Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you NOT playing Elite: Dangerous?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited October 2017
    Teala said:
    I still play now and then, but until they add space-legs, space cantinas, and the ability to actually inter-act with other NPC's and players in stations it's basically just a space-sim.  Besides you can only grind so many credits before you wonder what you'll do with the millions you hoarded.  I also wish they had a better character creator...it's good, but it could be better.  Not enough sliders to make fine adjustments. 

BTW here is a pic of my character - CMDR Khavi Kitamatsu of the Sorento(cargo vessal).

Are there plans to add the things you mentioned, or are they just something hoped for?

It has always seemed to me this game just isn't finished yet, still waiting for the "full game" to launch....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    LeFantome said:
    No one is playing?

I think a lot of people are. I constantly run into other commanders. What game are you playing?

You're not playing the same game as us, for sure. The game is empty. OP, I stop playing because there is not enough content and the grind is way to real for me.
    I sure am! In fact, I probably play more than you do for sure, and I can tell ya it's far from empty. There's solo play, and group play, but not empty. There's actually a surprising amount of people in open play.

You know, jumping through a gate and finding 400 ships surrounding it and locked on your hull is a "surprising amount of people", what sort of numbers are you talking about? 

B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kyleran said:
    LeFantome said:
    No one is playing?

I think a lot of people are. I constantly run into other commanders. What game are you playing?

You're not playing the same game as us, for sure. The game is empty. OP, I stop playing because there is not enough content and the grind is way to real for me.
    I sure am! In fact, I probably play more than you do for sure, and I can tell ya it's far from empty. There's solo play, and group play, but not empty. There's actually a surprising amount of people in open play.

You know, jumping through a gate and finding 400 ships surrounding it and locked on your hull is a "surprising amount of people", what sort of numbers are you talking about? 

B)
    4 ish  ;-)

Up to 40 in a player gathering for making a video or a multi-stage player race  (but those 40 do not fight ... they make figures in space with their ships and fool around on Teamspeak).

No, its far from EVE ... no drunken Russian fleet commander screaming expletives at their battleship wings in an English/Russian language mix..... "Primary SirMolle ..der'mo !....SirMolle Primary .... align you bastards or I eat your balls myself .... SirMolle primary .. WARP WARP WARP..... pridurki .....FUCK YOU ... "  (incoherent russian curses and mumbling and grumbling ..... clinking of empty Vodka bottles)

Have fun
    [Deleted User]KyleranJamesGoblin
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:
    Kyleran said:
    LeFantome said:
    No one is playing?

B)
    4 ish  ;-)

Up to 40 in a player gathering for making a video or a multi-stage player race  (but those 40 do not fight ... they make figures in space with their ships and fool around on Teamspeak).

Have fun

Most of the larger gatherings are exploration orientated,

To be honest it's pointless comparing wing/fleet sizes because one game is not trying to be the other. EVE is centered around large scale combat unlike Elite, which has always been more about the solo guy/girl making their way in the galaxy.
    There are plenty that wish it was EVE v2 but that's never going to happen.
    ErillionghettocelebKyleran
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Think i've played most versions of Elite over the years, got hooked on the original, even liked Frontiers, so when E:D came around, i bought it without hesitation, i don't play it religiously but i drop into it now and then as its a good game, it helps that i have a flightstick as its definitely the best way to play the game, i know it has multiplayer, but honestly i prefer to play it as a single player game, i am not sure multiplayer even adds anything to the game yet? but its a good game so i will likely keep on playing for a good long while yet. :p
    klash2def
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Simulator, not game. That's why I don't play it.

It's full of redundant activities that serve no purpose other than to simulate and take up time for no reason other than... to simulate.

I get that it's what some people like. Me, though, I hate it.

Also, it's not an RPG. Not in the video game genre sense (you know, you could role play sonic the hedgehog if you choose to think that way but it's not an RPG).
    GdemamiAsm0deusKyleranJamesGoblin
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited October 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Teala said:
    I still play now and then, but until they add space-legs, space cantinas, and the ability to actually inter-act with other NPC's and players in stations it's basically just a space-sim.  Besides you can only grind so many credits before you wonder what you'll do with the millions you hoarded.  I also wish they had a better character creator...it's good, but it could be better.  Not enough sliders to make fine adjustments. 

BTW here is a pic of my character - CMDR Khavi Kitamatsu of the Sorento(cargo vessal).

Are there plans to add the things you mentioned, or are they just something hoped for?

It has always seemed to me this game just isn't finished yet, still waiting for the "full game" to launch....
    Perhaps but we were told it wont be anytime soon.  Pretty sure they will finish up landing on planets first as this is in horizons but only implemented half arsed, as in you can't land on all planets especially ones that would have an atmosphere where there would be life.

It's part of what I mean by it's like a huge sandbox but with no sandbox tools.
    GdemamiKyleran

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited October 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    Eldurian said:
    Is Elite Dangerous actually an MMO? (Serious question, I'd appreciate an answer from someone who uses a proper definition of the term.)

Edit: Someone mentioned the grind. Is there a major grind and is it a typical situation where you are pretty much helpless against older players until you finish it?
    ED is a single player game with any kind of story ripped out, hardly any kind of group play all mashed into a sandbox where people like klash2def will say you're not playing right when you say there's not much to do.
    its a sandbox not a saltbox saltbae. you need to kinda idk.. figure out what/who you are in the universe? Have you ever played a sandbox game?

"Much to do" is really based on your own willingness to explore the game.

The game is not built for people to stay in the initial area, with the initial ship doing the initial missions. 

edit: 
    They are adding things to the game of course as i said its not perfect but its not just "truck sim in space" as you are implying. For one i don't deliver anything i play strictly combat.. bounty hunter to be exact..good creds.. others play explorers, powerplayers so forth etc..

lol they literally built a galaxy for you to play in and you say there is nothing at all to do. Just say you don't like the game because you couldn't figure out docking and move on. nobody will lose sleep..
    Post edited by klash2def on
    Phry
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited October 2017
    I am not sure if it would classify as making me not to play the game but there are 2 things that definitely hinder my enjoyment of the game:

1) bigger ship = better ship

ship selection is to my taste way too narrow and limited and so are ship fitting options

2) out of ship experience

planetary landings, commanders and alike that takes away from flying spaceships

This was a huge letdown to me.

The game is also bit too much to me of airplanes in space but that is I think I can live with. Overall the game is great though.
    edited October 2017
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Eldurian said:
    Is Elite Dangerous actually an MMO? (Serious question, I'd appreciate an answer from someone who uses a proper definition of the term.)

Edit: Someone mentioned the grind. Is there a major grind and is it a typical situation where you are pretty much helpless against older players until you finish it?
    ED is a single player game with any kind of story ripped out, hardly any kind of group play all mashed into a sandbox where people like klash2def will say you're not playing right when you say there's not much to do.
    its a sandbox not a saltbox saltbae. you need to kinda idk.. figure out what/who you are in the universe? Have you ever played a sandbox game?

The game is not built for people to stay in the initial area, with the initial ship doing the initial missions. 

edit: 
    They are adding things to the game of course as i said its not perfect but its not just "truck sim in space" as you are implying. For one i don't deliver anything i play strictly combat.. bounty hunter to be exact.. others play explorers, powerplayers so forth etc..

lol they literally built a galaxy for you to play in and you say there is nothing at all to do. Just say you don't like the game and move on. nobody will lose sleep..
    Dude I like the game enough that I backed it, yes yes I do know what the hell I am talking about. Now it's great you think it's super duper but trying to blow smoke up people's backside wont help the game.

Compare it to other games and it's pretty shallow in it's current state.   Sure there's a whole galaxy but you can't really interact much with it, which is how elite was designed, you're not meant to be the hero you're meant to be just a shmuck that has little impact on anything around you.

Even the CG's do not have that much of an impact.

Sure you can meta in your head and say I am a bounty hunter......which is what I do mostly meta stuff in my head but that gets old pretty quick with the lack of tools in game.

The game needs:

fully explorable planets, planets with life too, not the half baked iteration we have now.
    space legs
    the ability to build our own hangers or group up to make small player stations
    the ability to trade with others and not just the stations
    a reason to want to do the above.

You guys really want an idea of what to expect read the whole of this thread:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/379458-Season-2-ended-How-was-it-for-season-pass-holders-and-casual-players

It's a recent one which is about the Horizons season pass, btw there will be no more season pass as FD are dropping that... you really need to wonder why heh lol

Gdemami

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Eldurian said:

edit: 
    They are adding things to the game of course as i said its not perfect but its not just "truck sim in space" as you are implying. For one i don't deliver anything i play strictly combat.. bounty hunter to be exact.. others play explorers, powerplayers so forth etc..

lol they literally built a galaxy for you to play in and you say there is nothing at all to do. Just say you don't like the game and move on. nobody will lose sleep..
    Dude I like the game enough that I backed it, yes yes I do know what the hell I am talking about. Now it's great you think it's super duper but trying to blow smoke up people's backside wont help the game.

Compare it to other games and it's pretty shallow in it's current state.   Sure there's a whole galaxy but you can't really interact much with it, which is how elite was designed, you're not meant to be the hero you're meant to be just a shmuck that has little impact on anything around you.

Even the CG's do not have that much of an impact.

Sure you can meta in your head and say I am a bounty hunter......which is what I do mostly meta stuff in my head but that gets old pretty quick with the lack of tools in game.

The game needs:

fully explorable planets, planets with life too, not the half baked iteration we have now.
    space legs
    the ability to build our own hangers or group up to make small player stations
    the ability to trade with others and not just the stations
    a reason to want to do the above.
    Compared to what other games? Star Citizen? (LOL no) NMS? (Not a bad comparison) EVE? (Not a bad comparison) ED is just as polished as those if not more in some cases. 

Elite Dangerous is basically coming to us in parts. The actual base game itself IS IN FACT.. really polished. Please tell me how polished SC is in its 4th year of alpha or whatever it is.. 

You say the forums are full of people complaining.. that's with every game. Its not because the game is technically not right. Its mostly people asking for what they think the game should be, or how they would improve it. There are technical issues for SOME people ofc but its not a big enough thing where you can claim ED is unpolished. That's just misinformation.  

All the things you say you want in the game are in the works. All ED players want those things. They have given us no ETAs only that they hear the players asking for these things and its being worked on. You are not the first.. they know and they are going to add those things. They do not rush content out though just because people are crying about it, and I respect that.

I'd rather them take as much time as needed and give us something really good than to give us some bs after a few months of development and charge us for its "alpha testing"

The whole "You are not the hero" thing is exactly why the game appeals to myself and many others. 

Again I did not say the game is without shortcomings.. it has them like every other game. I named some of them in a previous post..it does not take away from the experience intended which was a sandbox styled space simulation. The fact that they are listening and plan on adding requested features is a plus. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

edited October 2017
    klash2def said:
    ...snip...
    Compared to what other games? Star Citizen? (LOL no) NMS? (Not a bad comparison) EVE? (Not a bad comparison) ED is just as polished as those if not more in some cases. 

Elite Dangerous is basically coming to us in parts. The actual base game itself IS IN FACT.. really polished. Please tell me how polished SC is in its 4th year of alpha or whatever it is.. 

You say the forums are full of people complaining.. that's with every game. Its not because the game is technically not right. Its mostly people asking for what they think the game should be, or how they would improve it. There are technical issues for SOME people ofc but its not a big enough thing where you can claim ED is unpolished. That's just misinformation.  

All the things you say you want in the game are in the works. All ED players want those things. They have given us no ETAs only that they hear the players asking for these things and its being worked on. You are not the first.. they know and they are going to add those things. They do not rush content out though just because people are crying about it, and I respect that.

I'd rather them take as much time as needed and give us something really good than to give us some bs after a few months of development and charge us for its "alpha testing"

The whole "You are not the hero" thing is exactly why the game appeals to myself and many others. 

Again I did not say the game is without shortcomings.. it has them like every other game. I named some of them in a previous post..it does not take away from the experience intended which was a sandbox styled space simulation. The fact that they are listening and plan on adding requested features is a plus. 
    People can go read the thread I am not interested in recreating it here,  Like I said in another post NMS has more to do right now than FD, it just doesn't look as good graphic wise and the flight combat is not as good.

Basically there are some people than think FD can do no wrong and have built the bestest most amazing space game EVA and some that think what has been added is pretty lame and not well done.

It's up to everyone here to decide which camp they are in or hopefully like myself are not in either and think ED has lots of possibilities but that FD need to get a clue and actually use the money people give them on the game rather than on their "other games" and then give us poorly implemented and half arsed content.

It's pretty clear you don't agree with me and that's okay.

Oh and you're the one spreading wrong information, not all those things are in the works, we MIGHT get space legs and full planet landing sometime, somewhere in a future far far away...

We don't really know beyond 2.4 what is in the works barring they said previously this next "expansion or season" was just updating what we have now as they realize it lacks polish......

Gdemami

edited October 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    People can go read the thread I am not interested in recreating it here,  Like I said in another post NMS has more to do right now that FD, it just doesn't look as good graphic wise and the flight combat is not as good.

Basically there are some people than think FD can do no wrong and have built the bestest most amazing space game EVA and some that think what has been added is pretty lame and not well done.

It's up to everyone here to decide which camp they are in or hopefully like myself are not in either and think ED has lots of possibilities but that FD need to get a clue and  actually use the money people give them on the game rather than on their "other games" and then give us poorly implemented and half arsed content.

lol I like how you are putting all the ED players in 2 boxes.. either "They can do no wrong, best space game EVA" or "Pretty lame additions not well done."

I'm neither of those.. i'm more a "I want them to add all these things to improve it, but I can wait patiently because I'm patient and want a high quality product" type of person. 

EDIT: How do you know for sure they aren't using the money they made (not gave to them, they sold a product) on ED? Where did you get this info from or are you just taking a guess? If so what is your guess based on? 
    rpmcmurphy

edited October 2017
    Sept 26th 2017 Updates BTW.. 

edited October 2017
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:
    People can go read the thread I am not interested in recreating it here,  Like I said in another post NMS has more to do right now that FD, it just doesn't look as good graphic wise and the flight combat is not as good.

It's up to everyone here to decide which camp they are in or hopefully like myself are not in either and think ED has lots of possibilities but that FD need to get a clue and  actually use the money people give them on the game rather than on their "other games" and then give us poorly implemented and half arsed content.

lol I like how you are putting all the ED players in 2 boxes.. either "They can do no wrong, best space game EVA" or "Pretty lame additions not well done."

I'm neither of those.. i'm more a "I want them to add all these things to improve it, but I can wait patiently because I'm patient and want a high quality product" type of person. 

EDIT: How do you know for sure they aren't using the money they made (not gave to them, they sold a product) on ED? Where did you get this info from or are you just taking a guess? If so what is your guess based on? 
    Go look on their forums it's in one of the threads I forget which one, one of the members posted some tidbits that Braben told his investors in one of their shareholder / street filings or somesuch, as for the other thing I said there are those two camps and then other like me that are hopefully somewhere in the middle, I do not believe you're in that middle area.

You are far far too keen on giving them a pass to be "somewhere in the middle".

Gdemamiklash2defrpmcmurphy

Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:

Go look on their forums it's in one of the threads I forget which on, one of the members posted some tidbits that Braben told his investors in an annual meeting or somesuch, as for the other thing I said there are those two camps and then other like me that are hopefully somewhere in the middle, I do not believe your in that middle area.

Did I say I'm somewhere in the middle? I don't think I did.. Somewhere in the middle of what? Your two boxes of "They can do no wrong best space game EVA" and "Pretty Lame additions not well done" ?

I said I'm personally neither of those.. which means I don't agree with your boxes.. I said I'm patiently waiting for them to add the things I want them to add. I'm not in the forums crying about things they could very well be trying to add. I'm playing the game with other people. I found something in there that I enjoy. I'm only mentioning you because you said my name first as if I'm lying about my experience.

I'm telling people factual info based on my experience in the game. There is a big misconception that its just a truck sim game when that's just not true. You can do that sure but there are other things you can do also. Its all what you make it..like every other sandbox. 

Is it really hard to believe that a person could like the game enough to enjoy it currently? Even without all the tools desired? Is it hard to believe that same person wants them to improve it also so they can have even more fun? What if I told you that person wasn't in the forums complaining about adding features that could be very well in the works? That's me.
    rpmcmurphy

edited October 2017
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:

Go look on their forums it's in one of the threads I forget which on, one of the members posted some tidbits that Braben told his investors in an annual meeting or somesuch, as for the other thing I said there are those two camps and then other like me that are hopefully somewhere in the middle, I do not believe your in that middle area.

Did I say I'm somewhere in the middle? I don't think I did.. Somewhere in the middle of what? Your two boxes of "They can do no wrong best space game EVA" and "Pretty Lame additions not well done" ?

I said I'm personally neither of those.. which means I don't agree with your boxes.. I said I'm patiently waiting for them to add the things I want them to add. I'm not in the forums crying about things they could very well be trying to add. I'm playing the game with other people. I found something in there that I enjoy. I'm only mentioning you because you said my name first as if I'm lying about my experience.

I'm telling people factual info based on my experience in the game. There is a big misconception that its just a truck sim game when that's just not true. You can do that sure but there are other things you can do also. Its all what you make it..like every other sandbox. 

Is it really hard to believe that a person could like the game enough to enjoy it currently? Even without all the tools desired? Is it hard to believe that same person wants them to improve it also so they can have even more fun? What if I told you that person wasn't in the forums complaining about adding features that could be very well in the works? That's me.
    Hogwash your info is faulty and wrong not to mention when you say, "I'm patiently waiting for them to add the things I want them to add" you are essentially trying to claim you're neither a hater or white knight and that means you're somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.

You are not, you are clearly in the shadragon camp.

Again I think the game has lots of potential but it still has quite a few issues and is not "all is rosy and unicorn farts and kisses" like you are trying to make it out to be.

You claim not to be in the forums complaining.... ofc you're not because your in this forum here trying to save poor poor picked on FD from the evil devil you "seem to think" is saying the game is complete crap just because I am not singing it's praises like it's the next coming...when I haven't been saying this at all.  lolz

Maybe you should visit their forums more.....
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Star Citizen is going to release in the next 10 years ?
    rpmcmurphy
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited October 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:

Hogwash your info is faulty and wrong not to mention when you say, "I'm patiently waiting for them to add the things I want them to add" you are essentially trying to claim you're neither a hater or white knight and that means you're somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.

Again I think the game has lots of potential but it still has quite a few issues and is not "all is rosy and unicorn farts and kisses" like you are trying to make it out to be.

You claim not to be in the forums complaining.... ofc you're not because your in this forum here trying to save poor poor picked on FD from the evil devil you "seem to think" is saying the game is complete crap just because I am not singing it's praises like the next coming...when I haven't been saying this at all.  lolz

Maybe you should vist their forums more Mr. Chicken.
    What? You seem to just want someone to argue with. Go back and read my post. Please read slowly. I never once said any of what you are claiming I said. I simply explained what there is to do outside of trucking. I even gave advice to people who cant figure out docking. ED doesn't need defending, I'm just telling the truth according to what I have experienced. I don't play it like a trucking game. I play it like a space sim. 

I never said it was perfect. I even mentioned things I personally think they can improve..

wtf are you talking about. stop making up shit to fit your narrative. 

My info is coming directly from Braben. Please try again or shut up. 

Braben talks about future plans 4 years ago: starts at 4:13 here are some quotes:

"YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE SPACE PORT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE SOMEONE LOADING GOLD INTO A CARGO"

"WE WANT TO DO ALL THESE THINGS RIGHT, THEY WILL NOT BE THERE DAY ONE"

Braben talks about future plans few months ago:

Based on your ("You are not the hero") comments, you seem to want to save the princess and slay dragons.. stay away from space simulators because all you do is experience boring/plain ol space.

Good Morning.

Edit: BTW he wasnt lying. They added landing on planets (the first form of it) a couple years AFTER this video. Its easy to be patient when the devs keep their word. 

edited October 2017
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:

You claim not to be in the forums complaining.... ofc you're not because your in this forum here trying to save poor poor picked on FD from the evil devil you "seem to think" is saying the game is complete crap just because I am not singing it's praises like the next coming...when I haven't been saying this at all.  lolz

What? You seem to just want someone to argue with. Go back and read my post. Please read slowly. I never once said any of what you are claiming I said. I simply explained what there is to do outside of trucking. I even gave advice to people who cant figure out docking. ED doesn't need defending, I'm just telling the truth according to what I have experienced. I don't play it like a trucking game. I play it like a space sim. 

I never said it was perfect. I even mentioned things I personally think they can improve..

Braben talks about future plans 4 years ago: starts at 4:13 here are some quotes:

"YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND THE SPACE PORT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE SOMEONE LOADING GOLD INTO A CARGO"

Based on your comments, you seem to want to save the princess and slay dragons.. stay away from space simulators because all you do is experience boring/plain ol space.

Good Morning.

Again hogwash like I said the stuff mentioned is sometime, somewhere far far in the future, only thing that happened here is you got your knickers in a twist because I had some comment and critiques about the game you didn't agree with.

I will say it again people here just need to go to FD's own forums and read up there to get a pretty good idea of what to expect, They have a nice cross section of what people think about FD and how the updates are.

Oh and please shut up yourself matey.
    Gdemami

Right, and more recently this was said:

Spacelegs (as the community are dubbing them) is something that David B and the development team are very excited by and it’s certainly high on the list of features they would like to make. However, as we’ve mentioned before, “Spacelegs” is something further down the line. After 2.4 we’ll be focusing on the core gameplay experience so it’s not something that we will be announcing at Frontier Expo. I do have to say though, I truly hope that the community are excited by the content being revealed at FX. Only 2 days to go!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/381918-Frontier-Expo-ED-Speculation?p=5990260#post5990260

edited October 2017

Spacelegs (as the community are dubbing them) is something that David B and the development team are very excited by and it’s certainly high on the list of features they would like to make. However, as we’ve mentioned before, “Spacelegs” is something further down the line. After 2.4 we’ll be focusing on the core gameplay experience so it’s not something that we will be announcing at Frontier Expo. I do have to say though, I truly hope that the community are excited by the content being revealed at FX. Only 2 days to go!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/381918-Frontier-Expo-ED-Speculation?p=5990260#post5990260

Exactly by FD's own words it something we will have sometime far far away.  The reason they are focusing on "core gameplay" is due to all the complaints about the "core gameplay".

* mumbles....Shut up indeed* heh.
    Gdemami

edited October 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:
    klash2def said:
    Asm0deus said:

Based on your comments, you seem to want to save the princess and slay dragons.. stay away from space simulators because all you do is experience boring/plain ol space.

Good Morning.

Again hogwash like i said the stuff mentioned is sometime somewhere far far in the future, only thing that happened here is you got your knickers in a twist because I had some comment and critiques about the game you didn't agree with.

I will say it again people here just need to go to FD's own forums and read up there to get a pretty good idea of what to expect, They have a nice cross section of what people think about FD and how the updates are.

Oh and please shut up yourself matey.
    This is how I know you just want to argue. I literally showed you where the guy says he wants to add item x and item a and you still say its hogwash.. why? Because its not happening in the time-frame you want it to?

I never said its happening right away. Stop creating that narrative. I never said all this is coming soon..  I said its happening, its in the works.. and its based on his word. I trust his word over yours when it comes to development of the game sorry.

Edit: please stop trying to create this narrative that I somehow got offended at a critique of the game. That's bullshit and untrue. I simply explained my experience with it to others..then you tried to make it seem as my experience cant be valid because you don't personally like the game as it is currently. My responses shifted from me talking about my experience and giving advice about the game to answering your bs posts. Stop lying.

I never would have  even mentioned you had you not said my name first trying to use my experience to build you own narrative of what you WANT to believe is happening. You literally said and I quote:

"ED is a single player game with any kind of story ripped out, hardly any kind of group play all mashed into a sandbox where people like klash2def will say you're not playing right when you say there's not much to do."

If anything I have been defending myself and my own experience from you trying to invalidate it because you don't like the game. 
    Asm0deus

edited October 2017
    klash2def said:
    ...snip...
    This is how I know you just want to argue. I literally showed you where the guy says he wants to add item x and item a and you still say its hogwash.. why? Because its not happening in the time-frame you want it to?

I never said its happening right away. Stop creating that narrative. I never said all this is coming soon..  I said its happening, its in the works.. and its based on his word. I trust his word over yours when it comes to development of the game sorry.
    Practice what you preach otherwise your armor gets dull real quick. 
    That is all.

Edit: last time I respond to you, your the one that started some narrative and tried to shove me in it, I never said I hated the game or any of the other crap your have just stated of me in your edits.  That's what my hogwash comments are about the  little narrative you started and then proceeded to accuse me of.

I stated what I know and experienced of the game from being a backer before release and onwards and even encouraged people to go to the FD forums so they could get a broader view as sometimes as older player  we can get a bit biased.  You somehow took umbrage to what I was saying and went on a crusade.

Anyways to get back on track:

Frontier Expo 2017

https://www.reddit.com/live/zpss9yz5ok3c

Gdemami

edited October 2017
    Asm0deus said:

Exactly by FD's own words it something we will have sometime far far away.  The reason they are focusing on "core gameplay" is due to all the complaints about the "core gameplay".

* mumbles....Shut up indeed* heh.

But that's not a bad thing.  If they can deepen the core mechanics of the game then great. For example, exploration is acceptable right now, the places you can go are great, some are really impressive but the mechanics behind it are quite lacking, if they improve those things it only makes for a better game.

It'll be interesting to see what they discuss for next year at their expo later on today.

klash2defMadFrenchie