Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking forward to this MMOFPS! Very few PVE MMOFPS/shooter games come out

2»

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Now that we clarified what two major MMO sites say, we can get back to the topic of Destiny 2.

Here is what the game looks like on PC at 4k resolution at 60 FPS

Here is a PC beta video. Looks very smooth performance wise (though this may be partly be PC dependent). A more normal look at the game, since not many people go the full 4k resolution on their games

Shows combat and what not in a PvP setting

Excession

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Scorchien said:
    aliven said:
    Scorchien said:
     The people have spoken ...........

Is Destiny 2 an MMO
    1. Is Destiny 2 an MMO215 votes
      1. Yes
        18.14%
      2. No
        81.86%

Popularity of opinion doesnt make that opinion fact or even worthwhile. 
       Its a fact that the popular opinion of this community , is that Destiny 2 is not an MMO....
    Your point does nothing to refute the legitimacy of the one you quote.

Popular fallacy is still fallacy.
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    I love how people are getting bent out of shape about this. It's like the same 12 guys for the last 10 years slagging off any subforum that looks like its having to much fun. OK its cool, just report these violations to the game classification police and they'll give you a biscuit.

Anyway, the thing that really surprised me about beta was how well it ran on a GPU from 2013. If Defiance had half that optimization i would still be a patron.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

Leethe said:

Anyway, the thing that really surprised me about beta was how well it ran on a GPU from 2013. If Defiance had half that optimization i would still be a patron.
    That is a good sign that it runs really well on an older GPU. My system isn't the best, but not terrible. But that is what I've seen others say and from what I've seen on videos is amazing optimization. Really look forward to getting into it and seeing how it plays on my particular system.

It sounds like they did a great job with the tech side of things in performance/stability and what not
    Excession

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Kyleran said:
    Leethe said:
    Season pass pre-ordered. I pretty much know what to expect and I care not one shiz if folks call it an MMO or not. It's not like it has a sub and AS I'm an adult with funds I went for digital deluxe.
    yeah, a lot of people are making a big deal about a game being called something they don't like lol.

But as for deluxe. That is what I'm leaning toward too. I'm on limited income though, so don't make much money and the state I am in is SUPER expensive. If I lived in a cheap state, my income would make a lot more sense lol. So hopefully I can afford it after bills/rent etc are paid.
    If "some people" would quit labeling this game something which it clearly isn't the issue would never come up.

But you included in the title make sure your thread got traction. 

Its just what you do....
    I think he's trying really hard to get that epic purple lol.
    Honestly, I could care less what people call it.  I only care what Bungie calls it and they don't think it's an mmo. 

Bungie's new game Destiny has been given a lot of names. It's been called a "first-person shooter," "shared-world shooter," "action role-playing game," "mythic sci-fi open-world game," and an "MMO," but which is the most accurate?

Asked as part of the latest Bungie Weekly Update if the studio ever gets tired of people called Destiny an MMO, the developer said it enjoys the constant debate about how to classify the game.

Bungie:  Do you guys ever get tired of us insisting it's not an MMO? Debate about this game is always fun, and we welcome it," Bungie said. "The ideas that are shaping Destiny come from a lot of different places. We're drawing the best elements from experiences we love. Like an MMO, our game will compel you to explore."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/is-destiny-an-mmo-bungie-weighs-in/1100-6416234/

So there you have it.  Bungie doesnt label it an mmo.  No more need for debate.
    ExcessionGdemami
    Honestly, I could care less what people call it.  I only care what Bungie calls it and they don't think it's an mmo. 

Bungie's new game Destiny has been given a lot of names. It's been called a "first-person shooter," "shared-world shooter," "action role-playing game," "mythic sci-fi open-world game," and an "MMO," but which is the most accurate?

Asked as part of the latest Bungie Weekly Update if the studio ever gets tired of people called Destiny an MMO, the developer said it enjoys the constant debate about how to classify the game.

Bungie:  Do you guys ever get tired of us insisting it's not an MMO? Debate about this game is always fun, and we welcome it," Bungie said. "The ideas that are shaping Destiny come from a lot of different places. We're drawing the best elements from experiences we love. Like an MMO, our game will compel you to explore."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/is-destiny-an-mmo-bungie-weighs-in/1100-6416234/

They actually say "Debate about this game is always fun, and we welcome it". They actually never said they didn't think it was an MMO anywhere in your post. They actually said they took ideas from a lot of different places. And like an MMO they let the player explore.

But nowhere did they actually say "No the people debating that this is an MMO are wrong" or "to clarify, this is NOT an MMO".

All they said is they like the debate of what Destiny 2 is...probably cause it gets people talking about it. So they don't say in that interview that it isn't an MMO or is. They just said they like people debating about it.
    MrMelGibsonExcession

They actually say "Debate about this game is always fun, and we welcome it". They actually never said they didn't think it was an MMO anywhere in your post. They actually said they took ideas from a lot of different places. And like an MMO they let the player explore.

But nowhere did they actually say "No the people debating that this is an MMO are wrong" or "to clarify, this is NOT an MMO".

All they said is they like the debate of what Destiny 2 is...probably cause it gets people talking about it. So they don't say in that interview that it isn't an MMO or is. They just said they like people debating about it.
    Lol, the very first sentence says "Do you guys ever get tired of us insisting it's not an mmo " .  That sentence means They are saying it's not an mmo. They say right after that it's fun if people debate it.  Jesus, you just took what you wanted from that and ran with it even though you're wrong.  Taking inspiration and having some similarities from mmos doesn't make it an mmo.  So yes, they did say right there it's not an mmo.  No matter how you wish to spin it. 

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point I've noticed.  But keep up the good fight.  
    ExcessionNilden
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Popular vote means nothing .
    aliven

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Leethe said:
    I don't think anyone cares. Let it go.
    People here like to tell what games should be made, how they should be designed, how you should play, how much you should pay for them so it does makes sense they also feel entitled to tell you how you should call them....

They cannot let go when they lack means to.

IselinMrMelGibson
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gdemami said:
    Leethe said:
    I don't think anyone cares. Let it go.
    People here like to tell what games should be made, how they should be designed, how you should play, how much you should pay for them so it does makes sense they also feel entitled to tell you how you should call them....

They cannot let go when they lack means to.

KnightFalzMrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Lol, the very first sentence says "Do you guys ever get tired of us insisting it's not an mmo " .  That sentence means They are saying it's not an mmo. They say right after that it's fun if people debate it.  Jesus, you just took what you wanted from that and ran with it even though you're wrong.  Taking inspiration and having some similarities from mmos doesn't make it an mmo.  So yes, they did say right there it's not an mmo.  No matter how you wish to spin it. 

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point I've noticed.  But keep up the good fight.  
    So I can make a game, lets say a Witcher 3 style game with 16 people and call it an MMO...since I'm the developer, I am right in calling it an MMO and means I would be correct since I said it and made the game. That would then automatically make it an MMO in your world because I, as a developer/maker of the game say its an MMO.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    It isn't an MMO but hopefully it will be a decent Cooperative Online FPS, as long as you ignore all the dlc at least, which i plan to. :p
    MrMelGibson

So I can make a game, lets say a Witcher 3 style game with 16 people and call it an MMO...since I'm the developer, I am right in calling it an MMO and means I would be correct since I said it and made the game. That would then automatically make it an MMO in your world because I, as a developer/maker of the game say its an MMO.

They just confirmed what people already knew.  If you developed the game you mentioned and called it an mmo than you would be a liar.  Hope that clears it up.
    Gdemamialiven
    edited September 2017

They just confirmed what people already knew.  If you developed the game you mentioned and called it an mmo than you would be a liar.  Hope that clears it up.
    So because you agree with the devs in this case, they aren't liars? But if you disagree with a developer that says one thing, that makes them liars?

Doesn't work that way.

Even massively and mmorpg.com call Destiny 2 an MMO shooter/MMOFPS

edited September 2017

So because you agree with the devs in this case, they aren't liars? But if you disagree with a developer that says one thing, that makes them liars?

Doesn't work that way.

It doesn't matter what information I provide.  You'll counter it with your opinion every time.  Did you ever consider that you may not be right?  84% of people on this forum alone disagree?  Tell me what makes it an mmo?  What facts can you provide to establish your point since the developer of the game is clueless and you know best.

For the record, if bungle said it's an mmo they would also be wrong.  But they obviously know better.
    Gdemamialiven
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

Doesn't work that way.

It doesn't matter what information I provide.  You'll counter it with your opinion every time.  Did you ever consider that you may not be right?  84% of people on this forum alone disagree?  Tell me what makes it an mmo?  What facts can you provide to establish your point since the developer of the game is clueless and you know best.

For the record, if bungle said it's an mmo they would also be wrong.  But they obviously know better.
    For somebody who dont care about what people call it you seems to be very upset when people name it in the way you disagree. Maybe let it go?