Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Priming the Hype Cannon, Bungie Releases PC Launch Trailer - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePriming the Hype Cannon, Bungie Releases PC Launch Trailer - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

Bungie is stoking the flames of desire with the release of the PC launch trailer for Destiny 2. (All of the footage, by the way, was captured on PC.) If you've been living under a rock, you may not know that the highly anticipated game will be launching on BattleNet on October 24th. Yes, just a week from tomorrow! Are you prepared?

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I feel like the hype for this has already died. Not much gaming chatter about D2 anymore...
    Alomarkgsavatar
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

I feel like the hype for this has already died. Not much gaming chatter about D2 anymore...

it has already died on console ... nobody cares about this casual, zero content crap anymore ... they milk the cow as much as they can now
    Alomar

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• M1tankerr460M1tankerr460 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    All of my friends who play this have stopped playing it lol
    Alomar
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I'm excited to try it on PC. Never played the first one as I didn't have the required console. Also I like the PC beta.
    DeadSpock[Deleted User]AshikuroCryolitycal
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    It's not dead on console it's full of players
    PsYcHoGBR[Deleted User]Alomar
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I'm excited for it! But I don't think it'll be able to match up with how well and established warframe is.
    ZandogMoonffang

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    I'll be playing it, mostly because I enjoyed Destiny 1. The only thing I didn't like was that they straight up abandoned it to make more money from Destiny 2 with little changes.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Best pc game of e3 2017? lol oook, Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein 2 would like to have a word with your hype train.
    Tyserie
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Add Ezpz#1137 if you want someone to tag along with. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    There are 1137 Ezpz's or more?
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Asheram said:
    There are 1137 Ezpz's or more?

Guess so. 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I'll wait until December and pick it up for half the price.
    Scotty787CelciusAlomar
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97

APThug said:

I'm excited for it! But I don't think it'll be able to match up with how well and established warframe is.

I just started playing Warframe 3 days ago. Already done with Earth, have many planets to go. While it's a pretty game, I'm having fun and has tons of new players, many veterans are concerned about its new "open world" content or lack there of.
    Vets are saying that Plains of Eidolon doesn't offer much to do compared to its older content. That, while it's large and beautiful, it's cumbersome to get around, even with flight abilities. It worries me as a long term game to play.

I find the inventory navigation maps to be lacking and the mob AI not very challenging but they nailed the story and customization options pretty well. It's truly a free full game experience that keeps a steady player base.

That said, I was hoping Destiny 2 would offer a more compelling experience. Let's hope it's not as shallow as some have said it is. Feedback on this comment would be great.

Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • Drac14Drac14 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I'm super excited! I read the salty destiny reddit every day and it still hasn't put me off. I know what I'm getting in D2 and I'm super stoked for it.

Warframe just has a totally different feel from destiny. It's an ultra-grind fest. I like the slower pace of destiny (not ninja-leaping around everywhere), I love the lore, the art/scenery is much better, and I dig that there's more of a flow/narrative to missions/strikes/patrols/raids etc. I've played warframe since beta and love it, but I just don't prefer it over destiny.

Just my thoughts :)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is called massive marketing campaigns,all they cared about was that initial big sale,millions of copies,profits made.What happens here after is icing on the cake,but you can bet they are already working on the next cash grab angle,some DLC or something.

Destiny had better be a beefier game,you are paying a lot more money to play it than Warframe.I feel Destiny 2 is an ok game but not even remotely worth the hype it has received and that is because all the hype has been from marketing campaigns.
    This site first posted on D2 before the game was even announced,so yeah you know how that is possible....marketing and then the D2 threads were literally spammed here,you know why that is...partnered marketing.
    So basically D2 was forced on us the consumer,they let the marketing sell it more so than on it's own merit.

As of this very minute,Warframe is 5 on Twitch D2 is #14 and you know why,Warframe began a massive marketing campaign to try and keep up.I have noticed Warframe advertised everywhere in the last week or so.I doubt D2 will react again,the push has already subsided,time for Activision/Blizzard to self promote their other games right on cue,once a week.
    BillMurphy

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited October 2017
    Wizardry said:
    It is called massive marketing campaigns,all they cared about was that initial big sale,millions of copies,profits made.What happens here after is icing on the cake,but you can bet they are already working on the next cash grab angle,some DLC or something.

Destiny had better be a beefier game,you are paying a lot more money to play it than Warframe.I feel Destiny 2 is an ok game but not even remotely worth the hype it has received and that is because all the hype has been from marketing campaigns.
    This site first posted on D2 before the game was even announced,so yeah you know how that is possible....marketing and then the D2 threads were literally spammed here,you know why that is...partnered marketing.
    So basically D2 was forced on us the consumer,they let the marketing sell it more so than on it's own merit.

As of this very minute,Warframe is 5 on Twitch D2 is #14 and you know why,Warframe began a massive marketing campaign to try and keep up.I have noticed Warframe advertised everywhere in the last week or so.I doubt D2 will react again,the push has already subsided,time for Activision/Blizzard to self promote their other games right on cue,once a week.
    While I agree with some of what you are saying, Warframe is a very different beast then Destiny 2. Personally I find the game pretty impenetrable to break into at this point for new players and almost as difficult to get back into due to the number of complex systems in it. I had less issue getting into PoE then Warframe. Anyways, none of that even matters. Most people know what Destiny is and they are hyped for that reason. Anyone who thinks / thought Destiny 2 is going to be a bigger game then Destiny 1 or be more MMOish then Destiny 1 is sorely mistaken. It is basically an overpriced expansion for Destiny without all the original Destiny content.

I think most people don't care about that, however, and just want more Destiny. It has really good gunplay and the style of gunplay has never really been on PC (Halo style) so I think it is fair to be excited for it. It is also a co-op looter shooter that is hugely popular, so everyone is excited to play it with their friends. There are not many good looter shooters either, Warframe gameplay is closer to Mass Effect then Halo as well. The closest game we really have is Borderlands, and that game doesn't really offer what Destiny does in terms of community and content. 

Destiny 2 wll probably have a big push on PC and on Twitch again when it comes to PC. I doubt it will be as big as the original launch, but no question it will topple Warframe. I already have a couple of friends who experienced pretty much all the content in the Warframe content patch and have dropped it again.  The Destiny 2 PC launch numbers probably won't last long on twitch either.

Anyways, twitch numbers are highly irrelevant to a game's success. So none of this matters really. It is also a little lame to call DLC a cash grab when that is really something that is measured on a case by case basis. Do you call every new frame in Warframe a cash grab? Doubt it. Also doubt that Destiny 2 has any kind of shared marketing promotion with a niche site like MMORPG.com lol 

Also wtf @ person claiming there will be a sale for HALF PRICE on Destiny 2 less then 2 months after release. That is insane. It is not a steam game and it is not a game that will be a monumental failure. The only game in recent memory where that even came close to happening was Battleborn. This is a game that will be on Battle.net. You will be lucky to get 25% off by next year. 
    Post edited by Celcius on
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited October 2017
    Hate to be a bummer here, but I was one of those people who was gutted D1 never released on the PC and was super hyped for D2. Yet, I knew nothing about the game other than hearing friends talk about the good things. After the console launch I now know what the game will be like, and it doesn't warrant my purchase.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I'm looking forward to it. I bought it with "free" Bnet balance from my WoW gold. I kinda want a MMOesque shooter, especially with raids, and I never played D1. The PvP I tried in Beta was horrendous however, I would never choose it vs Overwatch, full of idiotic one shot crap without time to react. Hope the PvE is better.
    Alomar
  • kgsavatarkgsavatar Member UncommonPosts: 20

I agree and I kind of wish I had saved my money. Warframe gives an similar experience and is free.