Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Misfits & Freaks Add Up to Thirty-Five Million Players - Overwatch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMisfits & Freaks Add Up to Thirty-Five Million Players - Overwatch - MMORPG.com

Overwatch News - The Overwatch Twitter page has a new post to announce that the buy to play game has now crossed over the thirty-five million player mark. "What a bunch of misfits and freaks we got here -- we love it! Thanks for teaming up with us, heroes!" the post reads. Accompanying the quote is a great pic of Junkrat in his Halloween skin.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

[Deleted User]

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Question is how many of those accounts are from unique players. I know people who have 3-4 accounts and some even more.
    Also wondering what the actual active playerbase is at the moment, I personally haven't played in few months.

Btw don't get me wrong still love the game :)
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited October 2017
    I hate when they say this. There are probably 500 000 active players. 35 million people have tried the game probably.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Wedlen said:
    I hate when they say this. There are probably 500 000 active players. 35 million people have tried the game probably.
    That might be relevant for a F2P game, but Overwatch is B2P. And it has no free trial outside of the occasional free weekend promotions they've run. So there is no "trying" the game, every account equates to a box sale. 
    PhryJamesGoblinNephethMadFrenchiedjnj2000
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Forgrimm said:
    Wedlen said:
    That might be relevant for a F2P game, but Overwatch is B2P. And it has no free trial outside of the occasional free weekend promotions they've run. So there is no "trying" the game, every account equates to a box sale. 
    35 million is an entirely believable figure, to be honest i am surprised its not more especially when you consider how many people play games such as League of Legends or CS:GO etc. But yes, thats a lot of box sales, better than you get for Single Player games really.
    JamesGoblin
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

Torval said:

That's a shirt-ton of box sales! 

I don't play Overwatch. I'm not much into competitive arena stuff, but the combat play looks fantastic. I would love to see this engine used for single player and coop/shared world multiplayer stuff.

I think they are quite open to that.
    The Halloween event was their first take on a coop storytelling mode last year. From the interviews I've seen, they are keen on exploring other possibilities than just their standard PvP modes.

We will see where it goes.
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]
  • zSurrenderzSurrender Member UncommonPosts: 16

Wedlen said:

500,000 active players? Across PC, PS4 and Xbox One?
    I'd reckon the number is a bit higher than that.
  • wonkerzwonkerz Member UncommonPosts: 14
    shitty game