Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tyria By the Numbers - Almost 80 TRILLION XP Gathered! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150

Dhaenon said:

Oh man, those 3 guys have been busy!

If you played this game recently every zone I go into has people all over the map, this game feels more alive than FFXIV, and WoW.

Just making a funny comment.
    I'm sure it is a decent game. I only played it for a short while when it launched.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

DMKano said:

Dhaenon said:

If you played this game recently every zone I go into has people all over the map, this game feels more alive than FFXIV, and WoW.

Personal perception is often very skewed and not indicative of actual population. Also megaservers are amazing when it comes to hiding how few players there are overall.

But we have the actual data - as NCSOFT's finacial report shows clearly what's been going on with GW2 and it has not been good:

Only people that should care about overall numbers should be the companies, as long as there's enough players to do all the activities is enough for me.
    GhavriggDeadSpock
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited September 2017

DMKano said:

Dhaenon said:

Personal perception is often very skewed and not indicative of actual population. Also megaservers are amazing when it comes to hiding how few players there are overall.

But we have the actual data - as NCSOFT's finacial report shows clearly what's been going on with GW2 and it has not been good:

And again that graph dont show anything its even normal numbers cose HOT release was way before that so numbers can even be seen as good , all merchandise and in game store sales wont count in those charts.

Right now i bet those numbers are min twice as that cose of POF release as they jumped with HOT release back then.
    And again you imply that theres low population just because game developed and implemented megaserver architecture and without showing us real evidence of that its just false assumption.
    GhavriggDeadSpock
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    yeah this is definitely not news worthy in the least.
    [Deleted User]AlomarDeadSpock
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Been playing PoF - some parts you can solo, some parts you can't. The zones are huge , gorgeous and amazing. It very much harks back to GW1 days. Excellent expansion.
    Jeleena

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    yeah this is definitely not news worthy in the least.
    It is a great game and has gotten better. Sorry you don't like it, oh well.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

cheyane said:

Dragnelus said:

Hope my sister catch up soon so we can start pof! What I really dislike is my bag, it get so full fast! Got 6 bags with 18 space .

Together with my sister:

That belly button attachment worries me. I had mine ripped off it was painful so coming from that experience you'll understand.

How did that even happen? Do I really want to know? xD
    MrMelGibson
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Loke666 said:

I wouldn't call a bunch of meaningless numbers "fun and fascinating." They're trying to do marketing, but throwing out arbitrary stats isn't inspiring for the brand. Well, maybe it would be if this were for Eve Online, because you know, spreadsheets and stuff are exciting for their playerbase. ;)

You are right, instead of using Wows boring marketting they should copy the good one and call Mr T instead. Only smart marketting move I seen a MMO do :) (yeah, I like Mr T :)). 

Yeah lol. I have to admit. That WoW marketing campaign at that time was hilarious! Mr.T really nailed it back then. :P
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    80 trillion xp? How is this possible when I could boost 3 new characters to 80 immediately if I wanted. Anyway...loving PoF. Very well done, and pvp has been even better. Play your new specs...I'll enjoy killing you with my old Zerk Warrior! HEADBUTT!!!!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited September 2017
    ....................................and?

WTF does this even mean when everyone has stacks of XP scrolls?