Kamsylve part 1 released - and the players rush in.....

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,131
... ehm - nope. It actually is the lowest concurrent 24 hour peak when it comes to steam playerbase.

So yeah - new area made absolutely no difference as far as bringing in players.

My conclusion - new classes is what really brings the players back, Kamasylve part 1 so far is a dud (they didn't nerf the mobs, so it's pretty crappy in both terms of XP and loot unless you are 500+ GS)

NycteliosMikehaYashaXhilary018

Comments

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Huntington Beach, CAMember UncommonPosts: 327
    I wouldn't put much stock on most BDO players using Steam as their preferred method to playing the game seeing as how It came out awhile before it was even on Steam.  Everybody I know that play the game played it before it came to Steam and just used the regular launcher that it launched with.  

As for the new areas not bringing players back, I am not surprised.  I agree with you that Classes are what bring people back.  What BDO lacks is any meaningful group PvE content. PvE content is what drives MMO's, not PvP.  While PvP is fun, no pure PvP MMO will ever have an incredibly massive following. Never has happened, and probably wont ever.
    pantaroMikehaTokkenwingood
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,131
    edited September 28
    I wouldn't put much stock on most BDO players using Steam as their preferred method to playing the game seeing as how It came out awhile before it was even on Steam.  Everybody I know that play the game played it before it came to Steam and just used the regular launcher that it launched with.  

As for the new areas not bringing players back, I am not surprised.  I agree with you that Classes are what bring people back.  What BDO lacks is any meaningful group PvE content. PvE content is what drives MMO's, not PvP.  While PvP is fun, no pure PvP MMO will ever have an incredibly massive following. Never has happened, and probably wont ever.

Steam players *must* use steam to play BDO - they cannot just log in via launcher - so in this way steam charts is a great tool for measuring trends for the rest (which is majority) of the playerbase - as far as declining or increasing etc...

Also regular players cannot play via steam launcher - so again the entire steam playerbase is sort of like a "enclosed ecosystem" that reflects on what the rest of the BDO population is doing.

This is why I posted a snippet of Olvia servers next to steam charts - these would show players coming back after being absent for a month - if there was a huge influx of player - there would be a more than a single crowded Olvia channel during prime time.

Bottom line - steam charts directly reflect the trend for the overall BDO population.

Post edited by DMKano on
    GdemamiMikeha
  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONMember UncommonPosts: 1,982
    Even players that kept a casual eye on this game knew Scamsylve 1 was DoA.
    The Korean servers, who had years of gear grind on NA and EU weren't making use of this region. It was concluded many months ago we simply wouldn't have the gear to farm the content.

Part 2 might see some use. Part 1 is for the top .1% and worker armies.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 5,272
    I'd still rather play ArcheAge, lol.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthMember EpicPosts: 4,286
    Doesn't help that only the most hardcore of Steam players will be Kama ready by now. Even level 61's with a combination of TRI and TET gear, kill stuff slowly in Kama. Aka the less than 500+gs thing Kano mentioned.

I think part of the problem is that they are expecting people to craft and use those new monster dmg reduction potions, and for everyone to use decent alchemy stones.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    If you purchase the package that is not on STEAM, will you be able to still play it on STEAM? or you need to purchase it on STEAM as well? >.<
    A game will only END if you on STOP playing it...
  • HectaleBeastHectaleBeast Member CommonPosts: 3
    I'm in Olvia 2!! Hmu and let's play!! :smiley:
    If you wanna quit, Keep Going...
    If you purchase the package that is not on STEAM, will you be able to still play it on STEAM? or you need to purchase it on STEAM as well? >.<
    They are entirely different accounts. So you'll have to pick which one you want.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

They are entirely different accounts. So you'll have to pick which one you want.
    I see! I asked because my friends are playing using the Steam Version of the game and I am using the stand alone client. I hope there won't be any issues like "we won't be able to see each other". I created a guild with some of my friends in-game, player who are mostly based on SEA region and currently playing the EU server. Its just a small guild and we are doing our best to increase our Guild's reputation. And yes, I am currently looking for people to be part of our Guild. And I do not want the difference in version to become a hindrance in the near future. Thank you for the reply. :)
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,131
    I see! I asked because my friends are playing using the Steam Version of the game and I am using the stand alone client. I hope there won't be any issues like "we won't be able to see each other". I created a guild with some of my friends in-game, player who are mostly based on SEA region and currently playing the EU server. Its just a small guild and we are doing our best to increase our Guild's reputation. And yes, I am currently looking for people to be part of our Guild. And I do not want the difference in version to become a hindrance in the near future. Thank you for the reply. :)

To see eachother - the steam player will have to pick a server/channel of the other player - as normal players cannot play on steam channels.
    xLoveless1102
    DMKano said:

To see eachother - the steam player will have to pick a server/channel of the other player - as normal players cannot play on steam channels.
    I see. So that's how it works. And I just noticed the "steam" specific server list on my stand alone client. Thank you so much Sir. 

More question, is it okay to know how would I be able to create new threads or topics? Or newly created accounts are not allowed to make their own threads? I mean I am not that too noob when it comes to this stuff but I just cannot find one to create new threads here. I am into perception that we should be able to create threads as on other forum sites that I ventured, most of them have access to creating threads for new accounts.

Thank you again. :)
    DMKano said:

I see. So that's how it works. And I just noticed the "steam" specific server list on my stand alone client. Thank you so much Sir. 

More question, is it okay to know how would I be able to create new threads or topics? Or newly created accounts are not allowed to make their own threads? I mean I am not that too noob when it comes to this stuff but I just cannot find one to create new threads here. I am into perception that we should be able to create threads as on other forum sites that I ventured, most of them have access to creating threads for new accounts.

I didn't think there was a restriction on starting threads O.O

And yes, the only thing the client matters for is determining how you log into the game. You can't switch it up. Everyone plays on the same servers. The Steam channels are only for new/returning players that have the game on Steam, to help them catch up. But after 30 days they lose access to them.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,215
    DMKano said:
    ... ehm - nope. It actually is the lowest concurrent 24 hour peak when it comes to steam playerbase.

So yeah - new area made absolutely no difference as far as bringing in players.

My conclusion - new classes is what really brings the players back, Kamasylve part 1 so far is a dud (they didn't nerf the mobs, so it's pretty crappy in both terms of XP and loot unless you are 500+ GS)

Maybe the time that was taken. I've noticed the opposite, all channels with the exception of an occasional "1" crowded. I should know, I always pick the less crowded channel and have had difficulty doing that.

So that screen on the right is very surprising.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 4,562
    I notice the player pops in-game normal as usual, in terms of how crowded servers get.
    DMKano said:

I didn't think there was a restriction on starting threads O.O

And yes, the only thing the client matters for is determining how you log into the game. You can't switch it up. Everyone plays on the same servers. The Steam channels are only for new/returning players that have the game on Steam, to help them catch up. But after 30 days they lose access to them.
    Yes! I wasn't able to create new threads so there is no way for me to recruit other players :( I'm mainly targeting new players as we are also new players of the game and we like to explore together :)
    Mikeha
  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    I also tried that xLoveless1102 :(

Also, how come i can still see the STEAM in my list even thou i'm playing EU server? will this also happen when i play in the SEA server?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember EpicPosts: 3,044
    Tried to get back into it, but couldn't get the on-screen popups to stop no matter which boxes I checked in settings. It just became too annoying to continue
    hilary018

• mark.ovamark.ova Member CommonPosts: 8
    I hope we don't encounter a lot of problems when the SEA server comes out. 
  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    maybe they will get it finished before OBT/CBT so that there won't be anymore errors?