Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Riot Founders to Return to the Trenches to 'Put the 'S' in Riot GameS' - League of Legends - MMORPG.

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageRiot Founders to Return to the Trenches to 'Put the 'S' in Riot GameS' - League of Legends - MMORPG.com

League of Legends News - Riot Games founders Brandon "Ryze" Beck and Marc "Tryndamere" Merrill have announced that they're returning to the development trenches in an effort, they wrote, to put the "s" in Riot Games, apparently working on something other than League of Legends. Rumors have swirled for years that Riot was working on an MMO.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    MMO? Hmm it would be cool to have an mmo with chars from LoL.
    SirAgravaineBlurBlehBruceYeeThupli

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Throughout the years it has seemed like they were posturing Runeterra (League of Legends world) for an MMORPG, based on the lore development and various art direction changes.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Probably following in Valve's footsteps with a card game. . .like always.
    BillMurphyJDis25
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

sayuu said:

Could be.

Why do you suggest they are just following Valve though? "Card games" on computers have been around for longer than Valve has existed. And I am not talking about the likes of Patience. Several "physical" card games e.g. MotG were ported way back and things have simply evolved over time.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    gervaise1 said:

sayuu said:

Could be.

Why do you suggest they are just following Valve though? "Card games" on computers have been around for longer than Valve has existed. And I am not talking about the likes of Patience. Several "physical" card games e.g. MotG were ported way back and things have simply evolved over time.
    because that's all they've done. . .mooch ideas off valve.
    BruceYee
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    I can already guess the title: Humunculus

lol, jk..

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Mensur said:
    MMO? Hmm it would be cool to have an mmo with chars from LoL.
    As long as the Yordles stay out of it.
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I've been saying for years Riot is the only company witht he IP backing to contend with WoW
    I've been saying for years Riot is the only company witht he IP backing to contend with WoW
    Valve? Nintendo? Surely there are other properties capable of contending with WoW assuming a remarkably high quality standard.
    [Deleted User]Thupli
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited October 2017
    Aeander said:
    Valve? Nintendo? Surely there are other properties capable of contending with WoW assuming a remarkably high quality standard.
    Nintendo hates the internet and Riot (allegedly?) just does what Valve does but gets a ton more success.
    Tiamat64 said:
    Aeander said:
    Nintendo hates the internet and Riot (allegedly?) just does what Valve does but gets a ton more success.
    I can't think of any instances in which Riot just outright copied Valve, given that DotA was made by 3rd party Warcraft 3 modders.

That said, they copied a Hell of a lot from Dawngate around the start of season 3. It's a pity that that's the only legacy that Dawngate has left after it got EA'd. It was a much better game than League of Legends ever was.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Can't wait to see what they have planned.

I'm hoping it's a ftp arpg mmo.