Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate Battle Royale's 10 Million Players with an 'EPIC' Infographic - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCelebrate Battle Royale's 10 Million Players with an 'EPIC' Infographic - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - Epic has announced that over ten million players have participated in Fortnite's Battle Royale mode since the free to play add-on to the main game. To celebrate the big moment, a new "EPIC" infogrphic has been released to show off some of the staggering numbers players have achieved.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The numbers were fun and all after the whole thing with PUBG but now I'd like them to stop swinging their e-junk around.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Would've been impressed if this was for their original game. Sadly, these numbers are only good because they literally copied something else that was already doing well. The only number I'd like to see is how much profit they've made off of this 'free to play' venture. I have a feeling they're losing money atm.
  • ysn888ysn888 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    mcrippins said:
    Would've been impressed if this was for their original game. Sadly, these numbers are only good because they literally copied something else that was already doing well. The only number I'd like to see is how much profit they've made off of this 'free to play' venture. I have a feeling they're losing money atm.
    Losing money ?  They made amazing advertisement with this. Its priceless for a gaming company . 
  • M1tankerr460M1tankerr460 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Wish i could see those numbers in Paragon, the community has dropped a lot..... I see so many of the same people constantly which i don't mind but Paragon has such great potential. Good to see though Epic Games is having a positive reaction to Fortnite
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wish i could see those numbers in Paragon, the community has dropped a lot..... I see so many of the same people constantly which i don't mind but Paragon has such great potential. Good to see though Epic Games is having a positive reaction to Fortnite

For a traditional MOBA I agree.  I just can't stand them, so the only one I play is Gigantic because it is actually Player VS Player and player vs towers.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Paragon was always kind of destined to do eh because of Smite. Sure Paragon looks prettier but honestly Smite has more depth and I dont know how Paragon does their hero pricing but Smite lets you get them all and future ones for a flat cost which is on sale at least twice a year.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Paragon has always struck me as a lifeless game. It's incredibly difficult to immerse oneself into because of its slow pace, boring character kits, and an almost complete lack of personality.

It's a game that I want to like, because it's a genuinely well polished, customer friendly MOBA, but I believe that Epic permanently crippled the game with the card system, while simultaneously failing to create any sense of lore, continuity, or intrigue in its world. One would think that lore would not matter in a moba, but lore is a valuable tool for player investment. It's fun to see character's banter. It's fun to grow attached to your main's personality or grow to hate particular characters. Paragon has none of that.
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    battle royale game modes are copied by a ton of games

glad epic/fortnite ran with it

gonna be more games like this, trust me

pubg has ton of issues, fortnite has its share of issues, someone else will make a really polished iterated version of the battle royale and it will be sweet

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    Fun game sadly its become unplayable due to the rampant cheating, that epic seems to have no clue and how to control. ATM their anti cheat program is simply demanding the player base record presumed cheaters and submit it to support, which takes ten times as long as the cheaters take to make a new account and continue to play.

Stay away from this game until they properly address the rampant aimbots and wall hacks.