Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes Omega - A Closer Look at the Omega Item Redesign - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMarvel Heroes Omega - A Closer Look at the Omega Item Redesign - MMORPG.com

Item sets are finally coming to Marvel Heroes with the Omega patch in November. We take a look at the Omega item redesign and some big changes coming to the overall item game with the patch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    I quite frankly couldn't care less. I play the game because it allows me to stomp hordes of goons and several Marvel villains of note with aplomb when the mood strikes.

So long as this is so, I will continue to play it. Should any future changes compromise that to such a degree that I find it a bother I will drop it on the spot.

It isn't so much that my patience has expired, as it is that I have no shortage of games to play that I enjoy. I have no reason to stay with one now determined to annoy me.
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Thing that ALWAYS bothered me, no auto sort in a game this loot heavy is bullshit.
    BruceYee
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    It's kind of silly when you think about it that omega drops should be character specific, since you can get gear for other characters on any character.  The premise behind that was so that you could potentially gear up other characters on higher difficulties and pass those down, but I guess all in all it doesn't really matter.

I'm not even sure if Omega Prestige has rolled out on PC yet, but it sounds like they're pushing back on PC a lot of what the console is doing.  I wonder if that will also translate to the changes in characters too, because currently, some of the changes aren't as good as the original PC specs consoles started with. 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I'm ready to return to the game after Omega itemization patch (and dump more $$$ into costumes 8-)

It's still my favorite aRPG - not to mention it's the only aRPG with PvE zones for more than 4 players.

Thank you for your time!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    this isn't what they promised at all.  Oh and skill changes are locked to upcoming paid costumes now lol.  At least POE allows you to buy the skill change without also having to buy an expensive armor cosmetic.

Gazillion is a joke
    this isn't what they promised at all.  Oh and skill changes are locked to upcoming paid costumes now lol.  At least POE allows you to buy the skill change without also having to buy an expensive armor cosmetic.

Gazillion is a joke
    It's only one ability though. 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The only thing this game has left is being able to play as your favorite heroes & villains.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    "If you want to focus on a guns and explosives build for Punisher, you simply chase items with those tags."

Because the game totally needs more inventory clutter and bloat than it has already now that Punisher players need to keep a set of gun tags AND explosive tags instead of just physical tags....
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    This game was a lot of fun with a controller on PC.  I always hoped blizzard would add controller support for D3, but I doubt that will happen.
    maskedweasel
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Meh. 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Gazillion is a joke
    I just saw a twitter post by asros mentioning several new skills.

and these costumes are likely locked behind gambling boxes.  It's just a really shitty way to try and make money

Gazillion is a joke
    I just saw a twitter post by asros mentioning several new skills.

and these costumes are likely locked behind gambling boxes.  It's just a really shitty way to try and make money
    Well, yes and no.  Below are the abilities they added today. One new ability per character costume. With each new costume they have the potential to add a new ability, and these are considered "enhanced" costumes, whereas before "enhanced" costumes consisted of new characters, with different voiceovers.  In a way this made me feel like they were a little lazy not doing new voiceovers for the new costumes.  Call me crazy but "Death" Jean shouldn't sit around in the tower saying "I'm here to help".

But I digress.  You can buy Costumes with essence, which you can get from playing multiple characters and getting marvelous loot boxes.  There is a path to get these for free, but it's time consuming and convoluted. You don't necessarily have to gamble for them.  

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Torval said:
    I don't like RNG costumes and heroes. If I can't just buy what I want I'm going to be bummed. It's kind of a deal breaker because with this kind of game I just want to play the thing that draws me in. Plus in an ARPG the mobs are the freaking loot crates. That's why you pop them to get the sweet loot.

Fortunately I have a few heroes I really like unlocked with costumes I like so if that doesn't get screwed up then I'm find for a while. 

The loot and gear changes I'm okay with too for the same reasons Mike listed in the article. Compared to all my other ARPGs this has the most boring loot. I'm looking forward to see how it improves.

I hope it all works out for the better. I'd hate to lose my only superhero ARPG.
    So you can't just directly buy your hero of choice on consoles?  If I'm understanding correctly, they drop in loot boxes?  If that's the case, I don't think I would even bother with that version.
    Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    I don't like RNG costumes and heroes. If I can't just buy what I want I'm going to be bummed. It's kind of a deal breaker because with this kind of game I just want to play the thing that draws me in. Plus in an ARPG the mobs are the freaking loot crates. That's why you pop them to get the sweet loot.

Fortunately I have a few heroes I really like unlocked with costumes I like so if that doesn't get screwed up then I'm find for a while. 

The loot and gear changes I'm okay with too for the same reasons Mike listed in the article. Compared to all my other ARPGs this has the most boring loot. I'm looking forward to see how it improves.

I hope it all works out for the better. I'd hate to lose my only superhero ARPG.
    So you can't just directly buy your hero of choice on consoles?  If I'm understanding correctly, they drop in loot boxes?  If that's the case, I don't think I would even bother with that version.
    Unfortunately Marvel needs money, their comics are not selling and they have a number of issues in that regard, so expect more loot boxes etc. its all about the money.
    MrMelGibson
    Torval said:

You can buy any hero.  Brand new heroes are subject to cash purchase either in the respective console store (ps4 or xbox store) or with G's in the gazillion store.  Sometimes they limit the purchases only to the console stores first and then they will open them up for G's,  then after a month or two, you can get them through eternity shards (in game currency).

The costumes are limited to Marvelous Loot Boxes, or you can get them when you purchase Console bundles from the stores, or buy G bundles through the gazillion store when available.  

Some specific event costumes are ONLY able to be purchased with G's through the gazillion store, such as some enhanced costumes, and they are only available in special loot boxes.  

All costumes are locked behind a "loot box" structure, and they have 2 tiers of loot boxes, ones that are able to be obtained in game (event and marvelous loot boxes)  and "limited" loot boxes, that have limited time enhances costumes.  The latter you can only purchase.

People dislike the lootbox for costumes route because you can't guarantee which costume you'll get, but in most if not all boxes you get the costume currency (marvelous essence) which you can use to buy specific costumes from the store.  Again, not all costumes are purchasable this way immediately, but eventually will be rolled out for essence over time, and essence can be earned in-game without purchase,  so if there's a costume you really want, you just earn and sit on essence until it becomes available. (which may take months depending on the costume).  Or.. you buy it, or roll for it with cash if you're impatient. 
    MrMelGibson