Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone excited for Lost Ark Online?

13»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    wormed said:
    Wizardry said:
    Oh hell no,it looks like another Diablo clone and carrying the stereotypical Asian over sized armor and weapons and ridiculously fast animations.Terrible small laneway maps just like the POE and Diablo maps.

Worst of all combat is not action ,it is SPAM spam and more spam and not just spam overpowered spam.Even when combat it is not spam it is downright silly with some tank class being able to lasso and corral  a whole group of enemy and basically easy mode control and kill them.If you want or need easy mode combat,these games are for you,to me it looks silly and not challenging and not fun.

What else is expected from Korean games?Buildings will be nothing more than 2d back drops,they will not have any insides or working doors.

Basically everything that i don't like about my online gaming.
    Any game with an isometric view is going to be called a Diablo clone. When will that die? You know, seeing as how Diablo wasn't even the first game to really do that style in the first place. Some people like the Korean style of oversized armor/weapons. Which game do you play again? Not sure on how "laneway" the maps are since the game has barely been shown. It could potentially have those maps but nobody knows.

Which game isn't spamming of skills? I'm sure you've never played a skill-based game in your life from the sounds of it.
    He doesn't play games.  He just comes on this site to let us know how much he hates them.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Heck yeah!  It's from Korea, so you KNOW it's good!
    Kyleran
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited October 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    Decided to watch a stream of the game. First instance showed a timer countdown. Sorry, it's already bad enough people rush through content without timers. I have no desire to have an in-game mechanic influence my play style. :neutral:

Personally I love that.  When you're on other people's time you should not be allowed to be a burden or stand around taking screenshots.

IF that's the way you want to play great!  Just find other people who want to do it with you instead of being dead weight.

Edit: To clarify, I think that there should only be a timer on matchmaking/LFG scenarios.  Solo/Pre-Made should be able to do whatever the hell you want unless it's just part of that particular dungeon mechanic.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Devillion or whatever it was called was so goddam boring. I really hope they do this one right
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    yup waiting for it and lineage eternal, ill only but if its worth it though.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'm no longer excited for Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:
    This thread is from Nov 2015......

The game has been delayed for over 2 years in Korea because Smilegate is realizing that the market for MMO-ARPGs is shrinking.

Not a single MMO-ARPG hybrid has done well so far.

Rumors are that beta feedback hasnt been all that great and that they are so overbudget with the delays that its questionable what they end up doing with this.

its questionable if this ever comes to the west at this point
    Given that Smilegate abruptly cancelled "SkySaga" development after four years, "Lost Ark" may have a shaky future if the rumours of poor beta feedback are true...
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    DMKano said:

The game has been delayed for over 2 years in Korea because Smilegate is realizing that the market for MMO-ARPGs is shrinking.

Rumors are that beta feedback hasnt been all that great and that they are so overbudget with the delays that its questionable what they end up doing with this.

Kano, not gonna lie. I love seeing your replies, but when have had a positive reply towards anything? ;)
    ElonMusk
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    JakeSim said:
    DMKano said:

Kano, not gonna lie. I love seeing your replies, but when have had a positive reply towards anything? ;)

This is the result of a middle aged, single and very lonely man. Hasn't experienced happiness in a long time probably. So seeing other people experiencing it, isn't ok for him. Psychology 101. taker easy
    Kyleran
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited June 2019
    Freaking necro threads.
    Kyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Arterius said:
    I have been looking forward to Lost Ark coming to the West for a while. Its MTX will decide if I play or not. 
    Basically this, it looks interesting, and I wouldn't mind playing an MMO-ARPG, but if it's the typical MTX / time gating BS then no thanks.
  • hackerzizonhackerzizon Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    Still hype and there will be assassin :) soon
    ahnbyungchan twitch