Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone looking forward to Assassin's Creed Origin? (also early footage of gameplay/sneak peak)

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited October 2017 in General Gaming
(spoilers in the video since its a sorta let's play/early sneak at gameplay)

I'm actually really looking forward to it. Last Assassin's Creed game I liked was Black Flag, and liked AC 1 and 2 a lot. AC syndicate was amazing too, probably my 3rd favorite (AC 1 is my 4th favorite)

What about you guys?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2017
    I am, but i wont buy it until i finish Syndicate. My favorites are AC1, 2, and Brotherhood, and so far Syndicate is pretty good.

I didnt like Revelations. AC 3 was too buggy and i lost interest. Black Flag was fine, but it felt more like a new pirate game and not an AC game. Unity was so broken i gave up after a few hours.

Another one i really like is AC Chronicles:China. That was surprisingly fun. I need to go back and finish it.

With that said, I may be the only one but i feel AC lost its essence after they killed off Desmond Miles. The ¨real life¨ part of the game was what made it interesting for me to plug into the Animus and explore the past. Now it seems like its just straight to whatever timeline the game takes place. I dont like that very much.

EDIT: I have AC3 Liberation on PSVita, the one where the main character is Aveline, the assassin girl, but i have not played it yet.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited October 2017
    It actually looks pretty good, and I may pick it up. AC3 was the last one I enjoyed. I've skipped the games in the series since Black Flag, 'cause I thought it was boring, and I hated all the naval combat, and the series in general was getting stale with the CoD-esque yearly releases.

Been a while now, though, and since they seem to be starting somewhat fresh here, it's probably a good time to give AC another go. Should probably wait for a bit until they sort out bugginess, though, since they have a track record for releasing games in pretty messy states.
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423

"With that said, I may be the only one but i feel AC lost its essence after they killed off Desmond Miles. The ¨real life¨ part of the game was what made it interesting for me to plug into the Animus and explore the past. Now it seems like its just straight to whatever timeline the game takes place. I don't like that very much."

That is exactly how I feel about the series.  I really liked AC1, 2, and Brotherhood  simply because it felt that story and lore had more weighted purpose and was leading you some where instead of just simply being some random assassin in what ever time period they put you in. But as far as Assassin's Creed Origin is concerned my hype level is not  high at all since it appears to be just another game where  you are some random assassin in a random time line. And if I do decide to get it I'll wait for the  $20 dollar Steam summer sale.