Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The HiRez Bugle - Odyssey in Smite, Talus in Paladins, and Hand of the Gods Updates - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe HiRez Bugle - Odyssey in Smite, Talus in Paladins, and Hand of the Gods Updates - MMORPG.com

In a new weekly column that we’re calling the HiRez Bugle, we’ve partnered with HiRez Studios to bring you a look at all the things going on in the Georgia-based studio’s games, along with sweet giveaways, occasional Q&A’s, and other inside looks at the company’s happenings. Read on to get in the know on all things SMITE, Paladins, Hand of the Gods, and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

DMKano said:

In terms of playerbase on Steam - Paladins is their most popular game (CCU= concurrent players, average monthly)

Paladins - more than 20K CCU since Sep 16th 2016

Smite - 8K-10K CCU since 2015

Hand of the Gods - about 700 CCU (new game, so this will grow but IMO will remain pretty small in comparison to Paladins and Smite)

Obviously this is just CCU - and it's not showing the whole picture as far profitability - but they certainly have enough players to make nice cash. Just IMO I think they overestimated the mass appeal of Hand of Gods, but time will tell.

Eh, I think HiRez realizes they are not a big time developer. Considering all the meteor plummits of Dev studios, they've stuck around and grown a decent amount over the years, so that in itself is success.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

DMKano said:

In terms of playerbase on Steam - Paladins is their most popular game (CCU= concurrent players, average monthly)

Paladins - more than 20K CCU since Sep 16th 2016

Smite - 8K-10K CCU since 2015

Hand of the Gods - about 700 CCU (new game, so this will grow but IMO will remain pretty small in comparison to Paladins and Smite)

Obviously this is just CCU - and it's not showing the whole picture as far profitability - but they certainly have enough players to make nice cash. Just IMO I think they overestimated the mass appeal of Hand of Gods, but time will tell.

Eh, I think HiRez realizes they are not a big time developer. Considering all the meteor plummits of Dev studios, they've stuck around and grown a decent amount over the years, so that in itself is success.

I wish they would put more effort into Tribes, that is one of my favorite shooters. But I have been playing HiRez games for years (not via Steam) and I will continue to do so. I suspect they are playing the long game, establishing some solid revenue to continue on hopefully with some plans in future. Only time will tell, but they seem to be doing something right.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.