Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Hate This Feeling

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
I'm missing EVE right now. Been gone since January (I think), because of work.

Been dorking around in Star Citizen. I'll check it out again in 10 years when it releases.

Been playing Secret World Legends off and on. I see less people each time I play but still a few things I would like to finish up.

Thinking about coming back to EVE just to mine for the chill and watch null chat drama and shenanigans. Already downloaded and checked out the F2P. My old corp disbanded. Don't understand the new skill system. Wouldn't even know how to fit a skiff for null mining if I wanted to.

Population drops by half around 8PM my time which means the majority of players are in EU. Plus, as I mentioned, corp disbanded. Should I been concerned? 

Probably going to leave again as soon as SWGemu or SC releases. Or work might get crazy again.
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Did you try Elite Dangerous already?
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I haven't checked in EVE since last Dec, but my guess is you are still seeing 10 to 15K logged in at your time zone which means there still are many players for you to interact with.

Search the EVE Recruiting forums for a Corp specifically in your timezone and they'll even be able to sort out any ship fitting confusion you may have.  

You won't be able to do it as a free player however,  well not if you plan to mine in a Skiff.

I've been considering a return myself, still looking for what it is I want to do this go around. (Definitely not mining)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Kyleran

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    edited December 2017
    I logged back for shits and giggles yesterday. Today I've been playing NON STOP, just joining NPSI fleets and getting kills. Seriously, Spectre Fleet and Bombers Bar are an amazing source of fun if you don't have the time, patience or will to stomach null-sec politics or wormhole lifestyle for that matter.
    I even resubbed for a month to see how it goes :)
    Octagon7711Kyleran

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Didn't they layoff a huge chunk of their main staff?  If so, was that recent or awhile ago?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Krematory said:
    I logged back for shits and giggles yesterday. Today I've been playing NON STOP, just joining NPSI fleets and getting kills. Seriously, Spectre Fleet and Bombers Bar are an amazing source of fun if you don't have the time, patience or will to stomach null-sec politics or wormhole lifestyle for that matter.
    I even resubbed for a month to see how it goes :)
    Alpha accounts, working as designed

;)
    Krematory

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Didn't they layoff a huge chunk of their main staff?  If so, was that recent or awhile ago?
    They did lay off some, related to their VR offerings for most part I think.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Nowdays it is hard to play because 20% of players have 80% of ingame ISK
    Textbook Pareto principle:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

Why does it make it hard to play, out of curiosity? 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Yes, if you don't give them isk, then they dont let you undock! 

lol, do people still fall for that, honestly, one born every minute :p
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Gdemami said:
    Did you try Elite Dangerous already?
    The successor to EVE and the reason Star Citizen will not make that big a splash? ;)
    Kyleran
    Textbook Pareto principle:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

Why does it make it hard to play, out of curiosity? 
    Yeah, I'd be interested to understand how this would impact a person's personal gameplay, even if actually true.

Phaserlight

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Just like RL ey? The few psychos ruin the game for everyone else.

Gdemami

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.