Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever decided to not play a game simply because you missed out on an exclusive reward?

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    No but on a certain level I get it.

So, say I wanted to play a game and that "special award" was something like a particular race or class, and that would "make" the game for me I could feasibly see myself not playing it.

But it would have to be on that level. If it was a mount or a piece of armor then no, that wouldn't be an issue.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I consider myself the anti-perfectionist . . . I have zero desire to perfect anything I do. I usually don't min-max characters, never cared for good rolls on gear, usually don't fully optimize characters if it costs currency (that's cuz i'm naturally cheap). 

The only thing I'm a perfectionist about is when I am doing circumcisions, can't screw up the ole' pecker. 

In terms of completionist, I'm sort of like that with sports games. If I hit the wrong button and simulate a football game or baseball game instead of playing it then it ruins my accrual of stats to the point where I want to start over. 

Cryomatrix
    DauzqulAllerleirauh[Deleted User]
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • drachennwolfdrachennwolf Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I've decided not to play many, many games because I missed out on initial launch and any character I make would be so far behind and be so ignorant on how to play the game that I'd be irrelevant for a long time. I prefer playing games at launch or with huge catch-up mechanics so that I'm not always behind the curve from the start.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I can't see myself ever playing star citizen, if it ever comes out, just because of all the insane preorder exclusives.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Yes I have -- they had a +10% to hit points for the asheron's call expansion and since I tend to play tanky characters, that kept me from coming back until they made the +8% one that could be obtained in game and even then I was upset. 

There should NEVER be such a reward that you can't get in game.

Veteran rewards also stopped me from going back to everquest.  They are quite powerful and you would be at a significant disadvantage in a high end guild without them. 

[Deleted User]anemoDauzqul
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    anemo said:
    I can't see myself ever playing star citizen, if it ever comes out, just because of all the insane preorder exclusives.
    That's not just SC though. Almost all the KS titles in production have ridiculous preorder bonuses the average player will never be able to get. Only those with deep pockets, who threw money at them. SC is probably the most reasonable one of that bunch.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I have not. But with the right degree of provocation I could see myself doing that. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AndemonAndemon Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited October 2017
    Absolutely, several times.
    I rarely play MMOs at launch (there's just too many), but if I check out a promising one a year or two later and notice that I've missed a lot of content that's now gone (such as Living World season 1 in GW2), I'm just going to conclude that I've clearly missed the party... and then I'll uninstall and try an another game.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Andemon said:
    Absolutely, several times.
    I rarely play MMOs at launch (there's just too many), but if I check out a promising one a year or two later and notice that I've missed a lot of content that's now gone (such as Living World season 1 in GW2), I'm just going to conclude that I've clearly missed the party... and then I'll uninstall and try an another game.
    Now that you mention it, that is one thing I missed on out that I really find annoying. I haven't uninstalled over it but it could be one of the reasons I'm a bit off on it now.
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    yes, this is the main reason why i don't play tree of savior despite it's adorable graphics, i want to participate in the level up pack event but it only applies to new team names so if you created a account already you need a new steam account (i already have three steam accounts for this game and can't bother creating another one just to level up easier)
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited October 2017
    No but it does annoy me sometimes. Especially if it was something I really wanted that just isn't available anymore. I prefer when exclusive items are not bound so they can be traded later on. Sure they are pricey as hell but they are still an option if you want one bad enough.

Overall it annoys me a lot more when it's done for really dumb reasons. It seems like some games like to release exclusive items more often than the developers change their underwear.

An exclusive item here or there, cool. Non-soulbound? Better. 5-10 new soulbound exclusives rotated through your cash shop each month? Give it a damn break.
    Andemon