Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Alpha 3.0 out to Evocati player testers

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    yeah thats the innocuous wording. But since all I see above that disclaimer are those 13 or so lines thats what I am saying is in there. It certainly isnt all the 714 lines.

So once again they put out something completely misleading then put their stupid phraseology to work so they can come back later and claim that what they 'meant' was....

All they had to do was list SPECIFICALLY what was added to what the Avocados got. Also another innocuous request is to test the 'balance' of some things. Why? In a game where they cant get out of their own way just delivering a shell they continue to worry about things like 'balancing' and 'usage' how about figuring out if it works at all. While those are important in the grand scheme they arent priorities in the first alpha availability phase. thats like PTU generic if you ask me.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    What are you on about, it's clear an obvious whats being said. They litterly listed what they want them to focus testing on. Also saying;

"Other content and features are in and listed in the notes, but currently not the focus of this testing phase as they undergo bug fixes and polish. Additionally, there's content that is not listed in the notes that are intended for live release and will be added iteratively during the testing cycle."

Read the damn thing.

This is why I can't ever take guys like you seriously. You complain and complain, but yet never take the time to read up on what you're complaining about, which makes your points pointless to read or try and have a discussion. 
    ErillionZandog
    Herase said:
    What are you on about, it's clear an obvious whats being said. They litterly listed what they want them to focus testing on. Also saying;

"Other content and features are in and listed in the notes, but currently not the focus of this testing phase as they undergo bug fixes and polish. Additionally, there's content that is not listed in the notes that are intended for live release and will be added iteratively during the testing cycle."

Read the damn thing.

This is why I can't ever take guys like you seriously. You complain and complain, but yet never take the time to read up on what you're complaining about, which makes your points pointless to read or try and have a discussion. 
    do you think everything in that 714 lines is in the hands of testers right now?
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Yes, cause they literally said everything listed in these notes are in.
    Erillion
    Herase said:
    LOL no they didnt and thats why people expect way too much from this. That document is the WHOLE list of stuff that 3.0 is supposed to give not the 'early' version of the small part they gave testers today.

It also clearly shows why they should simply publish the specific things they DID add. because most people I am sure are like you and think everything in that document is now on the Evocati PTU and 'playable'.

Which it isnt.

Like I said they added 3 planets an asteroid, redid the launcher and the updater. Also added a couple new ships, a new mission interface (I guess thats what they meant) and a couple new missions. Thats it.
    ErillionFrodoFraginsZandog
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I dont know if this will be enough for me to re-download the game.  Flying to an empty planet and admiring the art really is not my cup of tea.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Talonsin said:
    I dont know if this will be enough for me to re-download the game.  Flying to an empty planet and admiring the art really is not my cup of tea.
    You can't fly to any empty planets as far as I know. Empty planets might come later though, I am not sure if they have mentioned adding any. Does anyone know if empty planets are on the list for future works?
    MadFrenchie
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This is going to be interesting with insurance added and pirates camping the planet and moons, next to the mission areas.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Orinori said:
    Talonsin said:
    You can't fly to any empty planets as far as I know. Empty planets might come later though, I am not sure if they have mentioned adding any. Does anyone know if empty planets are on the list for future works?
    They're in the works. Pretty sure that when they initially decided planets wouldn't make the cut they estimated 1 planet in 3.1, another in 3.2, another in 3.3 etc.
    MadFrenchie
    Orinori said:
    Talonsin said:
    They're in the works. Pretty sure that when they initially decided planets wouldn't make the cut they estimated 1 planet in 3.1, another in 3.2, another in 3.3 etc.
    Hmm, I think you are talking about planets with missions, bases, and various points of interest. I am trying to find out about empty planets. I hear the artwork on those things are stunning!
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    rodarin said:
    Herase said:
    LOL no they didnt and thats why people expect way too much from this. That document is the WHOLE list of stuff that 3.0 is supposed to give not the 'early' version of the small part they gave testers today.

It also clearly shows why they should simply publish the specific things they DID add. because most people I am sure are like you and think everything in that document is now on the Evocati PTU and 'playable'.

Which it isnt.

Like I said they added 3 planets an asteroid, redid the launcher and the updater. Also added a couple new ships, a new mission interface (I guess thats what they meant) and a couple new missions. Thats it.
    CIG has done many rollouts like this for testing, including for 2.0. They want their testers to focus on specific areas of the releases, rather than have them find problems organically. CIG knows what areas can be problem children, only makes sense they'd want to start there.
    ErillionGdemami
    edited October 2017
    Balmong said:
    CIG has done many rollouts like this for testing, including for 2.0. They want their testers to focus on specific areas of the releases, rather than have them find problems organically. CIG knows what areas can be problem children, only makes sense they'd want to start there.
    But they did add everything, they only asked evocati to focus on a specific area of bug testing out of everything they added.

Not only is everything in those notes in, they still have more stuff to add before testing on the PTU is over and the live release is pushed to all on the PU.
    Gdemami
    Orinori said:
    Balmong said:
    But they did add everything, they only asked evocati to focus on a specific area of bug testing out of everything they added.
    It's definitely all there, they are just going to bring the systems online as they go. Like they did with the launch of Star Marine.
    Gdemami
    Orinori said:
    Balmong said:
    once again wrong. There are plenty of leaks and postings from guys who have done the testing. ratios range from 75-90% of what is on that list IS NOT in this 'build'.

Some getting removed but some still around. Not going to link them since theyre against the NDA and I dont know it thats a bannable offense here and theyre trigger happy with the bans on this topic these days.
    ErillionOrinoriBananaSoupZandog
    rodarin said:
    Orinori said:
    Balmong said:
    once again wrong. There are plenty of leaks and postings from guys who have done the testing. ratios range from 75-90% of what is on that list IS NOT in this 'build'.

Some getting removed but some still around. Not going to link them since theyre against the NDA and I dont know it thats a bannable offense here and theyre trigger happy with the bans on this topic these days.
    This is the Star Marine argument all over again, and look how that ended. The content is ready, but CIG wants them testing specific features.

I can fire off nameless sources like that means something too. There's no way to verify any of that till the rest of the backers get the game.
    Gdemami
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Hi Max
    rpmcmurphy
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Erillion said:
    Kane72 said:
    Surely technology, trends, patience etc will all have moved on by the time this game gets released?  I cannot think of anything more painful.
    Anything more "painful" than a game taking a typical amount of time in development ? And technology evolving during this time, which is normal.

Games of this type typically take between 5 and 7 years development time (there was a famous picture in many threads here that listed typical development times). The Kickstarter campaign was in Oct/Nov 2012, now its Oct. 2017.

Personally i do not feel "pain" when considering those facts.  You do ?

Have fun
    Ah, 'Facts'.  I can find the quotes where Roberts and crew claimed a year's worth of development already done, around the time of the Kickstarter.  Want to dispute that?   As always, the time 'in development' is somewhat amorphous, depending on whether the scribe wants to expand or contract the numbers.   

Since six years in development would kinda look bad now, you use the Kickstarter date here, and ignore the previous claims of the developers.  'Cause those developers would never lie or make empty, vainglorious claims.....right?

Hey, at least some version of 3.0 is out, so you folks awash in community fealty can feel good.  It is a testament to those 400 folks working to pull out something successful, despite the dead weight of certain portions of the upper management.
    ScotchUp

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Orinori said:
    Orinori said:
    Talonsin said:
    Hmm, I think you are talking about planets with missions, bases, and various points of interest. I am trying to find out about empty planets. I hear the artwork on those things are stunning!

It's coming in together, there's not been any talk of them dropping empty planets that you can land on.
    When they allow you to land on planets they want points of interest in place, missions, minerals and all the rest of it.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Congratulations to the SC fans.

Nice to see your patience being rewarded.

That kind of patience deserves rewarding.  :)
    Gdemami
    hfztt said:
    Congratulations to the SC fans.

Nice to see your patience being rewarded.

That kind of patience deserves rewarding.  :)
    There is more where that came from! and thanks.
    Gdemami
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2017
    Orinori said:

I heard there is a built in safety system to prevent goons and others of ill intent from being able to participate. That could be the problem there. 
    Did you suggest that 3.0.0 would never see the light of day  on a different account? And since mmorpg.com has no built in safety feature .... 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    In the (gun turret) video which highlights the daily video conferences leading up to the "go" decision the first thing they wanted Evocati testers to do was enjoy; try out the ship upgrades, visit the new places, the UI and so on.  Just immerse themselves in stuff. A good thought imo.
    gervaise1 said:
    Orinori said:

I heard there is a built in safety system to prevent goons and others of ill intent from being able to participate. That could be the problem there. 
    Did you suggest that 3.0.0 would never see the light of day  on a different account? And since mmorpg.com has no built in safety feature .... 
    No.
    Erillion said:
    Kane72 said:
    Surely technology, trends, patience etc will all have moved on by the time this game gets released?  I cannot think of anything more painful.
    Anything more "painful" than a game taking a typical amount of time in development ? And technology evolving during this time, which is normal.

Games of this type typically take between 5 and 7 years development time (there was a famous picture in many threads here that listed typical development times). The Kickstarter campaign was in Oct/Nov 2012, now its Oct. 2017.

Personally i do not feel "pain" when considering those facts.  You do ?

Have fun
    Ah, 'Facts'.  I can find the quotes where Roberts and crew claimed a year's worth of development already done, around the time of the Kickstarter.  Want to dispute that?   As always, the time 'in development' is somewhat amorphous, depending on whether the scribe wants to expand or contract the numbers.   

Since six years in development would kinda look bad now, you use the Kickstarter date here, and ignore the previous claims of the developers.  'Cause those developers would never lie or make empty, vainglorious claims.....right?

Hey, at least some version of 3.0 is out, so you folks awash in community fealty can feel good.  It is a testament to those 400 folks working to pull out something successful, despite the dead weight of certain portions of the upper management.
    Found a some for you:

10-10-2012 https://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/chris-roberts-new-game-is-star-citizen/
     "Star Citizen has been in development on PC for a year now, and promises several components Roberts' games are known for, notably a detailed world, "sophisticated story," and "visceral, heart-pounding space combat."

From the wiki:
    "In 2011, Chris Roberts founded Cloud Imperium Games, together with his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth"

10-11-2012 http://techland.time.com/2012/10/11/chris-roberts-star-citizen-looks-like-a-space-sim-from-the-distant-future/
    "This is just Chris Roberts with his new studio, the one you probably didn’t realize he formed last year, named Cloud Imperium Games"

I have always found it odd that the big fans of this game refuse to acknowledge this game started development back in 2011.  We are technically 6 years into development with 3 whole moons "coming soon", about 16 playable missions and a FPS that is fairly bare bones. 

HI Max!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Orinori said:
    Talonsin said:
    I thought we were getting 3 "fairly empty" moons to explore (Just a few outposts and wrecks to look at)?  The first time I read it I was thinking planets and not moons.