Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizz Looking to Hire Production Director with 'Massive Multiplayer Game Dev Experience' - Diablo 3

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizz Looking to Hire Production Director with 'Massive Multiplayer Game Dev Experience' - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 News - We already know that Blizzard has no plans to make any significant (or any at all) announcements at this year's Blizzcon with regard to the Diablo franchise. However, a new posting on the site for a Production Director has caught our eye. The job looks for a candidate "to bring the Diablo franchise into the future". While the usual requirements for the job are fairly standard, the "Pluses" section is what has caught our eye.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    A Diablo MMORPG? Hell, it would be damn time that Blizzard would develop a new, revolutionary mmo to the masses!
    JeroKanenycplayboy78
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    They have the world. They have the characters. They have the tech. They have the analytics to tell them what does and doesn't work for an MMO on a massive scale.

Make it happen.
    TsiyaPuReDusTArskaaaJeroKaneIceAge
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    "Stay awhile, and listen." Ok, I will. Just don't make me wait too long!
    psychosiz1Azaron_NightbladeMrMelGibsonnycplayboy78

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Terrible idea,Diablo is not a good game ...period,it is a simple map generator with simplistic spam killing,i hate these mindless games.However this is typical of Blizzard ,they like to rehash the same products,they know they will sell no matter how good the game is people will buy it.I played Diablo,i know i won't be buying it as a mmo,it will be a lazy production,likely 1 year and already in the market.
    psychosiz1Ukurvazonic69Azaron_NightbladeJunglecharlynobuyukiasRobbgobbnycplayboy78Hiromant

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I doubt they'd make another mmo at this point. And if they did, WoW 2 would be a lot more likely than World of Diablo.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    It does not mean it will be one MMO.

The same was with the 3rd, the things and so people expected that but you seen the type of game it was, the MMO of it pretty much @DMKano resumes is that backend and setup that is MMO-like.
    [Deleted User]SovrathMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Finally getting around to building a "survival" game maybe?  ;)
    SovrathConstantineMerusArskaaaXarkoMrMelGibsonpantaro

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62
    If World of Warcraft is bringing in cash. Blizzard will not make another MMO. Why compete with themselves ? They have 1 of every genre. Waiting for Blizzards spin on the survival genre. Maybe Battle Roy-Diablo ?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    DMKano said:

Just dont read into this to mean something more, it doesnt
    Yeah but you know people will ...
    MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Wizardry said:
    Terrible idea,Diablo is not a good game ...period,it is a simple map generator with simplistic spam killing,i hate these mindless games.However this is typical of Blizzard ,they like to rehash the same products,they know they will sell no matter how good the game is people will buy it.I played Diablo,i know i won't be buying it as a mmo,it will be a lazy production,likely 1 year and already in the market.
    What? That's a very odd opinion. Diablo changed the ARPG genre, just like WoW changed the MMORPG genre. I can see someone not liking the ARPG genre due to just mass killing but honestly you can't overlook the fact that they are well made products that have really well made stories. Plus it usually means something when a lot of people buy something. It might not be your cup of tea but obviously it was ALOT of peoples cup of tea. I don't like the Madden series but I can't downplay the fact that it is extremely well made and there is a reason people who like football buy it every year.
    TsiyaMrMelGibson
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Diablo mmo!! Fill VR support :)

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103

Wizardry said:

This is blizzard you are talking about, a company that took 10 years to release a game(Diablo 3) , and gutted some portions of another game(Project Titan) after years of dev. to release Overwatch(Game of the year contender, or might even have won, don't remember don't care to check).

You really can't say Blizzard does lazy production and short dev. cycle, that's ignorant and stupid.
    BlackhoundKyleranAzaron_NightbladeJunglecharlyMrMelGibsonConstantineMeruswandericainfomatz
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I honestly was hoping there would be one more expansion for Diablo 3. I’m quite attached to my Demon Hunter.

That being said, I’m always interested to see anything new from Blizzard. Even if it takes 10 years to get the chance to play!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Wizardry said:
    Since when has Blizzard ever just threw something "on the market"?
    MrMelGibsonConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Now it's Blizz turn to make a Battle Royale game? XD
    Xarko
  • keyviskeyvis Member UncommonPosts: 8
    LOL, I see this as “news” on 2nd MMORPG portal today, while it’s at least half year old open job position. Are all those sites have one source of information, instead of doing research by themselves?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

DMKano said:

This is standard for all Blizzard senior positions - because Blizzard wants MMO devs due to massive backend platform integration which devs without MMO experience wouldnt know.

it does NOT mean diablo4 will be a MMORPG.

Diablo 3 has a MMO backend in terms of server structure and platform integration, they looked for same qualifications for D3 devs.

Also this allows Blizzard to move devs around to different teams easily.

Just dont read into this to mean something more, it doesnt

Well , if it's standard like you say for all Blizzard senior positions , be kind and show me some other positions which they require but has nothing to do with Massive Multiplayer Online experience.

You are a theory conspiracy at your roots, so everything you say , I just can't really believe you. Your hate towards Blizz is pretty high.

Yes, it does NOT mean that D4 will be a MMORPG , but at the same time you simply can't act like it can't be a MMORPG.

Time will tell , but a new Diablo game is in the works and is pretty close for full production, as "PRODUCTION DIRECTOR" is kinda one of the last positions before a product goes in full production.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    azonic69 said:

Wizardry said:

This is blizzard you are talking about, a company that took 10 years to release a game(Diablo 3) , and gutted some portions of another game(Project Titan) after years of dev. to release Overwatch(Game of the year contender, or might even have won, don't remember don't care to check).

You really can't say Blizzard does lazy production and short dev. cycle, that's ignorant and stupid.
    Eh, posting ignorant, angry rants is pretty much that poster's trademark. No amount of logic or facts is going to change that.
    MrMelGibsonpantaro

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TraciatimTraciatim Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Soooo, making Diablo more like Devilian?
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239

Wizardry said:

Your hatred for everything not FF is legendary. You could easily impress The Emperor himself.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonConstantineMeruspantaro
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167

Wizardry said:

Blizzard has never done anything close to a "lazy" production.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonNitemareMMOCecropia
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Mensur said:
    Diablo mmo!! Fill VR support :)
    I agree with the others that MMO is pretty unlikely.  I think Blizzard has already proven that they have little interest in developing MMOs anymore.

Diablo in VR would be a pretty cool setup if done right, though.  If they did the atmospherics right, descending into crypts and hell would be pretty blasted creepy.
    Walking into the Butcher's room for the first time in VR or something could be pretty incredible.

That said, I don't believe for a second that Blizzard is focusing on VR given how few people actually own it.  Blizzard plays the numbers game, and VR is not big in numbers.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I don't think they will make "World of Diablo", it is likelier that Diablo 4 will be a CORPG like GW with graphical hubs instead.

Diablos gameplay and world fits excellent for a CORPG, Strain took a lot of his experience from the first Diablo game when he made GW and there is certainly room for a new good CORPG today.

Making a full blown MMO out of it is rather hard work and the IP is still too close to Wow, if they really work on a full MMO it would be Wow 2. Let's face it, Wow 2 would get more subs the World of Diablo.

Graphical hubs is a more fun way to find a party and it is easier to add stuff like holiday event to it.
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]ConstantineMeruswanderica
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Loke666 said:
    I don't think they will make "World of Diablo", it is likelier that Diablo 4 will be a CORPG like GW with graphical hubs instead.

Diablos gameplay and world fits excellent for a CORPG, Strain took a lot of his experience from the first Diablo game when he made GW and there is certainly room for a new good CORPG today.

Making a full blown MMO out of it is rather hard work and the IP is still too close to Wow, if they really work on a full MMO it would be Wow 2. Let's face it, Wow 2 would get more subs the World of Diablo.

Graphical hubs is a more fun way to find a party and it is easier to add stuff like holiday event to it.
    Nothing spells immersion more in a game focused on The Dark Lord, Lord of Terror,  The Prime Evil and Destroyer of Souls as a festive "holiday event."

That's an idea that should definitely DIAF.

B)
    LokeroConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Kyleran said:
    Loke666 said:

Nothing spells immersion more in a game focused on The Dark Lord, Lord of Terror,  The Prime Evil and Destroyer of Souls as a festive "holiday event."

That's an idea that should definitely DIAF.

B)
    As humorous as that is, a Day of the Dead-type festival(and Halloween, etc.) would fit pretty wonderfully into the Diablo setting.
    But, yeah, I don't see a very "merry" Christmas when the gates of hell have opened and demons are flooding into your cities ;)