Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long until Path of Fire sale?

WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
How long after the releases of Guildwars 2 and  the expansions did they end up going on sale? Im wondering when PoF will go on sale. I can wait a couple of months I don need to play right now.
Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/468714/how-long-until-sale#YhEboq5VL0j2JWRX.99

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    The first expansion (Heart of Thorns) went on sale about a year after, I believe.

The base game is Free-to-Play, so the expansion is a key way of monetizing players. I don't see it going on sale anytime soon. What they generally like to do is put cash-shop stuff on sale during events, not the new expansions themselves.

I expect Heart of Thorns to go on sale soon though. Or they might bundle it free for anyone who owns PoF, something along those lines. I don't see people buying HoT much at this point.

It's probably best to get PoF sooner rather than later, as you'll have a lot of people playing through the zones today. A year down the line, perhaps less so.
    Kyleran
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I already own HoT. I was just wondering about PoF. I guess ill buy it soon. But if peopel arent going to be playing the expansion in a year time then its probably not a good expansion. HoT i still crowded 2 years latr
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Wedlen said:
    I already own HoT. I was just wondering about PoF. I guess ill buy it soon. But if peopel arent going to be playing the expansion in a year time then its probably not a good expansion. HoT i still crowded 2 years latr
    I believe they do the mega server tech right?

If so it would appear crowded in most cases.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Kyleran said:
    Wedlen said:
    I believe they do the mega server tech right?

If so it would appear crowded in most cases.
    Yeah they do Mega Server / hidden channels pretty much so it will never really seem dead especially if the game retains the same size population. 
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Heart of Thorns for me went on sale when the new expansion was brought up.
    Though i never bothered, I had done all i could do in GW pre HoT expansion, (except dungeons and any other must be grouped to do stuff), being new or never done any of the group content (Except world raid boss's) you was just shunned, so once i had done everything and got bored doing the world boss's i just stopped playing, did not think purchasing HoT was worth the cost, not if you wasnt gonna get grouped.

I went back to ESO and a couple of other hop in and out MMO's as well as survival games and other games to play. In fact even though GW2 is still installed i have not bothered to even update it over the past 3-4 mths and am currently thinking of un-installing.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Heart of Thorns for me went on sale when the new expansion was brought up.
    You should have stopped typing there.
    Harbinger of Fools
This discussion has been closed.