    Sovrath said:
    Asheram said:

I didn't boot him because he was ganking people though but because he was ganking people in my group and wasting my time.
    exactly.

For instance, you could have very well been in a "pk guild" and their raison d'etre was to pk everyone in sight all the time every time.

It still doesn't excuse him from disrespecting his guild member and essentially wrecking your party.

Kind of a dick move on his part. So I expect him to post in this thread "one time I had a guild member bring a party of lower level players to a desert area and I .... "
    Asheram

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    ysn888 said:
    ysn888 said:
    I was a warrior thief in UO , this guy had +15 spear , i walk his home with him , stole his spear when he was using sword and board , killed him with his own spear cut his body then runaway yelling 'LOLOLOLO..'  Good days . 
    lies... old school UO didnt have a +15 gear anything. That type of RNG enchantment system is from another game.

Maybe it was a vanquishing spear... but that would be giving you the benefit of the doubt no wouldnt it.
     vanquishing spear is +15 man .. 
    nope, not even close.
  • xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    ~ throw grenades at my team's location
    ~ deliver mobs to players who are AFKing >:)
    ~ use massive AOE on someone else's lure >:)
    Never give up ~
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    made them kill themselves irl, probably.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Asheram said:
    I don't see anything wrong with how you acted, halfway through your post I thought you were going to plunder the guildbank or something. Getting rid of toxic players in a guild is a good thing not a bad, particularly since you discussed the players behavior first and asked him to stop.

I would have done the exact same thing and I do have kicked more then a few players for similar reasons during the years. In all cases besides a player that was rather disgusting against female guild members (it was way out of line) I warned them carefully and explained things first, most people either shape up or leave the guild themselves after a warning.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I was the recruitment officer in one of WoW world top 10 guilds, everyone on the server knew who I was. From time to time when I was bored I contacted some groupie and told em we've been observing him and he would fit right in our guild. So they said their goodbyes to their mates and bragged about joining us just ro get their dreams shattered when they left their guild and asked me to invite them. 

There was this young lad who went for this silly prank two times. The second time I actually invited him in. He gave a long speech about how he's going to do his best. I told him he had made a grammar mistake and we can't tolerate that kind of stupidity so I kicked him out. 

Man... I really should have some kids. I'd make a great dad. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung