Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#10MillionStories Campaign Celebrates 10 Million Unique Players - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

image#10MillionStories Campaign Celebrates 10 Million Unique Players - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - Elder Scrolls Online is celebrating 10 million unique players with the new #10MillionStories campaign. The team wants to hear YOUR story about your adventures in Tamriel with friends, by yourself or maybe even how a quest "tugged at your heartstrings".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lol I guess everyone tossing out how many registered users they have now.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    And here I was, hoping they're giving 10 million away for logging in.
    You can't count on anything these days anymore.
    ForgrimmSovrathJamesGoblinOctagon7711ConstantineMerus[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    10 million players tried us. Only 50,000 stayed...
    KyleranOctagon7711Viper482Ninnghizhidda[Deleted User]pantaroAlomarjosko9Nepheth
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Where did that poor guy (I forget his name) that got so much shit for predicting that ESO would reach 10 million? Mind you, he thought they'd do that in a year. It took longer but he wasn't wrong in the end.
    sarielisSlyLoKJamesGoblinOctagon7711ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Shaigh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    What's the count without the multiple accounts?
    Iselin

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I tried so hard several times to get into this game. Can't put my finger on it because I love TES and I love MMO's.
    GolelornKyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    So they did the same than FF14 in less amount of time

Says a lot about the pseudo success of FF14..

"...10 million unique players..."

ThupliMystifiesNepheth
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Surprised they didn't say they had the subs to rival WoW in it's hey day, heh.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2017
    Iselin said:

I read that part but found it hard to trust marketing.  A lot of people were creating extra accounts just for inventory management.
    ScotchUpAlomarMystifiesNepheth

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    So from the day they released the game, they have had "...10 million unique players..." I believe that. Wish they would tell us how many are playing for each server. With the lag this game has I would be interested how many players they have playing at one time. If not a lot then the lag would really tell us a story!

I know the addons we use really can cause the game to play slow with lag. If you take all addons out, the game will run 10 times better. You guys should try it without addons, like playing a different game.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • DizismaDizisma Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Did a lot of people really create extra accounts?
    I thought you had to buy ESO to play it?
    Why would you buy the game again, to make mule alts, when you can just create your own guild and get free storage space?
    Mystifies
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Did a lot of people really create extra accounts?
    I thought you had to buy ESO to play it?
    Why would you buy the game again, to make mule alts, when you can just create your own guild and get free storage space?
    Well I have 3 accounts paid top dollar for first one, and at the start that was a real rip off. So many bugs, bots, etc! The other two I paid 8 bucks for imperial, 12 for gold edition. Right now I can get Morrowind for 18 bucks day one release. Holding off on that, don't believe it's worth 18 at this time.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wait wait, wasn't there some kind of free play weekend or something earlier this year or around last year? I think it was around the time of that 1million dollar give away thing where you had a chance to win simply by logging in.
    Alomar
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Why are people trying so hard to downplay this?  It really comes across as desperation.
    sarielisAlomarjosko9MystifiesQuarterStackJamesGoblin
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115

Scellow said:

FFXIV hasn't gone free to play though. For a sub only b2p game FFXIV is doing amazingly well, especially considering numbers that are still rising.
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

ohioastro said:

Why are people trying so hard to downplay this?  It really comes across as desperation.

Boredom. They hope to fill their emptyness by making fun of other people, games and things. :(
    sarielisMystifiespostlarvalKyleranJamesGoblin
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    BC_Animus said:

Scellow said:

FFXIV hasn't gone free to play though. For a sub only b2p game FFXIV is doing amazingly well, especially considering numbers that are still rising.
    For FFIV they admitted it included free trial accounts.
    JamesGoblin
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I have 4 unique characters 2 on PC 2 on PS4 I played less than a week and uninstalled. I bet there's many others like me that just don't find this game to their liking and them calling 10million number right after FFXIV did the same sounds so desperate and low.
    ScotchUpMikehajosko9Iselin[Deleted User]
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited October 2017
    This is old news, I wonder why did they publish this information so late? Is it because unique players number is not the same as the number of copies sold?

Either way, ZOS already announced 10mil copies sold in June this year during E3 presentation.

Compared to FFXIV's 7mil REGISTERED accounts, and GW2's 5-6mil copies sold, that's FAR more impressive. Factor also in the fact that both FFXIV and GW2 have been out for much longer. We're talking about easily the 2nd best-selling MMORPG of all time.
    MikehaKyleranJamesGoblin
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

OG_Zorvan said:

Iselin said:

If I make two separate accounts, there's two unique players!

Call me when they say how many people have actually logged into the game itself in the last six months then we'll talk.

That isn't what unique means.

DeadSpock said:

I have 4 unique characters 2 on PC 2 on PS4 I played less than a week and uninstalled. I bet there's many others like me that just don't find this game to their liking and them calling 10million number right after FFXIV did the same sounds so desperate and low.

This isn't what unique means either.
    [Deleted User]
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited October 2017

Golelorn said:

10 million players tried us. Only 50,000 stayed...

You are very wrong :)

Just check SteamSpy. ESO had 125k players in the last 2 weeks on Steam alone. A "platform" with such a tiny percentage of ESO's entire playerbase. Besides there hasn't been a worthwhile DLC since Q1 of the year (and obviously expansion in Q2), that number can only go up.

Also ESO is much bigger on Consoles than on PC. I have no doubt that ESO can easily maintain over 1mil active monthly players in between updates, and obviously several millions during expansions.

This game is still so far from it's peak it's ridiculous. They added 3mil of new players just from June 2016-17, if that's not a crazy growth then I don't what is. And they even achieved all of that without adding anything new to Skyrim.
    Iselin[Deleted User][Deleted User]KyleranJamesGoblin
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Iselin said:

Where did that poor guy (I forget his name) that got so much shit for predicting that ESO would reach 10 million? Mind you, he thought they'd do that in a year. It took longer but he wasn't wrong in the end.

He was talking 10M subscribers of course.

The (previously announced) 10M sales (+ sales of DLC, optional subs etc.) is still good news though and means that development will continue. "Skyrim" (most of which isn't in game) is sure be to added at some point which should boost numbers further.
    [Deleted User]
    gervaise1 said:

Iselin said:

He was talking 10M subscribers of course.

The (previously announced) 10M sales (+ sales of DLC, optional subs etc.) is still good news though and means that development will continue. "Skyrim" (most of which isn't in game) is sure be to added at some point which should boost numbers further.
    Oh yeah you're right. That was back in the sub-only days that he said it.

It's still + 1.5 mil since their previous announcement in February.  http://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/news/matt-firor-85-million-eso-players-right-now-based-on-sales-1000043197

[Deleted User]JamesGoblin

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Albatroes said:
    Lol I guess everyone tossing out how many registered users they have now.
    It is getting to be pathetic.The TEAM wants to hear your stories,nice press stuff,i am guessing "not a mind reader"that 99% of that team couldn't care less about your stories.
    Not that it matters really,as long as players are having fun and they have THEIR own stories and not just following some vee line path from npc to npc and doing linear fetch me quests then all should be good.
    I feel TESo is an ok game ,just wish they never stoop to Blizzard like standards but perhaps this is a onesy,we might not see this from Zenimax for a long time into the future...fingers crossed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.