Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Pantheon Stream this Friday

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
edited September 2017 in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
VR and CohhCarnage is teaming up again to show off the new tech art and its effects live in-game. This stream will be 30 mins and will air Friday the 29th at 2 pm pst. 

You can check it out at either twitch.tv/visionaryrealms or twitch.tv/cohhcarnage.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6963/another-pantheon-stream-with-cohh-carnage

Edit : Here is the video of the stream that happened on Friday Sept.29th. 

Post edited by Kumapon on
Gyva02dcutbi001Kilsin[Deleted User][Deleted User]JamesGoblin

Comments

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    edited September 2017
    just get the game out already...this IS getting old
    jpedrote52JamesGoblinMikehaTokken
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Bummed its only 30 minutes but still cant wait to see how everything is looking now in action.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Fingers crossed for colorful spell particles like in EQ :) 
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    edited September 2017
    Fingers crossed for better animations because EQ animations in a post-2017 game are not what is hoped for. 
    Ice-Queen
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Rukushin said:
    Fingers crossed for better animations because EQ animations in a post-2017 game are not what is hoped for. 
    While I'm sure the animations will be worked on, I wouldn't expect Black Desert Quality animations or Final Fantasy 14 level animations.

Would be nice but if that's what your expecting then I would say don't bother.
    JamesGoblin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Rukushin said:
    For those of you who actually thought I meant a duplicate of 1999 EQ graphics I'll be a bit more clear, lol... 

Awesome spell particles like in EQ with today's engine technology. 

EQ had an amazing dev that designed the spells animations. They were colorful and had fantastic particle effects that looked like magic was oozing and flying about from the casters fingertips. Many people have commented on how awesome they were. So this is what I meant, but since there's always at least one, I clarified for you, hope that helps... 
    dreamer05
    Sovrath said:
    Rukushin said:
    While I'm sure the animations will be worked on, I wouldn't expect Black Desert Quality animations or Final Fantasy 14 level animations.

Would be nice but if that's what your expecting then I would say don't bother.
    That's a real shame then. I'm still hopeful because the gameplay sounds like everything I've been waiting for, but the graphics need to also be on par for 2017...well more like 2020.

I don't care how long it takes them to make the game. IMO an MMO should have a minimum of 5 years to develop AAA quality. I know this isn't coming from a AAA publisher, but if they want to compete then they should be aiming for that type of quality. 
    Gyva02 said:
    Rukushin said:
    For those of you who actually thought I meant a duplicate of 1999 EQ graphics I'll be a bit more clear, lol... 

EQ had an amazing dev that designed the spells animations. They were colorful and had fantastic particle effects that looked like magic was oozing and flying about from the casters fingertips. Many people have commented on how awesome they were. So this is what I meant, but since there's always at least one, I clarified for you, hope that helps... 
    Oh, I wasn't referring to your post at all. I'm saying from my own standpoint the Monks kicking animation looked terrible. 

Actual contact with the enemy is what I'm talking about. 
    Rukushin said:
    Gyva02 said:
    Rukushin said:

Oh, I wasn't referring to your post at all. I'm saying from my own standpoint the Monks kicking animation looked terrible. 

Actual contact with the enemy is what I'm talking about. 
    Ahh, my apologies then, thought you were replying since you started it with "fingers crossed" as well... 
    edited September 2017
    No worries man. Honestly spell effects in Ashes of Creation look amazing from that one video of the mage firing off spells at a training dummy. 

Maybe Pantheon can replicate or dare I say supercede that and then all would be right on track.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    bentrim said:
    just get the game out already...this IS getting old

The game will be out when it's ready, if you don't like it then come back when it's out. 
    Kilsindcutbi001

• NizumzenNizumzen Member UncommonPosts: 81
    The developers have constantly said (more times than I care to count) that all the graphics and animations are placeholder at the moment. Remember this game isn't even in pre-alpha yet.

If the graphics and animations suck when we are in beta then you should complain. For the time being though just let them work on the game. Or would you rather them say "Well everytime we show them the game they complain about the graphics even though we have told them they are all placeholder graphics and animations so lets not show the game off anymore.".

Personally I'd rather see updates about the game even that does mean seeing placeholder graphics and animations.
    Hakulani
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    More interested in more classes, mechanics and world. That is the stuff that tells me progress is being made. Aesthetics alone has never made an mmorpg worth playing.

edited September 2017
    Pretty nice looking texture on this armor. Picture was grabbed from Pantheons Forum thread announcing the Stream tomorrow. Click image for bigger picture

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6963/another-pantheon-stream-with-cohh-carnage/view/page/1

Kumapon
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    This is kind of like having a contractor building my house.  So I'll show up to see where I'll be living for the next 5 years :)
    Amathepantaro
    Stream in 10 minutes :) https://go.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage
    Looking like a AAA game to me... Fantastic job guys!!!! 
    [Deleted User]GdemamiKilsinMikeha
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Nice graphical updates.
    Looks like they finally added a "Pledge" link in their home page ... not sure what took them so long to do that ... kind of a no-brainer not to bury the pledge link two pages deep ...
    Used to be called Join, but it's been there right on the main bar for over 2 years.
    Kilsin

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    If you missed the stream, VR has put up it up on youtube.

JamesGoblinKilsinjimmywolf
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
       Awesome , Pantheon is really coming along nicely , exciting stuff there ..

Keep up the great work
    Kilsin[Deleted User]
  • ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Boy, I've gotta tell ya, there was a thread on here recently talking about the graphics being Pantheon's weak spot.  If that's true, then it's going to be one awesome game.  I see nothing weak about those graphics.  Now that's not to say that there might be other weak things about the game, but that video is very encouraging.  Which goes to show, it's good to keep putting out updates like this periodically to show that progress is being made.  There have been rumblings from some followers of Pantheon about its progress.  Hopefully this will quiet those rumblings...for the time being.
    Gyva02KumaponKilsinRexKushmandcutbi001

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Pantheon looks better in pre-alpha than a lot of games I played at launch. 
    KilsinTokken

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    In an mmorpg I prefer stylized over photorealism simply because its extremely difficult to make such a huge game while maintaining the same attention to details.

My initial reaction on watching the clip was that it looked ugly, not because the game lacked attention to graphical detail but instead it was the feeling that the attention to graphical details weren't cohesive. The sedimentary rock species and plants didn't feel as real as the rocks, trees and grass. The characters felt like they were taken from a different game.

Its easier to get things to look cohesive if you shoot for something more stylized.

jimmywolf[Deleted User]
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    DMKano said:
    Pantheon to me looked fine even with the old lighting - it just looks even better.

To me - the graphics are not going to be what makes or breaks this game - heck I still play Project 99 with graphics from 1999 and it makes no difference - what makes it great is the gameplay.

So - gameplay will be everything for Pantheon - as graphics are already far beyond "sufficient", the game is looking great so the focus should really shift to the hard part - which is game systems and gameplay. 

The focus has never stopped being on the "hard part" though, we have a different team for graphics and systems, mechanics, features etc. and all work hard in their respective roles, we are just careful with what we reveal and are focused on getting the game ready for testing.

It just happens to be a lot easier to show off graphics than code and boring backend systems ;)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited October 2017
    I agree with DM, I too have no issue with graphics since I too go back to Everquest frequently. So graphics are fine let's just focus on gameplay now.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Xarko
    Chamber of Chains