Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - Five Essential Legion AddOns - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft - Five Essential Legion AddOns - MMORPG.com

One of the most prolific World of Warcraft cottage industries is the addon community that creates mods to assist players with various aspects of the game. We've come up with a list of five essential addons for PvE players in Legion, as well as tossed in a few others that are good for general Azerothian exploration.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Nice! I will download some. I cant go without HEALBOT!
    Ajvipantaro

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I love a lot of the mods that are currently out there but it always amazes me how long we have been using things like Deadly Boss mods or some of the Bank and inventory mods and why some of those things have never been created as actual options in the game. Especially the ones that deal with inventory, banking, or crafting. Not really expecting something like Deadly Boss mods but just the general mods that help with the UI..
    AjviOctagon7711Savage_Cheez
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Although you included the indispensable Auctionator, you left out the equally indispensable Titan Panel, which rolls a slew of handy QoL mods into one. It includes bag search for alts, mail info, disenchanting outcomes and the Titan Bar, with location, account gold, durability, hours to level and more displayed. Titan Panel and Auctionator are the two discrete mods that just make WoW life a whole lot better.

And the best part is that these have been maintained over the years, whereas many formerly popular mods have been abandoned.
    AjviOctagon7711Rubie
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Elvoc said:

I love a lot of the mods that are currently out there but it always amazes me how long we have been using things like Deadly Boss mods or some of the Bank and inventory mods and why some of those things have never been created as actual options in the game. Especially the ones that deal with inventory, banking, or crafting. Not really expecting something like Deadly Boss mods but just the general mods that help with the UI..

..what ?

Have you re-read your post before..posting it?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    IceAge said:

Elvoc said:

..what ?

He's talking about having the add-ons built into the game, rather than having to get them from third parties.
    SBFordpantaroOctagon7711Savage_Cheez
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546

Forgrimm said:

IceAge said:

Elvoc said:

..what ?

He's talking about having the add-ons built into the game, rather than having to get them from third parties.

Thats exactly what I said, and I said basically I wouldn't imaginethem adding Deadly boss mod type modifications but at least UI and inventory..
    SBFord
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Forgrimm said:
    IceAge said:

Elvoc said:

..what ?

Which is what Blizzard already does with the game. They take certain addons and add those features into the game. It's relatively nice when it happens as I don't really like to run a bunch of addons, I would prefer certain things to be built into the game. I actually forgot how many QOL addons they put into the games base interface, until I tried the Vanilla private server and noticed how much wasn't there that I was used to. 

Personally I think the only real addons I use anymore are either Recount or Skada Damage meters, Postal for when I have too much mail from the auction house, PRAT because I like the chat features it enables, and Bagnon. The other main ones I can just deal with not having.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Elvoc said:

Forgrimm said:

IceAge said:

Elvoc said:

..what ?

Thats exactly what I said, and I said basically I wouldn't imaginethem adding Deadly boss mod type modifications but at least UI and inventory..
    Yup, I understood it. Was just clarifying your point for the guy who didn't.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Pawn is bugged in some cases. Yesterday in HC ToS it showed a versatility trinket as a hefty upgrade for my MM hunter which ofc is BS.
    SBFord
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Great list. I use 'Addon Control Panel' to manage addons in game. Haven't played since the last expansion came out though.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Shodanas said:
    Pawn is bugged in some cases. Yesterday in HC ToS it showed a versatility trinket as a hefty upgrade for my MM hunter which ofc is BS.

Unless it's a straight stat trinket, it won't calculate for the proc. 
  • BensorBensor Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited October 2017

Shodanas said:

Unless it's a straight stat trinket, it won't calculate for the proc. 

No. Pawn is really bugged. I have some iLvL 905 purple stuff, and it keeps asking me to equip the iLvl 750 blue shit I loot, even when all the stats will go down.