Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghosties & Ghoulies & Things That Go Bump in the Night Coming Your Way - Dark and Light - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGhosties & Ghoulies & Things That Go Bump in the Night Coming Your Way - Dark and Light - MMORPG.com

Dark and Light News - Over the next weeks, the Dark & Light team will be releasing more information about big things coming to the game. Players can look forward to new town decorations that add a Halloween theme to any town or structure. Goblin candies, a Jack-o-lantern helmet, a new weapon called Fusil that can shoot silver or candy bullets, werewolves, Halloween goblins, elite Dark Reapers and a new Magicka base House Shield that keeps unwanted folks or hostiles out are also being added.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited October 2017
    My question here is; can you tame there werewolves?! :D Although I did notice there is a transformation rune which is cool I guess
    samurai225TheScavenger

imageimage

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280

TaishiFox said:

My question here is; can you tame there werewolves?! :D Although I did notice there is a transformation rune which is cool I guess

Not as cool as taming one.
    SBFord

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Better than doing nothing for holidays, which is what half of games do these days. Might re-install and see how the game has progressed.
    NiftyNick
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So out of all the werewolf concepts, they had to copy Rift's?
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    watching paint dry or try this game again?

Well back to watching paint...
    Tiller

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Awesome, I will have to check this out.

Born To Dream
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    DMKano said:
    Looking at steam charts - this game fell off fast.
    I never got the impression it would live up to the hype I was seeing from some prior to release.

It was the same for Conan Exiles, in my opinion.
    wingood

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

DMKano said:

Looking at steam charts - this game fell off fast.

I never got the impression it would live up to the hype I was seeing from some prior to release.

It was the same for Conan Exiles, in my opinion.

The market is over-saturated. There's already like 2-3 more announced last month that are gonna go in EA or alpha/beta. But lets be honest, it was never really Snail's intention to release this game as something serious since they pretty much slapped the game together last year. We didn't even get a "gameplay" trailer for it until the end of last year, oh but they could surely toss out some gifs and pretty screen shots that probably took them hours to take given how the game handles or has been handling. My prediction for this time next year is that its f2p with a but load of microtransactions or just shut down. Snail games never had a goof track record in the west.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Came here hoping for a super ghouls and ghosts remake but only found dark and light :(
    RemyVorender
  • LochesarbLochesarb Member CommonPosts: 1
    A little background of who I am will help. I started to game when the original game pong came out. I fell in love with Zork, and from that point, I was hooked. I feel that I have much experience when it comes to reviewing games. I have many games played and had found a number of them that has given me more than my money's worth.

I wanted to take a few minutes and review Dark and light. We all know it is the spawn of Ark, but not really, it is well done in a fantasy realm. The game is PC intensive..so make sure your drivers and pc can handle the game to get the most out of what the game designers have developed. We are all aware it is in early access. It will lag, it will error, and it can be frustrating. The Battle Hammer guys have worked hard to make sure the game on the server we run is enjoyable, and we keep up with the latest patch. It will still have issues every so often, and that is expected in an early access game. I want to ensure that when you invest in the game, you better be ready to be a little frustrated because the game is not care-bear easy. It is a tough one if you try to go it alone too long.
    I work with the founders of Battle House Gaming, and we are hosting a server. We have done some extensive testing and have decided that this game is well worth the cost associated with it.
    You choose a faction, Elf, Human, Dwarf.

You start out pretty much a newb and have to try to survive. It is not too bad if you follow the tutorial and just watch what is going on around you.

You are a member of your faction, so if you can hook up with others in your camp, you are better off. Guilds are called houses and are easy to form. You meet up with a friend or person hover your cursor over them and press the letter “E” they then will get a prompt to join if they choose. It is a PvP game, and the factions tend to stick together and hunt each other out after some time.

I like to open servers and host servers for people to enjoy. I am a very busy person who loves to take time to play a game and not feel I wasted my time. If you want to join us, that would be great. We have three very active admins, and the server is maintained and taken care of daily. We do not allow griefing and have tweaked the game a bit to make it enjoyable. Look for our server. Battle House Gaming among the Unofficial servers. Look up Lochesarb and say hello….or visit our Facebook Page. Hope to see you online and in-game.

PS:
    I see the Dev.s putting a patch out almost everyweek. Many feel its not going to be finished..I disagree. I have seen many games end and not be finished, I really think they are trying to put this one out and make it a game for many to enjoy

Sarb
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I put a TON of hours into this game the first couple weeks it was out and haven't touched it since. Fantastic game but i think im going to wait another 6 months before i return
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Game still takes me forever to load. Not fun.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey