Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday Update Shows Gorgeous Artwork for Bows, Faces & Quivers - Camelot Unchained News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFriday Update Shows Gorgeous Artwork for Bows, Faces & Quivers - Camelot Unchained News

The Camelot Unchained Friday newsletter is out and shows off some pretty amazing artwork showing how concept art has been implemented into the game. This includes bows, quivers, bow animations and even some facial models players will have access to.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I want my updated daoc already plz do this right and hurry up :p

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

Do this *right* and take your time...
    JamesGoblinKajidourden
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    More teasers and no game release, I'm starting to lose faith as well as interest in this game.
    MikehaKyleranTheScavenger

imageimage

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

xDarkjoy said:

Do this *right* and take your time...

Yeah, my girl friend said the same thing.
    Joseph_KerrOctagon7711JamesGoblinNyghthowler

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    And they said Unity Engine can't have good graphics..

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Not sure if sarcasm but they don't use Unity.
    postlarvalJamesGoblin

..Cake..

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    TaishiFox said:
    More teasers and no game release, I'm starting to lose faith as well as interest in this game.
    That's the danger of being transparent with development. I swear, it would be better for developers to NEVER talk to players until they have something a year or two out.

Sadly, they had to go through the kickstarter route which means that they need to be more transparent. Part of the reason they show this work is to show that "there is work".

Historically, people would hear about a game, it would have already been in development and then they would announce it at an appropriate time. But with crowd funding you are getting the information that there is a game coming and just have to understand that development is "development".

If you've ever made anything you might know that sometimes things don't always go as planned.
    JamesGoblin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Isn't it strange that if this comes out and Pantheon releases we will have come full circle. Back in the day it was daoc and EQ leading the way for pvp and pve imo. 
    JamesGoblin

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I'm all in on this game.
    JamesGoblin
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144

Sovrath said:

TaishiFox said:

That's the danger of being transparent with development. I swear, it would be better for developers to NEVER talk to players until they have something a year or two out.

Sadly, they had to go through the kickstarter route which means that they need to be more transparent. Part of the reason they show this work is to show that "there is work".

Historically, people would hear about a game, it would have already been in development and then they would announce it at an appropriate time. But with crowd funding you are getting the information that there is a game coming and just have to understand that development is "development".

If you've ever made anything you might know that sometimes things don't always go as planned.

Devs can't win either way, people will whine and bitch about transparency and people will whine about too much info. I say let them take all the time they need to flesh out a good game, people are tired of rushed, unpolished games.
    KyleranJamesGoblin
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

sgel said:

Not sure if sarcasm but they don't use Unity.

LoL, my bad, i thought this was crowfall thread..
    JamesGoblin

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I need this game in my life. 
    JamesGoblin
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I have a question. So this game is pvp only with no pve aspects built into it or npc's right?
    I have been getting back into Red Dead Redemption and the environment in the single player feels very alive esp in towns but when I go into the multiplayer free roam part the starting town feels dead with no a.i. presence like a ghost town except for other players you run into.

Will this game feel the same way compared a mmo that has pve and npc's?
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123

DMKano said:

Umm this is not "updated DAoC", just like WAR wasnt updated DAoC

Camelot Unchained is a game all its own.

I agree. Its a game of its own.
    I do look forward to this, however I will still miss DAoC.
    The balance of PvE and PvP was perfect. It had something for everyone
    blastermaster
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Sovrath said:

TaishiFox said:

Devs can't win either way, people will whine and bitch about transparency and people will whine about too much info. I say let them take all the time they need to flesh out a good game, people are tired of rushed, unpolished games.
    Hmm, they are already 4.5 years in and nary a date in sight.

Just wondering how long you guys are willing to give them, 6 yrs, 8 yrs, indefinite?

I do deliver software, indefinite has never been the expectation of my stakeholders, so I have to ask, why should it be any different here?

zigalucard

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123

Kyleran said:

Sovrath said:

TaishiFox said:

Just wondering how long you guys are willing to give them, 6 yrs, 8 yrs, indefinite?

I do deliver software, indefinite has never been the expectation of my stakeholders, so I have to ask, why should it be any different here?

I believe people are holding on to the hope that this game will deliver for PvP or as a DAoC replacement. Thus, the patience and willingness to give it a chance.
    As some would say, you can't rush perfection.
    Others, I believe, are just holding on to the fact that it will be different than what is out now
    JamesGoblin
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:

Sovrath said:

TaishiFox said:

I feel for the devs, and want CU to be a great game because DAoC was my first love, but I'm inclined to agree with @Kyleran, too.

Going the route of traditional publishers has downsides, but so does crowdfunding.  As disappointing as the criticism may be for those who work in the industry and feel the progression rate is adequate or, at least, nothing to be worried about yet, these developers didn't limit their crowdfunding to software engineers and industry insiders.  They asked gamers with no knowledge whatsoever about the challenges of software development.  They also used hype to help spur on the funding.  Granted, CU is one of the best projects currently underway about controlling the hype and expectations of their base, but the point remains.
    JamesGoblin

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Asherons Call was better than both those games in PVP...

Isn't it strange that if this comes out and Pantheon releases we will have come full circle. Back in the day it was daoc and EQ leading the way for pvp and pve imo.