Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Do 160 M$ also mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things ?  ;-)

Have fun
    KefoLeFantomeExcession
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Has nothing to do with what I was saying. 
    Excession
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    yeah its another unsubstantiated number THEY claim to be accurate
    rodarin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    And again you keep forgetting that the amount of money gathered is regularily mentioned in the Guiness Book of World Records, which requires proof by notarial act. But we have discussed this many times in the past and you conventiently keep "forgetting" this fact.

Have fun
    Excession
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    And again you keep forgetting that the amount of money gathered is regularily mentioned in the Guiness Book of World Records, which requires proof by notarial act. But we have discussed this many times in the past and you conventiently keep "forgetting" this fact.

Have fun
    LMAO keep telling yourself that. When they go to court when all this blows up I am sure the guy form Guiness will be the star witness as to how much money they have actually been given. You really cant be that naive.
    ScotchUp
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    rodarin said:
    When they go to court...
    rodarin said:
    You really cant be that naive.

You can dream about it as much as you like but I think you know damn well that's not going to happen ever lol
    Excession
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:
    When they go to court...
    rodarin said:

You can dream about it as much as you like but I think you know damn well that's not going to happen ever lol
    the more time goes by with nothing but the PTU the more likely it is to happen.

But more than likely it wouldnt go to court they would just try and pay people back with whatever money they have left. They al;ready caved to a coupel threats of being sued they show theyre scared.
    MaxBacon
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:
    When they go to court...
    rodarin said:

the more time goes by with nothing but the PTU the more likely it is to happen.

But more than likely it wouldnt go to court they would just try and pay people back with whatever money they have left. They al;ready caved to a coupel threats of being sued they show theyre scared.
    It will never get to the point of someone, anyone, taking CIG/CR/etc to court.

CR already has it covered, due to the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) statement he made a while back.

He could turn around tomorrow, say what they have now is the MVP (he has already said 3.0 is akin to EA), say it is officially released and they will patch as and when they are ready, and like it or not, there is nothing anyone can do.

Sure, it is not what backer's are expecting, and would be regarded by many as a failure, but some white knights would still sing CR's praises, some whales would still keep opening wallets and buying ships in sales.
    MaxBacon

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    I loved to see the conspiracy theorists going so hard on that recent campaign on that stating that 3.0 is the game release. Then having people stating that early access games are games they play "weeks before they release" just takes the icing on the cake. lol

CIG seriously can't say anything without any second, any word, even a facial expression or body posture being weaponized against them, there's always a big conspiracy and a bigger truth, nothing is everything and everything is nothing. gg

What else is new xD
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    I loved to see the conspiracy theorists going so hard on that recent campaign on that stating that 3.0 is the game release. Then having people stating that early access games are games they play "weeks before they release" just takes the icing on the cake. lol

CIG seriously can't say anything without any second, any word, even a facial expression or body posture being weaponized against them, there's always a big conspiracy and a bigger truth, nothing is everything and everything is nothing. gg

What else is new xD
    there is something somewhere that has Roberts claiming 3.0 is a soft early release. Or something to that effect. He said it about a year ago. I think that is the reason or foundation of the reasoning behind why theyre not going to put it out or any portion of it out unless its above and beyond anything else that they have put out. Which quite frankly wont be hard but this is where it all comes together. 3.0 is the make or break. thats why theyre milking it and why it might not be out by this time next year.

As far as getting sued. Maybe maybe not they apparently have offices  in about half the countries in the world I cant imagine they have all their bases covered in every single one of them.
    MaxBacon said:

What else is new xD
    Also cannot post anything even slightly negative without someone like you coming along and playing the victim for SC/CR.
    MaxBacon

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

rodarin said:
    there is something somewhere that has Roberts claiming 3.0 is a soft early release. Or something to that effect. He said it about a year ago. I think that is the reason or foundation of the reasoning behind why theyre not going to put it out or any portion of it out unless its above and beyond anything else that they have put out. Which quite frankly wont be hard but this is where it all comes together. 3.0 is the make or break. thats why theyre milking it and why it might not be out by this time next year.
    People twist anything to mean what they want it to mean.

When someone brings in the context, the "akin to early access" is quite clear of being simply about game loops, 3.0 adds core game loops to the game, on the economy front, in the mission and replayability front and most especially in the persistent gameplay front.

Some make a huge fuss of what doesn't justify it, SC it's a game that will continue developing independent of the "1.0 game release" MVP or not, tag, a type of dev very own to MMO's, so when I see that narrative of "all or nothing by release!" I just sigh.
    Excession
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I'd imagine people bring up the 'akin to an early access title' because its cost $130+ million to make a damn early access game. No wonder they're laughing....

MaxBacon said:
    I just sigh.

If only :D
    MaxBaconExcession
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You watch their videos and it is always like 6 guys talking about bug fixing.They have a large team,why are they never showing what everyone else is doing?Instead Chris and his wife sit down with that fake smile then it is directed over to the bug fixing guys.
    We already know when something doesn't work it needs to get fixed,no need to tell us,i think people are more interested in what is getting done with the actual game not code fixing.
    ScotchUpOdeezee

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

rpmcmurphy said:
    I'd imagine people bring up the 'akin to an early access title' because its cost $130+ million to make a damn early access game. No wonder they're laughing....
    One (properly 2 games btw) that doesn't compare to the others in scale and scope of what they are doing, yeah. Early Access games are very contained, with very copied templates such as the open-world PvP / building that is literally made with stock code and even assets of engines as Unreal (as PUBG and Ark), obviously so, cheap to make. You seem to wish to downplay SC to that tier, but unrealistically so.
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    One (properly 2 games btw) that doesn't compare to the others in scale and scope of what they are doing, yeah. Early Access games are very contained, with very copied templates such as the open-world PvP / building that is literally made with stock code and even assets of engines as Unreal (as PUBG and Ark), obviously so, cheap to make. You seem to wish to downplay SC to that tier, but unrealistically so.
    yeah but those games have actually been made.

When are you guys going to realize that it just might not be able to be done (like so many, not just derrik smart) have said?

Sooner or later you have to realize all this ambition and scope and hopes and dreams might not be possible. It just might not all mesh together.

So far it hasnt and every time they seem to 'fix' something (at least according to them) something else breaks.

They reinvented their own INTERNAL way of categorizing bugs. That should tell you something right there. This was supposed to be on the PTU in June (I will even give you the Dec claim). Its now Oct and from what people can find its still not even close to going to the avocados yet, and I know you claim once they get it its ready to go in a couple weeks. Thats a laugh for sure, but whatever. When its announced the super secret testers get it start the clock.

Another 'conspiracy' and probably not at all is that the DS gang are within this super secret group and thats why they havent got it yet. SO CR and Co. are scared to let those guys get it because he is afraid it will be spammed all over the internet. And it most definitively would, So it sort of defeats the whole purpose of those guys I guess. But also shows how Roberts and company are running scared right now.

But dont worry theyre all in that movie theater you all paid for making some nice videos to show at the convention and call it gameplay footage and I am sure they have a few dozen jpegs theyre going over now that they think they can skin onto current assets to sell to people who still believe in this thing. So basically its business as usual.
    edited October 2017
    Wizardry said:
    You watch their videos and it is always like 6 guys talking about bug fixing.They have a large team,why are they never showing what everyone else is doing?Instead Chris and his wife sit down with that fake smile then it is directed over to the bug fixing guys.
    We already know when something doesn't work it needs to get fixed,no need to tell us,i think people are more interested in what is getting done with the actual game not code fixing.
    You obviously have NOT watched their videos a lot.

I have seen about 40+ different people talking on screen so far in the various videos, not 6. And even more team members in the subscriber "Jump Point" e-print magazine. And many more people working in the background, even if they are not talking in the videos.

If you want to know what is getting done ... EVERY WEEK they have video blogs about certain aspects of the development. You have the information at your fingertips. Use it !

"Bugsmasher" and "Burn Down" is just one of many video formats CIG offers to all people interested in SC.

Have fun
    Odeezee
    Dear @rodarin

I am sure people like Columbus also heard that speech many times.

"...When are you guys going to realize that you will fall off the edge of the world disc if you keep sailing west .... ? Sooner or later you have to realize all this ambition and scope and hopes and dreams might not be possible......"

Have fun

MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    Two games? Show us the second game Max.

Scale and scope? only thing they are doing with SC that has not been done before is the ridiculously high polycount for an MMO-type game.

Sure, it look's good, detail is awesome, but all those extra polygons might come back to bite them in the ass when its optimisation time.
    Octagon7711KefoMaxBacon

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:
    Dear @rodarin

I am sure people like Columbus also heard that speech many times.

"...When are you guys going to realize that you will fall off the edge of the world disc if you keep sailing west .... ? Sooner or later you have to realize all this ambition and scope and hopes and dreams might not be possible......"

Have fun

Are you really comparing Star Citizen...a video game, to Columbus, according to his story found land and people who were lost, and then proceeded to wipe them from the face of the planet?

Really......and you wonder why some think SC fans have lost their marbles.
    Excession
    edited October 2017
    Are you really comparing Star Citizen...a video game, to Columbus,
    Yes.

Have fun

PS:

Dare to dream the impossible. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt
    Excession
    edited October 2017
    Excession said:

Scale and scope? only thing they are doing with SC that has not been done before is the ridiculously high polycount for an MMO-type game.

Sure, it look's good, detail is awesome, but all those extra polygons might come back to bite them in the ass when its optimisation time.
    Star Citizen and SQ42 are two games, that are sold in separate. The scope of both SC and SQ42 individually justify that, one MMO in on side, one SP campaign in the other.

As for your last statement, it just shows how hatefully blind you are on the SC topic, that you desperately have to downplay and spin anything negatively while playing a self-righteous narrative, waste of my time talking to a wall of bias.
    Excession
    MaxBacon said:
    Excession said:

Star Citizen and SQ42 are two games, that are sold in separate. The scope of both SC and SQ42 individually justify that, one MMO in on side, one SP campaign in the other.

As for your last statement, it just shows how hatefully blind you are on the SC topic, that you desperately have to downplay and spin anything negatively while playing a self-righteous narrative, waste of my time talking to a wall of bias.
    Ok, so you cannot show us two games, that is all you had to say.

As for me being hatefully blind, wtf is that? I said it look's good, I said the level of detail is awesome.
    Pointing out that having such a high polycount (which is the only real difference between SC and other games that are in the same genre) could cause issue's with optimisation is not being hatefully blind.

If anyone is being anything, you are being willfully ignorant with regards to SC and any issue's it has or may have.
    MaxBacon

edited October 2017
    Excession said:

As for me being hatefully blind, wtf is that? I said it look's good, I said the level of detail is awesome.
    Pointing out that having such a high polycount (which is the only real difference between SC and other games that are in the same genre) could cause issue's with optimisation is not being hatefully blind.

If anyone is being anything, you are being willfully ignorant with regards to SC and any issue's it has or may have.
    One game: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42 (sold standalone, not as DLC)

Star Citizen: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/fly-now

What SC is in its whole pitch, does not exist in the MMO genre, similar games appeared, just like Freelancer had this ideology, the support SC itself gets is because just that, because people want to play something that SC is creating that currently does not exist as a game experience somewhere else, partially released and continues being developed towards its pitch. SC has indeed a scale and scope that wasn't attempted before, and you come with some wtf comment about the graphics?! lol
    Excession
    edited October 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Excession said:

One game: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42 (sold standalone, not as DLC)

Star Citizen: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/fly-now

What SC is in its whole pitch, does not exist in the MMO genre, similar games appeared, just like Freelancer had this ideology, the support SC itself gets is because just that, because people want to play something that SC is creating that currently does not exist as that game experience that was pitched, partially released and continues being developed towards its pitch. You come with some wtf comment about the graphics?! lol

If anyone is being willfully ignorant, it is you, for the sake of your posting agenda you want to dirve any discussion to be about SC and its problems/controversy to pursue your fully 24/7 negative narrative on the SC topic.
    Where can you download SQ42? how many people are testing it like they are testing SC?

Once again, you are talking about something as though it is in backer's hands, while in reality, it is not.

When was the last time they showed anything from SQ42 at all?

And how can you say anything about how the game is being developed as pitched? it is far from as pitched lol.

As for the rest of your post, just the usual nonsense from you, acting like I pissed on your cornflakes just because I mention something in a slightly negative fashion.
    MaxBacon