Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10,000 Free Steam Games (SPONSORED) - General Developer Journals

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

image10,000 Free Steam Games (SPONSORED) - General Developer Journals

Massive giveaway is here! A special event for gamers has just begun! Join Bananatic's worldwide community and collect prizes!

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• AelosxAelosx Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I got excited too...
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    BillMurphyAsm0deusQuicksandOctagon7711frostymug[Deleted User]Beezerbeez[Deleted User]Comanjimmywolfand 3 others.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Xarko said:

Holy god that made me LOL.
    RemyVorenderTsiyaOctagon7711Ghavrigg

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    We are not available in your country.... gg :/
    Phry
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    April 1st? No....

Then WTF is this? Some kind of Despicable Me online spinoff?
    BillMurphyXarkoAsm0deus

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    referal link, no thank you
    ghostfaeries
  • OldViking013OldViking013 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Anyone got a cool game? i got space pelgrim Episode. I don't even know what that is
    Xarko
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Pretty sure that this should've started with
    "Check out the regions that are allowed to participate in the giveaway - PL, DE, AT, CH, FR, BE, US, CA, AU, UK, RU, ES+Latam, NL, IT, SE, DK"
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Far too much effort for some random steam key.
    TsiyaXarkoghostfaeriesAlomarScotty787Hariken

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I got "Turn Around"... won't be playing. :D

My Review Manifesto

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    As a critical consumer, my question is: what's the catch? Of course, nobody gives away free stuff, so I wonder: what happens with the data collected? What's the actual business model?

Also, I happen to find a lack of privacy policy disturbing, as it's mentioned in the terms and conditions. Also, there is no cookie disclaimer, which means the whole business is not compliant with EU laws.

The final point I want to make it the link to G2A pay and thus G2A, which is well-known for its 'legal' key controversies.

Is this something MMORPG really wants to affiliate with?
    RexKushmanwinghaven1SiphaedJeffSpicoliOctagon7711AlomarFrankVLucasYoofaloofxyzercrimethomas122226and 1 other.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

Freezzo said:

As a critical consumer, my question is: what's the catch? Of course, nobody gives away free stuff, so I wonder: what happens with the data collected? What's the actual business model?

Also, I happen to find a lack of privacy policy disturbing, as it's mentioned in the terms and conditions. Also, there is no cookie disclaimer, which means the whole business is not compliant with EU laws.

The final point I want to make it the link to G2A pay and thus G2A, which is well-known for its 'legal' key controversies.

Definitely something fishy going on with this, I certainly won't be taking part in it.
    JeffSpicoli

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Click Bait
    JeffSpicoliOzmodan
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Anyone got a cool game? i got space pelgrim Episode. I don't even know what that is

I got this as well. I wonder if its just indie games they are giving away or something
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited October 2017
    What is MMORPG.com devolving into.
    JeffSpicoliAlomarThebeasttt
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    No thanks ^^
    JeffSpicoli
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

clearly says SPONSORED, tho ..
    [Deleted User]KoriantPanther2103
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

jgDuffay said:

clearly says SPONSORED, tho ..
    Still... giving a platform to this nonsense.
    Then again, it also gives a platform for my nonsense... :P
    JeffSpicoliSpottyGekko
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited October 2017
    What the hell is this? Cmon MMORPG are you that desperate for a few sheckles?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I received Winexy.
    I won't be playing it.
    Far too much crap to go through to come out with this game.
    Don't waste your time peoples, move along.
  • MadBettyMadBetty Member UncommonPosts: 3

Freezzo said:

Hi, G2A Pay is just a payment processor, we do not have any additional links to that company. We do not purchase games or any other products from third party retailers - only direct/official publishers or distributors. The business model is simple - we promote games :) and award users who decide to spend their time on playing.
    RexKushman
  • VeraLPVeraLP Member CommonPosts: 1
    nice
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I began the process but didn't complete it so won't be rewarded a game. By the sounds of it the games being rewarded are less than desirable in some cases. I too am surprised, not determining it is good or bad, MMORPG is willing to be affiliated with something part of that G2A, but money makes the world go around.
  • MadBettyMadBetty Member UncommonPosts: 3

I began the process but didn't complete it so won't be rewarded a game. By the sounds of it the games being rewarded are less than desirable in some cases. I too am surprised, not determining it is good or bad, MMORPG is willing to be affiliated with something part of that G2A, but money makes the world go around.

As I mentioned before - we use G2A Pay - financial system / payment gateway. G2A Pay is not G2A Marketplace. We have choosen this solution because of many possibilities - there are many different payment methods for the users. Most financial providers want to cooperate with this system. We find no interest in marketplace as it is not our target and we wish to cooperate only with official codes' distributors.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Yeah, if the games are truly random then "no". I think there are people who would love this though. My time at the PAX events have shown me that there are people who just love games and will play just about anything.

I'm not one of those people.
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo