Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naoki Yoshida Apologizes to Players for Recent Housing Snafu & RMT Transaction Discovery - Final Fan

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNaoki Yoshida Apologizes to Players for Recent Housing Snafu & RMT Transaction Discovery - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - Final Fantasy XIV Game Director Naoki Yoshida has taken to the game's forums to apologize to players for the recent snafu with the patch 4.1 housing area of Shirogane. He states that he and his team have have "received a great deal of feedback regarding this newest addition to housing".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    That's what I expected, a half arsed solution, more wards doesn't fix anything, with 4.2 (which is 3-4 months away) we'll see the exact same issue pop up again and probably another apology, which seems to be the only thing Yoshi-P is good at these days.

There's plenty of other better solutions, instanced housing, or a more realistic solution: upgradeable apartments, which would make a lot of folks happy.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Been there from day 1,i don't trust Square's honesty what so ever.

Even the whole blame Tanaka ordeal is imo still up in the air,he says ,she says,but hey they needed a scapegoat.

Cheating back in the FFXi days was a well known fact and even the dumbest gamer could spot if not only by watching the fish botters.
    Well it took Square 5 years to act,after 100% knowing,so to this day i have my reasons as to why it took them so long,which are many so i will not bore people with my long story.

Bottom line on this particular case,i do not believe Square is being fully honest,i also believe they fully knew about his cheating and rmt but only act when it becomes a big problem in the public eye.
    Also having dealt with their hack/recovery team,they are extremely cheap and lazy.There are a couple honest and nice people i have talked to over the phone over the years but many just shove you aside or play dumb or give you the common  cue card runaround like ,,email us your information and we will get back to you in several weeks.

Square has made some great games,some innovative minds work within but their hierarchy/ceo's business side of things is VERY shotty.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Reading Wizardry Post ..

(after first line) ..I keep reading ..

(second line) ..I'm trying ..

(3rd line) ..I fall asleep ..
    zenomex

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388

IceAge said:

Reading Wizardry Post ..

Just gloss over it and in your head make a mental note that the poster hates everything that's not specifically catered to them.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017

IceAge said:

Reading Wizardry Post ..

Just gloss over it and in your head make a mental note that the poster hates everything that's not specifically catered to them.

Well I guess if you see wanting a company to implement a method that prevents 2 people from claiming an entire ward and trying to resell it to people as wanting to be catered to, then I guess it is. But I also know people cannot be surprised that this was going to happen since its happened when wards were first introduced and when new wards were added to each area. The entire system is just flawed. Linking one house to one account per server would definitely slow the problem without them having add to server costs. People can't honestly act like theres completely no houses on no servers either though. There's just no housing on the servers they WANT. So that is another point people should consider and also I think SE is still offering free transfers to people off of congested server on to lower population ones with unlimited gil transfer.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    edited October 2017
    Buying a house will not be a problem if the complaining current players stand true to their word and leave the game like they claim in FFXIV forum( I doubt they will leave though). They keep changing things in this game cause some complain in the forum and changes usually make the game less attractive at least for me. I enjoyed the hell out of FFXI until they changed it and added iLevel. edit: oh and WoW was amazing when I played (release of burning crusade time) and every change made it easier and less attractive to the point of no return.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

Wizardry said:

Even the whole blame Tanaka ordeal is imo still up in the air,he says ,she says,but hey they needed a scapegoat.

Cheating back in the FFXi days was a well known fact and even the dumbest gamer could spot if not only by watching the fish botters.
    Well it took Square 5 years to act,after 100% knowing,so to this day i have my reasons as to why it took them so long,which are many so i will not bore people with my long story.

Bottom line on this particular case,i do not believe Square is being fully honest,i also believe they fully knew about his cheating and rmt but only act when it becomes a big problem in the public eye.
    Also having dealt with their hack/recovery team,they are extremely cheap and lazy.There are a couple honest and nice people i have talked to over the phone over the years but many just shove you aside or play dumb or give you the common  cue card runaround like ,,email us your information and we will get back to you in several weeks.

Square has made some great games,some innovative minds work within but their hierarchy/ceo's business side of things is VERY shotty.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is about the culture at SE, they seem like a pretty talented bunch, yet they also seem to have very little foresight or concern for even major issues until things completely blow up...
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    acidblood said:

Wizardry said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what is about the culture at SE, they seem like a pretty talented bunch, yet they also seem to have very little foresight or concern for even major issues until things completely blow up...
    To piggy-back on that, this game has received so much "success" yet the team is still "small." I mean that excuse for stuff is running a bit thin after 4 years as well.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    An apology and a promise to make things right. I like that guys style.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Albatroes said:

IceAge said:

Reading Wizardry Post ..

Well I guess if you see wanting a company to implement a method that prevents 2 people from claiming an entire ward and trying to resell it to people as wanting to be catered to, then I guess it is. But I also know people cannot be surprised that this was going to happen since its happened when wards were first introduced and when new wards were added to each area. The entire system is just flawed. Linking one house to one account per server would definitely slow the problem without them having add to server costs. People can't honestly act like theres completely no houses on no servers either though. There's just no housing on the servers they WANT. So that is another point people should consider and also I think SE is still offering free transfers to people off of congested server on to lower population ones with unlimited gil transfer.

As getting a house on a server you WANT is central to the utility of it, that makes it the issue of focus. Houses on servers they don't want to play on are properly irrelevant to them.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I have never seen a game with housing issues like this. SOE I think you can afford some more servers just for housing. I mean it's not like the housing is in an open world area. It's a zone!