Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've had this warning tag since May......

2»

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Over the years this sites moderation system has gone from bad to worse. People will get instantly mod'd for crapping on GW2 but not WoW, etc. Often whether you are an "internet threat" or not is based 100% on which games mods happen to love.
    KyleranYashaX
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Over the years this sites moderation system has gone from bad to worse. People will get instantly mod'd for crapping on GW2 but not WoW, etc. Often whether you are an "internet threat" or not is based 100% on which games mods happen to love.
    Well I kinda like the warning thing being there, although I was totally confused and didn't know where the warning was because it doesn't go to the in-box like it used to it goes to a Notifications thing under the profile.

And yeah real trolls don't care if they get banned or not they just keep making account after account different IP address each time.

The warning system here could use some improvements though like to allow a user to click the warning tag and see what they did wrong would be awesome <3.
    MrMelGibsonYashaX
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I'm mild flavored:

Only putted a wild west ball of dust (gif) into this http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7210027/#Comment_7210027
    (No Man's Sky - Tips For Starting Out) and someone went:

MadFrenchieTheScavengerGreatness

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    So yeah how long does the warning tag stay on these days do they still expire every 6 months without new infractions?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Renoaku said:
    So yeah how long does the warning tag stay on these days do they still expire every 6 months without new infractions?
    pretty sure mine is +6 months now lol. I think its been quite a bit longer
    Moxom914

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    They do this if you've been flagged for violating rules in a mild or moderate manner or whatever manner. 

I msged the staff and got them to remove it cuz I've been a good boy, apparently, the staff missed that i'm a russian bot which was postulated by another poster. 

Cryomatrix
    YashaX
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    I dont see any of these warnings on anybody. Are they something you only see in your own profile?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I dont see any of these warnings on anybody. Are they something you only see in your own profile?
    Yea, you only see them on your own.

I've been sitting at Medium for months now.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited February 2018
    Glad to know I'm not alone! Unfortunately I'm only mild ;(

Although I am amazed that some people can go on posting here after saying some quite insulting things to other posters (usually to Slapshot!), while there are some of you who never seem to lose your cool but have been slapped with warnings.
    TheScavenger
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:
    Glad to know I'm not alone!
    We're all on parole for life :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    YashaX said:
    Glad to know I'm not alone! Unfortunately I'm only mild ;(

Although I am amazed that some people can go on posting here after saying some quite insulting things to other posters (usually to Slapshot!), while there are some of you who never seem to lose your cool but have been slapped with warnings.
    A lot of it has to do with people reporting.  I simply think that the best defense is to let people talk.  All someone is doing when they insult other posters is undermining their own cause.  IMHO folks are just too sensitive. 

Harbingers need to to have a think skin.  At least when we assume corporeal form.

YashaXTheScavenger

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited February 2018
    Medium, since May as well. Nice to see I'm in good company.

Got mine for accidentally posting a link to Pantheon in the Ashes referral code thread. :wink:
    YashaXSlapshot1188TheScavenger
    --------------------------------------------
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Medium, since May as well. Nice to see I'm in good company.

Got mine for accidentally posting a link to Pantheon in the Ashes referral code thread. :wink:
    Lmao totally worth it! ;)
    TheScavenger

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    mine has had the "mild" tag for the better part of a year. no clue why.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I don't even have one of these, that's my street cred right down the drain. :)
    Amathe